Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REmake 2 is only possible if the fans 'call' for it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been calling for RE2 remake repeatedly in the past years and never actually happened, so why should it happen now ? so crapcom suddenly realized that RE6 is pure crap and they want to Compensates (i doubt) the fans by remaking a great hit ?
    Last edited by Guest; 10-13-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
      We've been calling re2 remake for many years and never actually happened, so why should it happen now ?
      because there is no room for another crappy spin off. actually, only a blind to not see spin offs are terrible. so, what can they do after RE6?

* port all older games plus upscalle 4 and CV: done
      *raccoon city shooter spin off, another story: done
      *mansion and Raccoon city rail shooter, redone maps with a slightly different story: done

what they gonna do now? obviously, they will not stick with RE7 only.

Comment

The only thing left for them now is to ruin the old RE classics by remaking them into RE4 style to satisfy the miserable COD fanbase who can't handle the complicated tank controls, because its too hard for them since it takes a genius to move objects, solve puzzles and worry about lack of ammunition ! They make me laugh.
        Last edited by Guest; 10-13-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

The only thing left for them now is to ruin the old RE classics by remaking them into RE4 style to satisfy the miserable COD fanbase who can't handle the complicated tank controls, because its too hard for them since it takes a genius to move objects, solve puzzles and worry about lack of ammunition ! They make me laugh.
          Tank controls?
          They were way simplier in the old games.

Comment

dont forget all 3d person shooters are tank controls. but they are lazy to make a decent turning+walk animation, so the character just turn to the side in lightspeed or strafe looking forward, like RE5.

Comment

I actually wish that CAPCOM ported RE Outbreak to the PS3 with a fully functional online mode... but that's not gonna happen
              Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                Tank controls?
                They were way simplier in the old games.
                I find it very simple as well, i don't know where this "tank controller" term came from anyway ? capcom were always complaining about remake&zero lousy sales, what did they expect when they released these two great games exclusively on the game cube which was very unpopular console at that time unlike the ps2 with its cheap modded games with cheap accessories, if i remember correctly no one i know were interested in buying the game cube because of its expensive games, crappy 4mb memory cards that can become corrupt at any time, lack of N64 backward compatibility and the majority of its games were filled with mario/zelda crap !
                Last edited by Guest; 10-13-2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I find it very simple as well, i don't know where this "tank controller" term came from anyway ? capcom were always complaining about remake&zero lousy sales, what did they expect when they released these two great games exclusively on the game cube which was very unpopular console at that time unlike the ps2 with its cheap modded games with cheap accessories, if i remember correctly no one i know were interested in buying the game cube because of its expensive games, crappy 4mb memory cards that can become corrupt at any time, lack of N64 backward compatibility and the majority of its games were filled with mario/zelda crap !
                  i read once nintendo always helped capcom during nintendo/supernintendo era; then Capcom didnt released many games for Nintendo 64. so, they came back and helped nintendo with Gamecube. the fact Gamecube is very very better than the ps2 hardware helped too.

-and it was a better move.

Comment

If the PS2 was actually capable of running the remake or Zero, they would have just ported it like RE4. But seeing as RE4 got downgraded in some places, it's a long shot. Capcom just choosing not to make extra profits doesn't make any sense, not their style. But then you lost me at lack of N64 backwards compatability, something that wasn't an expected feature in those days. The old "it's just Mario" idea though, haven't heard that in a while, haha.

Capcom were actually very friendly with Nintendo way back, the likes of Oracle of Ages for example. Historically of course they were the major format outside the arcades with the older Megaman titles etc.

The term "tank controls" is a pretty acceptable turn of phrase though, seeing as in something like RE2 you have to stop and rotate the character or move in a big circle to turn a 180. It simply moves more like a vehicle than a person when you examine it.
                    Last edited by Code_R; 10-13-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                      The term "tank controls" is a pretty acceptable turn of phrase though, seeing as in something like RE2 you have to stop and rotate the character or move in a big circle to turn a 180. It simply moves more like a vehicle than a person when you examine it.
                      I still think it's bullshit. I mean, better tank controls rather than impossible controls.

In RE1, you only needed R1, X, Square and Start. 4 buttons.
                      In RE6, you need all the 11 buttons of the controller.

I mean, who's the brilliant genius who decided to make this?
                      X = Open the door
                      O = Open the door with your partner

Comment

I would just like it to be known... Dunno if it was in all versions, but at least in the N64 version of RE2, they had a "third person" control scheme as opposed to a tank control scheme. (i.e. Leon/Claire move relative to where you tilt the analog stick, not relative to which way they're facing). So at the very least, the RE6-style of movement has been experimented with since RE2. Fun fact of the day!

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                          I would just like it to be known... Dunno if it was in all versions, but at least in the N64 version of RE2, they had a "third person" control scheme as opposed to a tank control scheme. (i.e. Leon/Claire move relative to where you tilt the analog stick, not relative to which way they're facing). So at the very least, the RE6-style of movement has been experimented with since RE2. Fun fact of the day!
                          dude, could you post a video of this, if it is noticeable?

Comment

Didn't one of the older battle modes have something like that? Been a while.

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                            I still think it's bullshit. I mean, better tank controls rather than impossible controls.

In RE1, you only needed R1, X, Square and Start. 4 buttons.
                            In RE6, you need all the 11 buttons of the controller.

I mean, who's the brilliant genius who decided to make this?
                            X = Open the door
                            O = Open the door with your partner
                            The same genius who proposed putting co-op in everything and putting war game style sequences into the series I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                              dude, could you post a video of this, if it is noticeable?
                              Can't promise anything since I can't edit videos for shit, but I can't be letting my HD PVR go to waste now can I! If I get some time today, I can dig out my N64 and hook it up, sure. The difference is pretty noticeable though; instead of holding right to turn all the way around then forward to run... downward toward the screen, for example, you just hold the analog stick down and boom, good to go. (Like I said, same as in RE6).

Edit: Code_R, not sure. I never really played older battle modes... I suck terribly at them to be perfectly honest.
                              Last edited by Canas Renvall; 10-14-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

so... push to side, turn and go to side forever? no need push to side and forward button?

Comment

Working...
                                X