No announcement yet.

REmake & RE0 backgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, "realistic" CGI has more to do with lighting than the resolution of textures and amount of polygons. That video has some amazing ass lighting. REmake and RE0 do as well. I imagine re-rendering all the backgrounds at a higher resolution, utilizing the same lighting effects (maybe better?) and they'd be more or less photorealistic.

Comment

Call me crazy, but what if Capcom designed a real movie set and took pictures of it with a high-resolution camera... Not economically viable I suppose... but it would look mind-blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        Call me crazy, but what if Capcom designed a real movie set and took pictures of it with a high-resolution camera... Not economically viable I suppose... but it would look mind-blowing.
        Good idea... but not really
        There would still be a need for a lot of lightening adjustment and visual effects tweaking just like a lot of movies do during post production. And what if they decided to change/re-design certain locations? Cause that certainly does happen a lot during development.
        So might as well do the whole thing in CGI from the start.

Comment

It is actually less expensive to use CGI today than an elaborate set. And if it's done well, you can get virtually the same results.

Comment

The mansion looks kinda inviting in these...

Minus those filters from the game that gave it that dirty lens look.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

I *love* those renders, seeing the Dining Room at sunset? It's actually beautiful isn't it.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Rerendering the backgrounds at anything else of magnitudes than 4:3 would result in different view angles and thus would need completely new clipping boxes/layers, so basically everything what affects gameplay
                1280x960 would be the hightest even 4:3 resolution you would get on a FullHD , but with black borders that is and I dont think that they would have the balls to pull off something like that- even being known as cheap ;)
                And to be honest, as great as the backgrounds may have looked in SD that high resolution image screams : DATED ! ( For CG, of course)
                Last edited by anaho; 01-18-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anaho View Post
                  Rerendering the backgrounds at anything else of magnitudes than 4:3 would result in different view angles and thus would need completely new clipping boxes/layers
                  New masks/layers would be needed for enemies and NPCs, but not new view angles. The view angle would simply change if the character attempted to walk into the space revealed by the extra side information.

I also think that HD remasters (read: HD re-renders) of RE2 and RE3 would be great in the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post

So pretty! Very inviting, indeed. I absolutely love this...

Comment

I could quite happily sit in there for an evening meal
                      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

if some of u dudez think its lacking some dirty/noisy details, consider this as the mansion before outbreak!

Comment

Not wanting to sound like I'm bitching about it, since these are pretty nice renders. But the light source in these, assuming it's the sun, is coming from South instead of East. And there should be a second floor balcony just outside on top of the windows, making a bit more of shadow. They are superb though, quite welcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                            Not wanting to sound like I'm bitching about it, since these are pretty nice renders. But the light source in these, assuming it's the sun, is coming from South instead of East. And there should be a second floor balcony just outside on top of the windows, making a bit more of shadow. They are superb though, quite welcoming.
                            You're all wrong... It's the light from the nuclear explosion from Raccoon City, mere seconds before it engulfed the mansion.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                              You're all wrong... It's the light from the nuclear explosion from Raccoon City, mere seconds before it engulfed the mansion.
                              Time Paradoxu!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ekamp View Post
                                Time Paradoxu!
                                eheh, I was playing off the obtuse sequence of events in RE1 to begin with. xD
                                Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 01-18-2013, 09:34 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X