Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REmake 2 is only possible if the fans 'call' for it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If REmake 2 was made, Capcom would charge $5 for Scenario B of the opposite character.

V_v
    sigpic

Comment

I think Capcom want their sales guaranteed before they consider it, if Capcom are assured of millions of sales of a RE2 Remake, even in the classic form they will do it, but the question is are there really enough die hard fans who would want it to happen? enough to make Capcom see it would be worth doing it?

Comment

sales dont matter, companies buy the game in bulk...capcom wouldnt really know individually, do they?

Comment

Uh... haven't we been calling for this since 2002? Why now? Stinks of nonsense.

Comment

Of course sales matter, it's the whole point of making a product and Capcom needs assurance that a RE2 remake would make them a profit.

Capcom would gladly make a RE2 remake with pre rendered backgrounds and tank controls if they know for a fact the sales would be there, and that is why RE6 still has action in it because the fans who want that style of REmake are simply not big enough.

Comment

When cap com first said they were remaking all the titles, I was so excited and happy. They were supposed to be on the gamecube. i bought the Resident Evil 1 (Rebirth) and I really liked that remake. So I was looking forward to Resident Evil 2 remake. Then later, Capcom said they were only ported all the numbered titles and Code Veronica!! I think this was the time when Shinji mikami quit? I know I read that he was heavily involved with Rebirth. So, if RE2, RE3 were remade, I don't think they would be as good without Shinji Mikami.
              I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                I think this was the time when Shinji mikami quit? I know I read that he was heavily involved with Rebirth.
                Shinji Mikami directed both REmake and RE4, it wasn't until 2007 that Mikami then left Capcom. The reason remakes for RE2 and RE3 were scrapped was simply because Capcom put all their efforts and funding into RE4.

With the change that RE4 brought about to the series, I would be gob-smacked if they went ahead and made an RE2make in the true survival horror style. It doesn't have to be pre-rendered backgrounds with fixed camera angles, but lets face it, it was those pre-rendered backgrounds that made Resident Evil so detailed, so atmospheric and so unique.

It's simply a no-win situation, I like being able to aim freely in third(first?)-person, but with real-time environments you just can't have that same level of detail that a pre-rendered background can supply near limitlessly.

If for some miraculous reason they did decide to go back to pre-rendered, I'd hope to see some sort of good/clever aiming system implemented to compensate for a lack of free aiming.

Comment

It would be cool if the modding community merged RE2 and RE3 into one amazing game... They run on the same engine right?

Comment

RE2 Remake will work better with pre rendered. i cant see the common 3d person cam, the CV cam, and even the 3.5 camera working on Raccoon streets, RPD and all that. they should put an effort to make the best visuals ever seen in a videogame using the pre rendered. this will be impossible in this generation.

Comment

I don't even care how bad the remake would be if they bundled BH1.5 as a bonus feature!

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                        I don't even care how bad the remake would be if they bundled BH1.5 as a bonus feature!
                        buh, Capcom, go remake 4 right now!

Comment

People deny it over and over but it was said here, and I agree 100%. Pre-rendered, whether you want to believe or not, make a RESIDENT EVIL TITLE SCARY.

The fact you cannot control the camera and see where **** is freaks the hell out of you. That and the insanely detailed backgrounds.

REmake 2 will only work pre-rendered...although it may work if they do a 3.5 styled camera.
                          Last edited by Chris' Boob; 10-08-2012, 08:05 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                            Uh... haven't we been calling for this since 2002? Why now?
                            Because they've just finished a game thats going to sell well, but lose more of the original fanbase because its fallen under the 'CoD Curse' and is infected with a bad case of "Michael Bay'.

They're just trying to see if anyone still cares so they can print money by remaking the best of the original 3 games in the Survival Horror era of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                              When cap com first said they were remaking all the titles, I was so excited and happy. They were supposed to be on the gamecube. i bought the Resident Evil 1 (Rebirth) and I really liked that remake. So I was looking forward to Resident Evil 2 remake. Then later, Capcom said they were only ported all the numbered titles and Code Veronica!! I think this was the time when Shinji mikami quit? I know I read that he was heavily involved with Rebirth. So, if RE2, RE3 were remade, I don't think they would be as good without Shinji Mikami.
                              No idea where you were reading in 2001 but no one at Capcom ever said they were all being remade. In fact at the original event when announced the Remake in September 2001 they specifically told everyone only the original was being remade and the rest would be ports as remaking all of the other games would take too long and stop them from working on new games, 4 specificlly.
                              Last edited by Rombie; 10-08-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I remember some reviews bashing the RE2 and 3 GC ports for not being remakes...
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X