My Updated RPD 1st floor and basement maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
    Well, if you make the "new" stairwell run through all three upper floors, like a real building, then you can solve most of the problems with the various pieces of 2F we know about - including those two hallway stills
    It is highly unlikely that Capcom would design a Resident Evil game in that era with a stairwell reaching five floors. In the retail RPD, not a single staircase or stairwell connected more than two floors, let alone three. Also, having a single stairwell connect all five floors would make backtracking too easy, given that this is survival horror and entails a lot of purposely arduous backtracking. Having separate stairwells also allows Elza and Leon to access different sections of the RPD at different times. Also consider that the legitimate RPD 1F map shows two stairwells with identical dimensions; why have a second stairwell when one reaches all floors? Also, the western stairwell is purposefully adjacent to the elevator, which we know from legitimate images reaches the upper floors. Also, the Halloween screenshot from the eastern stairwell shows Leon standing on 1F, with stairs leading only down and not up.

All known images of RPD 2F are compatible with my map, and I can show you where each one would be. After tomorrow I'll have more time to work on an interactive map featuring these screenshots

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
    the Media Room HAS to share one wall with one side of the building (that big picture window to the left in the stills).
    You're thinking of the Conference Room on 3F, which has huge windows facing the front of the RPD. There are no images of the 2F Media Room.

---

Unfortunately, your link is invalid :/ if you could get it up and running again I would be delighted to give feedback.

EDIT: And I would like to thank you for taking the time to give me feedback, I always appreciate it ... It's been a ghost town here with that "other" thread taking the spotlight
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 11-06-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

If you go by Enigmatism's map, the west wing of the first floor, as well as the upper floors, are all only supposed to be accessed by RPD employees and select individuals (like the media). The meeting room on the top floor connects directly to the helipad, as it is probably doubles as a direct access for VIPs (like city officials). Guests and non-personnel would only have access to B1 for the garage, and the remaining portion of the first floor (the east hallway waiting area and the lobby reception).
      Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-06-2012, 07:15 AM.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

Damnit ... I'll see about fixing that link tomorrow. (yawn)

Maybe I'm trying to liken this too much to the real world.
        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Even if the 1.5 RPD seems to be based more on a real police station, you have to remember it's in an RE game, so it's still bound to have a somewhat whacky layout. The lack of an elevator to the morgue area and how you can't possibly fit a stretcher through that sharp corner in the hallway leading to it, comes to mind.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            The meeting room on the top floor connects directly to the helipad, as it is probably doubles as a direct access for VIPs (like city officials).
            That's a good point too, I just went by the Inflames image (in which John explicitly warns Elza not to go on the roof since it's dangerous).

Comment

I am glad my electricity is back on after 4 days and my internet service is back after Hurricane Sandy! And I just saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=KgZehULvZfs#! So, I guess I was right about a B2 map, but looks like it isn't how I thought. So I think we really don't know exactly how this map looks until this game is finished by the development team or more footage is released. I am guessing since I saw Martin or someone familiar to this communtiy working on this, that someone on this forum purchased the game? It isn't clear who is working on it. I may be just confused from the Hurricane.
              Well, it looks like it may be a while until is is finished.
              Last edited by Black~Crow; 11-06-2012, 01:54 PM.
              I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Hurricane Sandy chased me out of my downtown apartment so I'd been living at school for the past week XD I know that feel, man.

Anyway, this new Halloween video and the extra pair of screenshots should give you plenty to chew on. I know it did for me! I think our maps will begin to look progressively similar.

Comment

And that was me putting the footage in proper sequence, BC. We've been having a dandy time now that we learned about that second stairwell. I was telling Enig that it would solve a problem with your old third floor map - namely, the Chief having a way to go to his office without having to step outside. We're still fussing a bit over how this affects the second floor. I gave it a stab but the link was bad - lemme try again.

The bottom one is my "reimagined" 2nd floor, done for my RE15-based video series, combining both yours and Enig's ideas with the extended back stairwell. The middle one is an attempt to update your old third floor map (accessible areas only), and the top is the helipad as you oriented it in your old map to illustrate the way it stacks over the third floor. I fear I got some of the proportions off - you guys are so much better at this than me. These are hacks of Enig's maps (sorry, buddy). Enig makes the case that the back stairwell doesn't extend because of video game logic; my contention was based on a real-life example (my local courthouse). You insights would be most welcome.

These need work, obviously - but they're a start, I hope.

