My Updated RPD 1st floor and basement maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    As for the factory save room, I'm inclined to believe it is the messed up office room. There is a camera angle that seems to be for using the computer in the far back. There is also a camera angle focused on the empty space right between the first desk in the row and the set of piled up boxes where an item box can fit perfectly.
    That's a pretty interesting theory. I hadn't considered the size of that alcove before. However, if you look at the final version of that Factory Office, there is no item box to be found... Perhaps the developers originally intended this room to be a save room and then changed their minds when they modified the room's design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2.umbfactory.plant.3office02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	401817

---

@doriantoki

They are different cameras; one of them monitors the door and the other monitors the main stretch of hallway (from what I can see, they didn't do a good job in positioning it though).

Comment

I am more surprised at how many rooms are missing the appropriate layer masks for walls, desks and objects, especially since these images come from the last known build. That must have been pretty low on the priority list for the development team.

Comment

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
        I am more surprised at how many rooms are missing the appropriate layer masks for walls, desks and objects, especially since these images come from the last known build. That must have been pretty low on the priority list for the development team.
        Yeah, but it makes sense when you think about it. Layer masks are purely cosmetic and do not directly inhibit a full play-through. I'm relieved that the development team prioritized the actual structures and backgrounds. In fact, as far as I can tell, the only layer masks that were completed were for the most commonly-showcased areas of the RPD (and perhaps a few other areas popular with journalists). I guess this allows us to narrow down the "missing 20%" of the game.

Of course, I really don't know too much about game design (certainly less than you do), but this explanation makes the most sense to me.
        Last edited by Enigmatism415; 10-18-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

I'm actually talking about this one:

Name:	ROOM3XX103.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	401819

The small alcove in the back will switch to an overhead view, so I'm guessing the PC placed there is supposed to be the save point. There aren't any shots of the side of the room with the bookshelves in the bioflames' collection.
          Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-18-2012, 12:26 AM.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            I'm actually talking about this one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7353[/ATTACH]

The small alcove in the back will switch to an overhead view, so I'm guessing the PC placed there is supposed to be the save point. There aren't any shots of the side of the room with the bookshelves in the bioflames' collection.
            True, sorry I misunderstood. I think it's very possible, good points.

Comment

1.5 didn't have save room music, did it? If they had implemented it, it would make it a lot easier to narrow down. Of course, maybe, kind of like Dino Crisis, 1.5 didn't structure save rooms, as well as storage trucks, so blatantly, but perhaps they were scattered about and there was no "save room" in the RE1/2/3 sense of the word? This might explain why we see Zombies in nearly every room. Chief Irons' office comes to mind as well.
              Last edited by doriantoki; 10-18-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Both RE1 and RE2 have Save Rooms. RE2's aren't as blatant as RE1's, but they're there all the same. By "Save Room" I mean any room that has a Typewriter in it - the traditional way to save your game with RE. They're almost always at least one on any given level or area, and usually where you need it the most.

Traditionally, Capcom does not show the insides of a Save Room in any previews of an up-and-coming RE game unless something important happens in there, like a cutscene. Chris finding Rebecca in RE1 or the Sherry/Ada "bedside" scenes in RE2, for example. We can use this fact in reverse, as it were, and apply it to what is known about RE15. With the exception of the Underground Lab (and I'm not counting the Sewers, as the data is incomplete), there's almost always one room in any given area or level - however you want to think about it - about which we know absolutely nothing. Logic dictates that's a Save Room. What it looked like on the inside, what else might have been in there, any additional items or puzzles (like in RE2) ... well ... we'll have to wait and see, won't we?

We don't know if RE15 had Save Room music for the same reason - incomplete data.
                Last edited by RMandel; 10-18-2012, 03:01 AM.
                Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

I'm not sure about the Chief's Office, but you have to remember that in the earlier builds that room wasn't meant to be a safe room. Chief Irons being there probably wasn't added in until the era where Elza's character model was improved. It's possible that they were going to update the renders to add in a computer save point. Either that or the save point is just outside, probably in the hallway or the stairwell.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                    You have it reversed. The door behind Elza leads to the main 2F Hallway. The door to the Media Room is at the other end of the Media Corridor. Your zombie reasoning actually further validates this theory.
                    I know. Don't mind that. I didn't notice the stupidity of what I had written until I re-read it. I need to put more tobacco in my cigarettes. Nonetheless, thanks for taking the time to explain it again.

