RESIDENT EVIL 6 SPOILER THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    -Originally, they were going to kill off Chris, but they apparently couldn't come up with a meaningful way to do it, and they didn't want it to just be for shock value, so they killed Piers instead.
    Lame. I think it would've been quite meaning, regardless, if Chris had died, especially after his speech, to Piers, about taking his place. Chris really, really should've died. Chris has always been my favorite male protagonist, but the depth and realism his death would've added to the series would've been extremely admirable.

It kind of boggles me that they'd say they couldn't come up with a meaningful way for it to happen... His entire campaign is written with the perfect setup for his death. His desire to protect his team, his agony over failing at that, his self-hatred; followed by the opportunity to redeem himself by sacrificing himself and saving his last-standing teammate, Piers? Wasted opportunity.

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    There would also have been several Ada clones, with the revelation being that every Ada that has appeared so far in the series was actually a different clone.
    Thank fuck this did not happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      -Carla was originally supposed to be an actual clone of Ada, not a pre-existing individual who was transformed via the C-Virus. There would also have been several Ada clones, with the revelation being that every Ada that has appeared so far in the series was actually a different clone. This idea was scrapped, however, because "there has never been any kind of cloning technology in the Resident Evil series." (They evidently forgot about Sergei and Alfred and Alexia.)
      In this case, Capcom forgetting stuff worked for the best.

Comment

• I may be wrong, but I guess what they meant by that, was that even in the bio-world, you can't just copy/paste an actual individual with cloning alone. Alfred and Alexia were supposed to be clones of Veronica, but looked nothing like her - and Alfred is a man, which doesn't make any sense. We don't know how Sergei's clones looked like, and how they grew up, if they ever did grow up normally or in a test tube with accelerated growth, etc.
        Obviously, cloning is heavily used in BOW's mass production, but not so much for people. And all for the better, because cloning people plainly sucks.
        So, to get this Ada doppelganger anyway, Sasaki had to work around this "rule of thumb" and create Carla, someone who would appropriate her persona and appearance, instead of an actual clone of Ada created from scratch. Well, to be honest, this is bad too, but a bit less bad than a simple clone. Or worse, several clones.

Comment

• - Thank god Chris didn't die in this game of shitty stories.
          - The Ada clones thing would make more sense than what the series currently does.
          - The fact that brining Wesker back was even on the table is hilarious.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bianca View Post
            It kind of boggles me that they'd say they couldn't come up with a meaningful way for it to happen... His entire campaign is written with the perfect setup for his death. His desire to protect his team, his agony over failing at that, his self-hatred; followed by the opportunity to redeem himself by sacrificing himself and saving his last-standing teammate, Piers? Wasted opportunity.
            Good point. If they were to switch places with Piers it would make more sence. I think they should have made Chris to be the one who gets his arm cut off and injects himself with C-Virus to fight Haos.
            That would add whole new layer of phylosophy to his journey: he dedicates his life to fight the BOW threat but in the end makes a choice to become one of them to save a life of his comrade.
            What they did with Pires just seemed odd and like a wasted potential indeed.

On a side note, maybe I didn't catch it but how exactly was Haos suppose to bring the apocalypse on Earth? By flying around and farting C-Virus everywhere?

Also I said it before but creature design for Haos is just wicked cool. And I like the idea of him/it being forced to hatch from an unfinished incubation process.

Comment

• – Chris' dying to save the world would have been nice, I really though he was a goner by the time I saw the elevator cutscene. I'm grateful they decided to kill Piers off instead of forcing him into the "RESIDENT EVIL Limbo of secondary characters©" and giving him more depth that way.

– I think Carla mutating into Ada instead of being a clone worked decently in the end. What I didn't like is the magical wildcard powers of the C–Virus that can do anything!

– I take Jake anyday over good ol' Al beating certain death... AGAIN. And this comes from a Wesker fanboy so...
              Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 10-17-2012, 07:10 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
                On a side note, maybe I didn't catch it but how exactly was Haos suppose to bring the apocalypse on Earth? By flying around and farting C-Virus everywhere?
                He's basically a giant Lepotitsa, and can replicate itself.
                Haos is a gigantic B.O.W. and the ultimate weapon created by Neo-Umbrella at its underwater facility.