I went through Hurricane Charley many years ago. I feel for you guys.
                  Last edited by RMandel; 11-07-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

I think your implementation of the eastern stairwell on 2F seems logical, especially since the connecting hallway leads to the air duct. However, a few questions:

- How would the 2F hallway shots featuring the security cameras fit in?
                    - How would you fit in the recently released screenshot of Leon in the stairwell. Would you consider it 2F? It doesn't match your door placement.
                    - What is the extra room next to the Media room?
                    - Why does the elevator not extend to 3F?

btw, I don't mind if you edit my maps... it's not like I have any entitlement to the RE franchise, which is also why I don't sign or watermark them. People are free to edit or pass them around as they wish. They'll know that I made them from word of mouth alone ;-)

Comment

I've made some updates to my map. Here are the changes:

1) Thanks to Darkness, I realized that the air duct in the firing range probably connects to the Kennel. I thus shifted the placement to allow the Kennel to be juxtaposed to the Firing Range.

2) Thanks to the Halloween box of goodies, I made the Eastern Stairwell more accurate. However, the B1 section still doesn't sit quite right with me... neither the leaked nor the Inflames B1 stairwell screenshots show the second staircase (leading down to B2) as being directly adjacent to the 1F-B1 staircase (as my map depicts). This leads me to believe that it is either further set back or directly beneath the above staircase. Doing this, however, would force me to re-orientate my B2 map...

3) Some of the new images of the eastern stairwell strongly suggest that my B2 map is facing the opposite way. I thus rotated it 180 degrees. Aside from falling far more gracefully under the RPD footprint, this re-orientation conveniently allows for two big changes:
                      - The parking access ramps now connect with the rear of the RPD, next to the shutter with infinitely-spawning zombies.
                      - The two Sewer-access manholes are now far closer together.

As usual, any feedback is great, but what would be most helpful to me is helping me decide whether or not to rotate B2 180 degrees and modify the stairwell to be more faithful to the B1 stairwell screenshots.

Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding your questions,

1) They don't. Only one of the two known angles matches up. That's why it needs work.
                        2) I consider the stairwell shot to be 3F, but only because it "appears" to match with Curator's video of the stairwell door on the roof. Then again, who knows how that shot is oriented?
                        3) Filler. Storage/Save Room. Still needs work. My original revised workup of 2F is more simple. I stuck strictly to the rooms indicated on the hallway sign, but it doesn't quite fill the floor - if you know what I mean. That's what I used for my RE15-based series episodes #2-4.
                        4) Oh, but it does - but I use Black Crow's map for 3F instead of yours. Works better for my show. At the time, I limited myself strictly to the stills and videos we had available - and his map worked for what I wanted. Still does ... but as to the real game ....

Speaking of which, I've always suspected that the Parking Garage is right where you find it in RE2 - on the west side of the building. I have no proof whatsoever. It's just a hunch, based on Capcom programmer recycling. Given that what we now know as the B2 main hallway is almost exactly identical to its RE2 counterpart, though - right down to what became RE2's Parking Garage door .... Again, it's just a hunch, nothing more ....

Another "real world" gripe - why doesn't the elevator go all the way down to the Morgue in the basement? It should, so they could wheel bodies down to there from the Medical Room on 2F. If that's not in the real game, then it's a major reality gaffe on Capcom's part.

Comment

Well, I was thinking the Holding Cell area was on the B2 map after seeing the new video, because you need a key card to unlock the door. That would make sense. But, one thing I was thinking is that maybe it is best not to make anymore maps. I mean, if we all know the whole layout of the game, we won't be surprised when this game is released. There would be no mystery. Since the game will be released, there is no point in guessing. I want to be surprised.

On interesting thing I saw people point out is that Claire's picture is on the wall as a missing person. I wonder if you look at it, does it say Claire Redfield? Maybe Claire was developed before Elza? Maybe Capcom was planning to make RE3 with Claire Redfield searching for Chris?
                          Last edited by Black~Crow; 11-07-2012, 05:01 PM.
                          I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                            Well, I was thinking the Holding Cell area was on the B2 map after seeing the new video, because you need a key card to unlock the door. That would make sense. But, one thing I was thinking is that maybe it is best not to make anymore maps. I mean, if we all know the whole layout of the game, we won't be surprised when this game is released. There would be no mystery. Since the game will be released, there is no point in guessing. I want to be surprised.

On interesting thing I saw people point out is that Claire's picture is on the wall as a missing person. I wonder if you look at it, does it say Claire Redfield? Maybe Claire was developed before Elza? Maybe Capcom was planning to make RE3 with Claire Redfield searching for Chris?
                            lol, no. It's a quirky easter egg from the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                              I mean, if we all know the whole layout of the game, we won't be surprised when this game is released. There would be no mystery. Since the game will be released, there is no point in guessing. I want to be surprised.
                              We don't know the whole layout though... we certainly know next to nothing about the Sewer. The intriguing thing about the RPD is that we're closer than ever to figuring it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                                We don't know the whole layout though... we certainly know next to nothing about the Sewer. The intriguing thing about the RPD is that we're closer than ever to figuring it out.
                                Thanks to the mystery team that I now worship daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X