No announcement yet.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 SPOILER THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iluzja is a given. Basically Yawn with a cloaking ability. Mesets are the crow-like enemies, you must be talking about Brzak, the Neptune-like fish in Leon Ch.3 right ?
    I don't see how Deborah would be a reference, except for the fact that she wrote a letter to her sister, sounding just like what Jessica Trevor wrote to her daughter Lisa.

Comment

• Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
      Am I the only one who thinks that Iluzja, Mesets and Deborah could be references to the original RE bosses (minus plant 42)?
      Iluzja definitely was, but I'm not getting the correlation between the other two. Did you mean Brzak? Because that thing was definitely a homage to Neptune.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reston View Post
        I was right about Damnation being Carla all along as one of the files strictly say that the real Ada and Derek had not had any sort of communication since 1998.
        You weren't. It just wasn't Simmons at the end. Kamiya said all along this film wasn't related to 6 and he didn't even know the plot for it. We chose not to believe him at the time but turns out he wasn't teasing us after all.

That guy was just one of Ada's many faceless employers. The DVD confirmed that she is an independent contractor so she works for anyone that hires her basically.
        Last edited by TheBatMan; 10-10-2012, 02:27 PM.
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Well then slap me sideways. My bad, I guess. Good to know we have people like you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Iluzja is a given. Basically Yawn with a cloaking ability. Mesets are the crow-like enemies, you must be talking about Brzak, the Neptune-like fish in Leon Ch.3 right ?
            I don't see how Deborah would be a reference, except for the fact that she wrote a letter to her sister, sounding just like what Jessica Trevor wrote to her daughter Lisa.
            Yeah I meant Brzak. I actually thought of Deborah being the Tyrant and the Giant Spider (Bkack something, i don't remember) lovechild.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
              You weren't. It just wasn't Simmons at the end. Kamiya said all along this film wasn't related to 6 and he didn't even know the plot for it. We chose not to believe him at the time but turns out he wasn't teasing us after all.

That guy was just one of Ada's many faceless employers. The DVD confirmed that she is an independent contractor so she works for anyone that hires her basically.
              Did I call it, or did I call it?

Comment

• Damnation added a new organization anyway in the Las Plagas: Organisms of War featurette. Most likely will never be heard from again.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Welp, I finally finished the three main campaigns, and with class/work responsibilities along with other factors, getting through Ada's will probably be another while. Overall I was satisfied with the game- there was a crap load of frustration involved, they could have cut down about three quarters of the QTEs (especially the L1+R1 climb/crawl bullshit), and this is far from the kind of "RE experience" I grew up with or that I would consider ideal. As far as the last gripe is concerned however, I'm through with having expectations when a new entry comes along; I went into this fairly blind, having stopped with the trailers around about E3, and I was happy with what I got. One thing that remains constant after the 20+ hours it took for me to beat Leon/Chris/Jake is that the game accomplished far more than RE5 did in terms of its overall experience. The layout of the game was schizophrenic, but it was an enjoyable schizophrenia to me. There were some striking moments that bucked the action gameplay, and it wasn't just wave after wave of majini/ganados with a couple of variations thrown in.

Chris/Piers- Fun: I mostly played as Piers, from chapter 2 on to be exact (his anti material rile contributed to this decision). In terms of the plot, I thought Chris's battle weariness arc was done quite well considering the series. I mean, shit, RE5 tried that using his closest female companion and his greatest nemesis, and that was nothing compared to the way it came off here. The manifold J'avo mutations were terrific, and although they sometimes got a little unintentionally funny (the J'avo emus were probably the best example of this), the effort put into it was great. Chapter 4 was the first time I was privy to Rasklapanje, and they were one of my favorite parts of the game. I had chills (that's right, it was scary) as I looked for each passcode, it essentially crammed everything good about Revelations into a nice 40 minute segment. MiLØ nailed it on HAOS, its primordial liquid style look reminded me of the Ultimate Being from Parasite Eve. Playing as Piers the Tyrant with Force Lightning was fun for a little while. Also, by the time I got to the armored J'Avos, I grew to appreciate the combination of gunplay and melee mechanics.

Frustration: Playing as Piers the Tyrant yadda yadda...clunky as hell to control, and HAOS had a lot more at its disposal to keep sending me into dying mode. Edonia. It's funny, I've heard a lot of people gripe about too little ammo, and that was never a problem for me, except when I fought the Ogre-thingy with Jake and Sherry. Being chased by HAOS, a lot of tries for that. The helicopter battle. I could barely fire the grenade launcher and cover before I'd catch a hail of bullets. Plus, the J'avo emus and their annoying kicks were beginning to grate at me. I agree that it made no sense for Piers to die in favor of Chris.

