Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REmake 2 is only possible if the fans 'call' for it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REmake 2 is only possible if the fans 'call' for it.

Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi says Capcom not working on remake of 1998 action game currently, but if fans call for it, project may be considered; PC version announcements coming soon.

I didn't see this possible but this is quite interesting.

Not getting my hopes up though.

EDIT: Gah, it's actually in that REmake2/3 topic. Should have looked there first Oh well. Close or discuss here. Whatever works, mods. Was too excited :#.
    Last edited by Chris' Boob; 09-26-2012, 10:04 PM.
    sigpic

Unfortunately the fans that would like to see RE2 remade are nothing compared to the majority of gamers in the market.

Comment

Oh come on of course the fandom would love to see it. The Chronicles games don't count as remakes.

Comment

I am totally against a RE2 remake.
        CAPCOM: "Survival Horror is way too small for Resident Evil"

If there is a remake, it will not be faithful to RE2.

Comment

Don't get excited about Capcom's empty promises. Capcom said they want 1,000,000 signatures before considering a new Darkstalkers game, they troll fans constantly about it at events and to this day still insist it isn't in the works. If you can find that many signatures for remake you might be in for a chance, otherwise this idea is about as dead as Megaman Legends 3 (hell even the fans chipping in on the development wasn't enough).

Comment

Already started a petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/resi...ssic-re-titles

Might be a long shot but hell its worth signing.
            Last edited by BrionIrons; 09-26-2012, 11:22 PM.
            sigpic
            www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

People, haven't you learned your lesson?

I personally like the concept behind ORC (noncanon homage to the classics in shooter style), but that doesn't change the fact that the game was poorly developed/produced. And this definetly was "inspired" by fans desire to revisit RE2/3 (& Outbreak).

RE2 is one of the best titles of the series IMO. If it isn't broken why fix it... Unless it was only a graphical makeover, maybe new VA... but the game itself was INTACT I'd be interested. The other way would be getting Mikami on board as advisor, and stay true to what made RE2 so good.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Which will never happen !

Comment

If it was done accordingly like how REremake was done on the GC with MAYBE, just maybe, pre-rendered backgrounds like the remake was, and nothing changed, then yeah I'm all for it.
                  Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

I doubt Capcom will ever go back to using pre-rendered backgrounds. What would be nice though is if they use fixed camera angles for exploring that will shift to the TPS perspective whenever you're aiming. This is one of the aiming styles they implemented in 3.5's Hookman build, iirc. Also, the classic camera mode in Lost in Nightmares would've been perfect had they done just that.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

the only thing they should not touch is the voice. if they touch kendo voice, marvin voice, its not RE2, definitely. the statement "it looks like your party has been canceled" only works with that voice.

Comment

I signed the petition, but, consider this:

Capcom is becoming to real Umbrella itself. It doesn't care about the die hard end users like us. All they care is products and sales. Many times I have witnessed the new players not even noging old generation games (resident evil 1-3). They say resident evil 4 and 5 are good. and so on.

Its like that damn damnation movie. I thoguht it was cool.... at first, licker and stuff. Awsome, then... some parasite again? Really? Capcom has fallen in eyes of old generation fanbase. Face it. And I understand them. Why would you spend money on something where ROI is small. As an investor myself, i see thee logic behind this.
                        So I hardly doubt anything comes out from this. Resident Evil 2 is best installment in series in my opninion following Resident Evil 3 and then Resident Evil 1. These are the main success series. I didnt like opreation raccoon city at all. I was stuck long time in warehouse where nemeiss just stands and shoots. some army shooting you and zombies reappearing again and again. And i have some kind of ammo box where i could reload forever. This is idiotism. Resident Evil would be good as long as they follow prerendered style. It is never good in full 3d environment.
                        ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

If a remake does happen and it turns out to be shit I'll just laugh and laugh.

Comment

This is probably just a ploy to get old school players to buy the new game. "I know you don't like it, but if you buy RE6 maybe, maybe, just maybe, we might remake RE2. You have to buy the game first though!" This is the kind of crap Capcom pull.

"If the fans get involved we'll develop MML3!"

*Fans draw up piles of concept material*

"Cancelled! Not enough fan involvement..."
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                              I signed the petition, but, consider this:

Capcom is becoming to real Umbrella itself. It doesn't care about the die hard end users like us. All they care is products and sales. Many times I have witnessed the new players not even noging old generation games (resident evil 1-3). They say resident evil 4 and 5 are good. and so on.

Its like that damn damnation movie. I thoguht it was cool.... at first, licker and stuff. Awsome, then... some parasite again? Really? Capcom has fallen in eyes of old generation fanbase. Face it. And I understand them. Why would you spend money on something where ROI is small. As an investor myself, i see thee logic behind this.
                              So I hardly doubt anything comes out from this. Resident Evil 2 is best installment in series in my opninion following Resident Evil 3 and then Resident Evil 1. These are the main success series. I didnt like opreation raccoon city at all. I was stuck long time in warehouse where nemeiss just stands and shoots. some army shooting you and zombies reappearing again and again. And i have some kind of ammo box where i could reload forever. This is idiotism. Resident Evil would be good as long as they follow prerendered style. It is never good in full 3d environment.
                              you dude is totally right. the fact is that they KNOW what are they doing. they know it is not horror. if they want to make horror, they will get rid of 3D and go for pre rendered. kobayashi said that in remake age. they claim there is some horror just to sell, sell, sell. but in fact its not horror, they made an action game and this was their intention from the begining.

add to that all the people(specially children, teenager plus casual players) who loves RE4,5,ORC. i cant understand why so love for RE5. i join those chapters and each one of them i say, "ew... this stage sux..." specially marshlands, wesker's ship, those ruins and the facility- and this is 90% of it. all that nonsense crap. RE ORC i feel like playing a ps2 game. RE4 i think "woah, this could be the beta one..." only Remake, zero, 2, 3, CV i can play comfortably.

Comment

Working...
                              X