The creature has translucent skin, making humanoid bone structures and internal organs visible to the naked eye. In addition, there are also gas producing organs that secrete a gas that turns humans into zombies. This gas is thousands of times more concentrated than Lepotitsa's, and its potential infection radius is just as exponentially wide.

Should it ever reach the surface, it would follow its programming and continue to divide and multiply. In only a few days these Haos creatures would contaminate the entire planet.
                In the event of Neo-Umbrella leader Ada Wong's death, the Haos creature would still be released. However, depending on when that occurs, there is the possibility that the creature could be released at an incomplete stage of its development.

As it so happened, Ada indeed died before the creature could reach its full form, and it was awakened and released according to the programming in the system. Below is a record of this event.
                ---
                23:29
                Ada Wong's death confirmed.
                Executing Plan D.
                Initializing Haos awakening procedures.
                Progress of metamorphosis: 70.3%
                Lower body still incomplete.
                Plan will not be affected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                  - The fact that brining Wesker back was even on the table is hilarious.
                  They'll bring him back next game. They introduced the lameness of the clones into the series now its gonna happen.

An ada clone army? Nay, thats...god, I'm already getting over a cold but this is just making me sick all over again.
                  Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-17-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bianca View Post
                    I find it quite the opposite. He loses his team, becomes a drunk and washout, then with help from Piers picks himself up, loses more men including poster boy Piers who seemed the new hope, yet Chris has learned that you cannot give up no matter what and ends with him fighting the good fight still. There is a good message in this, to never give up no matter how bad things get.

If Chris died then you get him having something bad happen, become a washout and when try to fix it die and leave it up to other people to fix. It is a crappy message, 'when things get bad, exit out, make it other peoples problem to fix'.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Just finished Leon's campaign. The last boss was really ridiculous. Seriously, first form is some kind of centaure, then it's a t-rex, then a centaure again, and then it's a gigantic fly?! ... seriously, wtf. I'm not even talking about the grotesque and constant mass shifting between human and its various forms.

This game sometimes feels like a parody of all the worst things you can imagine happening in action and horror movies. It's like amplified 10 times. A truck explodes, it makes the whole highway explode, you ride an helicopter, but the pilot turns into a zombie, you have to avoid buildings with QTE, you crash, you survive, but you then have to avoid the collapsing roof, then you end up miraculously in the same room with the big boss you've spent most of the chapter fighting already, etc... explosions explosions explosions.

I mean come on, even the transformers movies aren't THAT crazy when it comes to explosions and stupid action. It's really too much. And it's filled with running and QTE sequences... urgh...

They should get rid of all those QTE, running away from explosions or monsters, and linearity. Leon's chapter played in an old-school way, or even something similar to the open environments of RE4, could have resulted in something really incredible.

Comment

It is a crappy message, 'when things get bad, exit out, make it other peoples problem to fix'.
                        But thats how real life works though :/.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          He's basically a giant Lepotitsa, and can replicate itself.
                          Thanks for clarification. I was also not aware of Ustanak's affection with Carla. So quite a bit of important info comes from those files which are either on a website or in extra menu.
                          Well, I can't say that this way of delivering the backstory is broken but it isn't very effective either. Kinda reminds me of Dark Souls, where nothing was explained in a traditional storytelling way. So you had to read each item's description to piece together the clues about the world. It was so hardcore and probably fit well with an overall hardcoreness of the game, but here... not so much.

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                          If Chris died then you get him having something bad happen, become a washout and when try to fix it die and leave it up to other people to fix. It is a crappy message, 'when things get bad, exit out, make it other peoples problem to fix'.
                          If Chris died (by doing everything Piers did in final showdown) than I would say the message was "to kill a monster you must become one". Quite literally in that case.
                          And while the message isn't so positive, it isn't completely negative either.