Jake/Sherry- Fun, with reservations: I thought their relationship throughout was cute (especially Jake referring to Sherry as "Supergirl"), but I think that ironically, for a series which tends to get some of its themes across quite bluntly, they didn't make a big enough deal about the both of them stepping out of their fathers' shadows. On that end, Jake was emphasized a bit, but not Sherry. Missed opportunity by not having Sherry wear Claire's jacket, but there might be the possibility for that with subsequent mercenaries skins. I think their strongest chapter was 2- I dug the overwhelming blizzard portion followed by the calm and tense ice mines. Ustanak was a fine brute to fight and escape from throughout, although (and this was a trend with the end bosses) the final free-roam battle on the lava rock sucked. I'll suggest something that's mostly just my stupid idea but- the chainsaw blood monster was the developers' snarky comment on that enemy type needing to die, but never EVER doing so.

Note: A lot of people are saying that their story was of no consequence, but that's kinda the point. It's as Gene said about Jill in RE5, Jake is nothing but a walking MacGuffin. The object of their scenario is to make sure he gets in safe hands, and just that. Still...

Frustrations: Aside from Ustanak and chapter 2, I didn't think their scenario escaped blandness. The draw of it for me was the returned Sherry Birkin, and aside from a few references, and an overall enjoyable personality, as I said before they could have made more of her. I didn't like Jake, but I didn't mind him either, so I didn't have any serious thought about him overall. The helicopter battle. I could barely fire the grenade launcher and cover before I'd catch a hail of bullets. The damn thing barely even came into view, and I could only shoot it once every two or so minutes. Plus, the J'avo emus and their annoying kicks were beginning to grate at me.

Leon- Fun: The most varied, enjoyable, and atmospheric scenario for me. Also, it had the greatest appreciation for the earlier games. Granted, it was through the modern era's mechanics, but what can you do? The first couple of chapters were a great take on both RE2 and RE4. I was put off by some of the utterly weird cathedral puzzles until I realized that it was just an affectionate nod to 4's lighthearted ridiculousness. Tall Oaks and its (ephemeral) survivors was one zombie movie trope after another. The zombies themselves had a lot of nice spins on 'em, such as the bloodshots and shriekers. The lighting during the subway portion was perfect, and the addition of cerberi very welcome. The China sequence with the gas spreading had my favorite piece of BGM in the game. Simmons, while his forms were baffling, was a lot of fun to fight, with a couple of distinct exceptions. No J'avo emus.

Frustrations: Speaking of "symbolism-" I've played enough Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games, and seen enough folkloric sketches to shout at my TV- why in God's wondrous fuck does Simmons become Beelzebub? What was the point of comparing such a disposable (but somehow important) secondary character to the devil? I mean, it was fun to look at, but Beelzebub? *head explodes* Helena's whole "I'll tell you everything, but first we must get to..." gnawed at me. It was pointless. The Del Lago QTE was stupid, as was the swimming section that preceded it. Fuck the endgame L1/R1 QTE. I can't tell you how many times Leon slipped off that rope.
                  Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 10-12-2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• I take it you don't like the J'avo emus?

Comment

• The J'avo emus are at once a source of amusement and also annoyance. Particularly because one character claimed that they look like grasshoppers.

Bull SHIT I say.

One other thing I like about Ustanak is its behavior is quite Tyrant-like. For instance, during the crossover fight, if he's attacking someone else and you get his attention, he'll bring his equipped arm diagonally up to chest level, and then swipe it down at his side- at which point he'll start focusing on you.
                      Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 10-13-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• The emu J'avos are indeed humorous, but I think the ones with bee shoulders take the cake for stupidest design. There's a few hilarious mutations in there that make me take the game a bit less seriously, which is odd considering the tone of the game.

Ustanak was cool, but I never understood the purpose of the stealth section. You had just fought the thing head-on a chapter back, but now you have to tip-toe around it?! It made no sense, and seemed like a "let's do something different" situation from the developers' standpoint.

Comment

• The ones with the bee shoulders make me uncomfortable, because, wait for it, bees and wasps scare the piss out of me. You can probably only imagine how hard it is for me to concentrate while one of those swarms hatch out of the cocoons.

I just like the tonal shift of chapter 2. Maybe it could have been sequenced a bit better, but at the same time, you're in a tight area, and the ice (when you get to the wider zone) wouldn't allow the same amount of precision as before. Perhaps that could have been taken advantage of, though.
                          Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 10-13-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Ok, i was reading PU RE6 story discussion and I saw that apparently Jake doesn't have powers. Is that true?

Comment

Ok, i was reading PU RE6 story discussion and I saw that apparently Jake doesn't have powers. Is that true?
                              Depends how many levels of complete bullshit you want the Ustanak hand to hand fight to be.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Ok, i was reading PU RE6 story discussion and I saw that apparently Jake doesn't have powers. Is that true?
                                Yes. He's just very, very exaggerated, which is becoming a problem in the series. Chris's boulder punching, Leon's invincibility, etc.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X