Elza enters the 2F Hallway from the Elevator Corridor and turns right heading south. She sees a "dead" police officer leaning against the wall. As she proceeds south, she shoots him before he gets a chance to rise. She then continues down the hallway eastward until she reaches the door to the Media Corridor. After entering, she sees two zombies getting up to attack her. She kills them, runs down the hall, and enters the Media Room at the end of the Media Corridor. She eventually leaves the Media Room and runs back through the Media Corridor, running past the corpses.
                    Just a minor correction. I don't think they become zombies when Elza enters the hallway. I think this scene replaces the one with Leon and Marvin in the 2F Main Hall. It's only after she obtains whatever she is looking for in the Media Room that they transform into zombies. In the screenshot, we can see that Elza is coming back from the Media Room, and both bodies are laying on the ground. That means that they were killed in that segment, otherwise their bodies would have disappeared.

Yes, the Conference Room is where Elza and John fight the Gorillas. It is of my opinion that the Media and Conference rooms are two distinct rooms. The Conference Room features large windows, so it could not be where the Media Room is, as that room is surrounded by other indoor areas.
                    I'm thinking the same too. I've been reflecting about the retail product's RPD locations, and I'm drawing a conclusion.. 1.5's locations were revamped for the retail product. The Conference Room and Media Room are most likely examples of this.

In 1.5, the 1F of the RPD is comprised by the Lobby Precinct, the Southern Office (or Reception), the Western Hallway, the Northern Office (or Desk Office) along with other 2 mysterious rooms, Eastern Hallway. In comparison with retail product, here's what we have: Lobby Precinct, Western Hallway (shutters included), Confiscation Room, Operation Room, Dark Room, Evidence Room, Western Office (instead of being located to the south or north, it's located to west or east of the first floor). Remember retail product Beta 1? The Western Office had two rooms: the Confiscation Room and the Evidence Room (it was eventually changed). Where did they get that idea? BioHazard 1.5. The equivalent to the 1.5's Southern Office is probably the Eastern Office which had two other accesses (to the Basement and 2nd Floor) added to give it a new feeling. Interrogation Room is entirely new. Conference Room was also recycled (you need it to get access to the Clocktower which is the spiritual successor to 1.5's Roof, and you also fight Tyrant there).

Moving on to the 2F and 3F of the RPD in 1.5. Western Hallway (access to the elevator and staircase), Medical Room, Radio Room, Media Room, Chief's Room and Conference Room. Let's look at the Western Wing of the 2F of the retail product: Hallway (Claire's first encounter with Sherry, mirrors Leon's first encounter with Marvin in 1.5), STARs Office (replaced the Radio Room), Hallway II, Library (replaced the Media Room?!). And finally, the Eastern Wing: Chief's Room (pretty explicit), Art Room, Storage Room, Hallway (where the crows break through the window.. which come to think about it, is probably the same thing that is supposed to happen in the Western Hallway of the 3F in 1.5) and Roof (puzzle replaced the Burning Van of 1.5 with helicopter).

The parallels are undeniable. Admittedly, some of these are probably just coincidence, but there's so much stuff that seems to have been recycled that its amazing. And I didn't even bother to address the Basement Area, where at least 6 locations were completely re-used (although they had different purposes).

Another thing. I had a look at the files of the retail product and I came across something interesting:

One of the breakers went down during the battle and the electronic locks are not functioning in certain areas. It has become first priority to restore the power in the power in the power room and secure those locks. (Operation Report File)

Replace electronic locks with shutters and I think I know why we need to get the power online in BH 1.5.