Comment

• I am honest to God terrified that they even considered bringing Wesker back. It would be the worst move they could possibly make, and one I've been both seeing coming and dreading since RE5. If anything, the news that they were considering it just goes to show it will happen eventually. Capcom cannot keep it in there pants for Wesker, it seems. And when it does is the day I officially yell, 'Fuck you Capcom!' and stop playing the games entirely. It is The Straw.

As for not killing Chris...I haven't even played RE6 yet and could see several ways to kill him. How about saving the mother fucking planet from hideous viral infection? Some idiot launches a missile loaded with C-virus at New York or something, he catches a ride on it and does the Captain America routine. Maybe show Jill at home suddenly dropping a glass with a gasp and staring out the window for maximum clicheness? Or saving Sherry and Jake, 'cos they're young and pretty. Or...pretty much anything. This, and Wesker's now inevitable return, just goes to show if you can make it through more than one game as a playable character in Resident Evil, you are forever Golden (Sherry is now, therefore, completely immune to harm, as she was played in both RE2 and RE6, and has been granted the Plot Armour trait).

I'm also glad at the lack of Ada clones. 'Cos having every Ada be a different Ada kinda negates all the trouble they went to showing how she didn't in Raccoon City. Plus, after Alice, fuck all clones with a chainsaw. Capcom don't have any writers good enough to do a sensible story with clones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              I am honest to God terrified that they even considered bringing Wesker back. It would be the worst move they could possibly make, and one I've been both seeing coming and dreading since RE5. If anything, the news that they were considering it just goes to show it will happen eventually. Capcom cannot keep it in there pants for Wesker, it seems. And when it does is the day I officially yell, 'Fuck you Capcom!' and stop playing the games entirely. It is The Straw.

As for not killing Chris...I haven't even played RE6 yet and could see several ways to kill him. How about saving the mother fucking planet from hideous viral infection? Some idiot launches a missile loaded with C-virus at New York or something, he catches a ride on it and does the Captain America routine. Maybe show Jill at home suddenly dropping a glass with a gasp and staring out the window for maximum clicheness? Or saving Sherry and Jake, 'cos they're young and pretty. Or...pretty much anything. This, and Wesker's now inevitable return, just goes to show if you can make it through more than one game as a playable character in Resident Evil, you are forever Golden (Sherry is now, therefore, completely immune to harm, as she was played in both RE2 and RE6, and has been granted the Plot Armour trait).

I'm also glad at the lack of Ada clones. 'Cos having every Ada be a different Ada kinda negates all the trouble they went to showing how she didn't in Raccoon City. Plus, after Alice, fuck all clones with a chainsaw. Capcom don't have any writers good enough to do a sensible story with clones.
                              I don't think Wesker returning was really seriously considered. It came up just like the clone crap, but likewise went nowhere. It's really no different from ideas you'd see people post here or elsewhere. Like SOMEONE GOT WESKER'S GENETIC MATERIAL SOMEHOW AND MADE WESKER ARMY!!!!! There are still people who clamor to have Wesker back just because they didn't like how he died, even though his death was over-the-top just to ram home the point that he's fucking dead. They mean nothing.

I know the notion of it is laughably bad, but it's not suddenly inevitable for the series just because some of the developers tossed the idea around in their heads. If you write anything it's almost a guarantee that you're going to end up with a multitude of stupid ideas that were dropped because they are fundamentally dull or there's no real way to execute them effectively.
                              Last edited by News Bot; 10-18-2012, 09:56 AM.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I find it quite the opposite. He loses his team, becomes a drunk and washout, then with help from Piers picks himself up, loses more men including poster boy Piers who seemed the new hope, yet Chris has learned that you cannot give up no matter what and ends with him fighting the good fight still. There is a good message in this, to never give up no matter how bad things get.

I really don't think anyone is going into a Resident Evil game with the hopes of the series showcasing "good" messages and morals. Chris dying wouldn't have been a "crappy message" so much as it would've been tragically ironic. Of course, this is coming from someone who has a really solid stance on wanting main characters to die. The series almost needs it. I still think Jill should've really been dead, and I hold an even stronger belief that, because of the way RE6 was written, the opportunity to kill off Chris was truly wasted.

Comment

Working...
                                X