No announcement yet.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 SPOILER THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't multi-post. I've condensed your last three into one.
    If you'd like to update a post, please use the edit function. To quote more than one person just use copy and paste.
    sigpic

Comment

• Chris story is my favorite, pretty emotional

also, can anyone remind me what ever happened to China after the ending? Did they just bomb up the whole place or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
        If Capcom were to do that, then the COD fans would be upset that the story is getting in the way of their action -_-.

We arent the audience the series is aimed at anymore, which is still incredibly insulting after spending over 10 years supporting the series financially among other things, so our opinions don't really matter unless theres a huge uproar.
        Ermm...you do realize that RE4 came over 7 years ago right? And that those 7 years are more than enough to develop a new fanbase that "supports the series financially"

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
          If you grew up with the series you would know by now that the story is mostly told by the files......
          Files that you find organically through gameplay. Not through searching around for little blue emblems as crazy monsters shoot you with machine guns.
          That is so Money.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfactor View Post
            Chris story is my favorite, pretty emotional

also, can anyone remind me what ever happened to China after the ending? Did they just bomb up the whole place or what?
            Well they already started bombing buildings in chapter 2 of chris campaign so they probably got around to all infected areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
              Ermm...you do realize that RE4 came over 7 years ago right? And that those 7 years are more than enough to develop a new fanbase that "supports the series financially"
              You dont say?

Comment

• Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                Chris story is my favorite, pretty emotional

I thought Chris's campaign was the strongest, as well.

I'm assuming that the remaining BSAA agents destroyed the city. It's hard to imagine them trying to eliminate the millions of BOWs on foot. Who knows, though. Maybe future DLC will allow us to play the mop-up operation...
                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Anyone else wonder why the BSAA is so bad at keeping their soldiers alive? In all seriousness by now you'd think there would be some anti-B.O.W weapons/body armor developed and available to their men to help them survive.

Its been almost 15 years since Racoon city, with all the B.O.W outbreaks in the world you'd think that they'd at least have special ammo, body armor, training or something other than sending these guys out in combat with just guns.
                  Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-22-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• How? Unless you put them in giant mech suits, you can't equip them for anything. Fighting T-Virus monsters would be a lot different to fighting Uroboros monsters. Heavier Armour might be useful against zombies and hunters, but anything you can wear on your body would be shredded by a Tyrant or a Ganado with a gattling gun.

I think they do get special training, but most of the time we're seeing a first run in situation. RE5 was, as far as I can tll, the first time the BSAA had seen Las Plagas. Lots of dead BSAA. RE6 was the first time the C-Virus was used. Lots of dead BSAA. If it was the twentieth time, maybe things would be different. Of course, part of the problem is half the enemies are just humans with the odd tentacle waving out there ass now, so normal gear is probably the best option.

Comment

• BSAA seem pretty capable. In RE5 was Uroboros and Ndesu that killed them, in RE6 Carla caused all the major deaths in Edonia, the Snake got a few and lets be fair, how do you train for a giant invisible snake? Last ones died to the missile, either the gas straight up killed em or the sudden tens of thousands zombies out of nowhere.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• It's difficult to get combat experience against B.O.W.s for the BSAA, since it's not as if they can just grab a few B.O.W.s in a controlled environment. In the case of Sheva for example, she had to get her experience against them in the field. Even if they could hold controlled combat training scenarios, like the U.B.C.S. (which despite being experienced soldiers with first-hand anti-B.O.W. training, have a very high mortality rate), the volatile nature of outbreaks or the release of B.O.W.s leads to unforeseen circumstances, and if some organization hasn't developed new creatures, an outbreak likely will on its own.

The BSAA do have guidelines for countermeasures against certain B.O.W.s, though, however these aren't exactly perfect. Zombies created with the C-Virus no longer have the "shoot them in the head" weakness, and all of the B.O.W.s in BH5 and BH6 were completely new to the BSAA. Their experience with the Kipepeo in BH5 helped them with the flying J'avo in BH6, but the Kipepeo weren't flying around with guns shooting from above.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                          I thought Chris's campaign was the strongest, as well.

I'm assuming that the remaining BSAA agents destroyed the city. It's hard to imagine them trying to eliminate the millions of BOWs on foot. Who knows, though. Maybe future DLC will allow us to play the mop-up operation...
                          Maybe a DLC letting you play as Josh Stone and Sheva as part of the team who went in?
                          Last edited by xfactor; 10-22-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• I think the game finally address a few concerns over the BSAA. Remember they'd heard of the 'doomsday' project, and Uroborus, and all they send is a handful of people with pistols, and a couple of jeeps.

In Resident Evil 6, finally we are seeing BSAA packing explosives, breach charges, assault rifles, jeeps now mounted with .50 cals. And there's a hell of a lot of them. But once again, as people have pointed out, they were totally not prepared for the events in China, and they would have survived Edonia had it not been for Carla at the last minute.
                            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Well its fantasy after all, so why nick-pick. Its not like China was portrayed realistically.

If the stuff that was seen in the game actually went down in China, I doubt the protagonists would've been Westerners. Or that they would've gone far with their exploits.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                                If the stuff that was seen in the game actually went down in China, I doubt the protagonists would've been Westerners. Or that they would've gone far with their exploits.
                                The North America branch was called in to support the Far East branch due to the sheer scale of the bioterrorism in China. That makes sense, if anything.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X