The nature of this room hasn't yet been confirmed; we only know of its existence, location, and shape. Quite a few of us believe it to be a save room because, as was pointed out earlier by RMandel, it was possibly the only save room in the entire Factory chapter (though it is certainly possible that the Warehouse Foyer was meant to be a save room, since it directly precedes the boss fight with Birkin).
                    I'm sure the door texture doesn't match this one:

Name:	bh2.munition2.shotgun.shells.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	401821

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                    1.5 didn't have save room music, did it? If they had implemented it, it would make it a lot easier to narrow down. Of course, maybe, kind of like Dino Crisis, 1.5 didn't structure save rooms, as well as storage trucks, so blatantly, but perhaps they were scattered about and there was no "save room" in the RE1/2/3 sense of the word? This might explain why we see Zombies in nearly every room. Chief Irons' office comes to mind as well.
                    Beta 3 (Famitsu Build): Click image for larger version

Name:	36.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	401822

Beta 4 (PlaystationMuseum Build): Click image for larger version

Name:	35.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	401823

Beta 5 (Final Build): Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2.rpd.2ndfloor.2office05.jpg
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	401824

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                    BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                      the Northern Office (or Desk Office) along with other 2 mysterious rooms
                      Interrogation Room is entirely new.
                      I'm almost positive that those two rooms are Interrogation rooms A and B. The orientations, door placements, and sizes match those of their retail counterparts. I'm pretty sure that Roy is encountered in the southern one.

Name:	Character_Roy.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	401825

I'm sure the door texture doesn't match this one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7355[/ATTACH]
                      Not only do they not match, the door knob is on the wrong side. Then again, the knob on the Kennel door was curiously switched. That room is definitely in the Sewer. I wish that I knew the chronological order of the Inflames-exclusive images...
                      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 10-18-2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

See what I mean with that door texture? That's where I made my mistake the first time, and I was quickly corrected on it back then. Still, it makes my point about seeing things that aren't there because you want to see them.

It's more likely you were supposed to find Roy in the Radio Room. Compare the lower part of those room images showing Roy with c2keo's recreated background of the back of the Radio Room - which is based on one of the stills from the Bioflames/Alzaire collection. Roy fits nicely into the space between the table and the shelving unit full of radios. I didn't notice this myself until I was playing one of Martin Biohazard's early recreations and happend to have a zombie fall down there. I've got a crude photoshop I did for my now-defunct video series I can put on Mediafire for you, or someone here with more talent than I can do a better one.

Remember, Roy's part got cut in later builds, so he might not be in the one being worked on.
                        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

If you look behind Elza, the room is SMALL. To be honest, the firs time I saw those screenshots I thought you encountered him in an elevator. Could that really be the radio room ... ? It just seems so tiny

Comment

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                            Compare the lower part of those room images showing Roy with c2keo's recreated background of the back of the Radio Room - which is based on one of the stills from the Bioflames/Alzaire collection.
                            c2keo's Radio Room is just that... c2keo's. It was born out of pure guesswork and does not reflect any known, legitimate media; I heard this straight from the horse's mouth. I'd be very interested to see this still from the Bioflames collection.

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                            Remember, Roy's part got cut in later builds, so he might not be in the one being worked on.
                            The one being modified precedes the Inflames build by one generation as far as I can tell; the Inflames build is the source of those Roy screenshots. If what you say is true, then Roy was one of the last elements to be removed before 1.5 was scrapped, as the Inflames build represents one of the latest known builds.

Comment

c2keo's Radio Room is just that... c2keo's. It was born out of pure guesswork and does not reflect any known, legitimate media; I heard this straight from the horse's mouth. I'd be very interested to see this still from the Bioflames collection.

The one being modified precedes the Inflames build by one generation as far as I can tell; the Inflames build is the source of those Roy screenshots. If what you say is true, then Roy was one of the last elements to be removed before 1.5 was scrapped, as the Inflames build represents one of the latest known builds.
                              Correct. c2keo's radio room is pure conjecture, it was not based on anything but his own guesswork design. Roy is in the southern interrogation room on the 1F map. He also wasn't removed in a later build or anything. No idea where that idea came from?

Good ol' Roy, it's so sad that you [censored] and tried to [censored] and unfortunately [censored] and John [censored].
                              Last edited by Alzaire; 10-19-2012, 06:43 AM. Reason: Censorship
                              sigpic

Comment

I am guessing Roy is a one off character then? Meaning you only meet him once for one particular scene/reason, only for him to die afterwards?

Comment

Working...
                                X