Resident Evil RPG REBIRTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
    Regarding RPG Maker, the latest is VX Ace. I'm actually using it myself to develop a commercial game. Go figure. What a lot of people don't make use of is the fact that since XP (XP, VX, now VX Ace), the developer has allowed the community access to the "guts" of each engine. If you know how to program in Ruby, you could theoretically work the ENTIRE engine from the ground up to work the way you want. I've picked up Ruby recently, but am both a beginner to Ruby and programming, so it will be awhile before I'm any good at it. But you have to start somewhere. Anyway, my original point being that the engine is extremely flexible, but it will only give back what you put it!

Anyway, best of luck with the project guys =)
    Oh wow. I had no idea they were still making RPG Maker software anymore. xD How much does VX Ace run price-wise?
    sigpic

Comment

It's about $60. There's quite a large community, even for RMXP still. My biggest criticism towards the engine, personally, is that the combat is woefully simplistic. It's just not all that exciting. I've picked up Games Factory 2 lately, and while it would be a HELL of a lot of work to make an RPG with this thing, the flexibility is amazing. Things might change once I get into Ruby programming, however. A friend of mine has combined RMVXAce and Unity 3D to create a sort of freak super-powered engine. It's still a work in progress, though, but it looks amazingly promising.
      Last edited by doriantoki; 01-22-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

The problem I found with RPG Maker (from PC version to PS1 etc) is the battle system, its crap even for an RPG, turning it into an survival horror or gaiden like system sounds like even more of a nightmare.. but I suppose if you had the patience and could code a materia-like system it could be interesting.

Comment

If desired, it is possible to completely change the battle system RPG MAKER (any), leaving the battle equal to Chrono Triger or Legend Of Zelda!

Comment

This is freaking AWESOME!

Comment

I just finished the demo and I must say I loved it the whole way through. I'm curious as to how the leveling system will work and how you will get more HP for your characters.

Comment

Full Version complete. You can download it on the official website:

INTERNET COM IDENTIDADE. No sentir, pensar, agir!

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                  Full Version complete. You can download it on the official website:

http://www.residentevilrpg.rg.com.br/
                  Is the game in English or your native language?

Comment

I have a problem the game crashes when I try to save

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                      Is the game in English or your native language?
                      Multilingual. You can choose the language in the game.

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      I have a problem the game crashes when I try to save
                      I've tested the game here and the save feature is working fine.
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                        Multilingual. You can choose the language in the game.

I've tested the game here and the save feature is working fine.
                        All I had to do was reinstall the game and it worked! I just beat the Black Tiger boss and I have to say this game is incredible! I've been playing nonstop since I first turned it on. Game also has a very good challenge even on just the survivor difficult and I like how much you changed up the mansion structure in some areas and the new puzzles. Its sweet to play a new game that actually feels like a survival horror cheers guys!

Comment

Hey guys! I know I disappeared for a while, the reason is that I was working hard to make a game of high quality, and guess what?...I've finished it! ^^ I've already edited the thread with the download link! Play it, enjoy and comment! ^^
                          Last edited by evilbiel; 04-29-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I have played this after downloading it, I played it on easy and still is very difficult, which I like, it has the feel of an old resident evil just because its a Siamese twin I do recommend this to anyone who has been looking for something original

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

I am enjoying this game thoroughly but I cant seem to solve the crow room puzzle, its not as the original with the phases of life the buttons go like this A-F but whats the right order??
                              sigpic

Comment

the response of the correct order is spread in the mansion maps ^ ^

Comment

Working...
                                X