No announcement yet.

YOUR score out of 10 for Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again with the Gears of War comparisons... I wonder how many people have actually played Gears of War as a reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
      Again with the Gears of War comparisons... I wonder how many people have actually played Gears of War as a reference.
      Gotta wonder if these guys also use their hands a whole lot out on the field when they play soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
        I have played the Gears of War series since the first one came out and alot of the sections of the game and gameplay reminded me of GOW and felt like GOW
        Last edited by BeefWellington; 11-11-2012, 02:32 AM.
        PSN Gamercards

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
          I have played the Gears of War series since the first one came out and alot of the sections of the game and gameplay reminded me of GOW and felt like GOW
          That's only 'cause you played it like GoW and if that's a problem to you; stop playing it like GoW, 'cause you're "doin' it wrong" ;D

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            7 million was pretty unrealistic to begin with. I wouldn't consider 5-6 million a sting, far from it. But they really need to get over huge sales numbers. It's an industry-wide fetish that is going completely out of control, and doesn't look like it'll stop until the whole thing crashes as a result.
            7 million wasn't that unrealistic if the final game had been a solid piece of work. 7 million with what we got plus the reviews it got in the West was never going to happen.

Comment

What's it at anyway?

I honestly believe the game will still achieve pretty solid numbers, and depending on how Capcom's willing to support it and back it up, it'll probably continue to pull nice numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                That's only 'cause you played it like GoW and if that's a problem to you; stop playing it like GoW, 'cause you're "doin' it wrong" ;D
                So according to you utilizing the games Gears of War like features is wrong? Its certaintly built to play that way. Please enlighten me on how to play the game the correct way
                PSN Gamercards

Comment

Here are my thoughts on the game...

I'm glad they introduced new likable characters. Helena for example is my new favorite but... they ruined Chris in my opinion. They completely changed his character. I didn't like it at all and I am no longer a Chris Redfield fan... very sad! I enjoyed Sherry, was a bit disappointed with Jake, and Piers was better than I expected.

Overall gameplay is fun and replayable with certain campaigns... too many QTE's though.

It's still better than RE5 IMO so I'll give it a 7/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    What's it at anyway?

I honestly believe the game will still achieve pretty solid numbers, and depending on how Capcom's willing to support it and back it up, it'll probably continue to pull nice numbers.
                    I think it's around 3.5 to 4 million currently but I'd need to double check. Off the top of my head, via CVXfreak's NPD data notes over at Biohaze, US sales were close to 900k for it's first month (compared to 1.5 million for RE5 in it's first month), and Japan cracked more than 650,000 in it's launch week there. Taking a guess but I'd expect that probably ended up something like US, at around 900K by later in the month as well.

Comment

The game already sold more than 800K in JPN and I'm pretty sure I saw RE6 at 1 mil on NPD.

The game is currently at 3.17 in Vgchartz.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
                        So according to you utilizing the games Gears of War like features is wrong? Its certaintly built to play that way. Please enlighten me on how to play the game the correct way
                        It's not built to be played like a cover shooter. It has cover, yes, but you don't use it like in GoW where your life pretty much completely depends on it. The idea of cover in RE6 is to hide and maybe reload really quickly before jumping back into the action. It's not about hiding, it's about being on the offensive.

Comment

There's really only a few places in the game where cover is useful. In most combat portions of the game where you fight grunts, it's all about confronting the enemies head-on and mixing firearm and melee attacks to effectively lock them in a chain of attacks until they die (e.g. quickshot > melee > melee kill; flying kick > melee kill; headshot > melee kill; quick shot/headshot > slide into enemy > coup de grace; counter, etc.). A good example of this is in Mercs, as it's pretty much the campaign combat portions on steroids. If you even remotely use the cover mechanics in Mercs, you'll most likely break your combo and you generally won't have much fun in playing it.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

But, hey, look at it this way;
                            People who are playing it as a cover shooter are clearly fearing for their own life in the game! Taste the horror!

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                              The game already sold more than 800K in JPN and I'm pretty sure I saw RE6 at 1 mil on NPD.

The game is currently at 3.17 in Vgchartz.
                              Did some looking around. Sadly the VGChartz numbers are probably fairly close. US sales for October were lower than I remembered reading. Only 806k total.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter sold just over 300,000 units in its first week in the US, significantly below analyst expect…

UK sales were average but the game launched as the 4th best seller of the year, even though it never got the #1 slot. No exactly numbers were released for the month. Last weeks UK charts still had it in 7th on the PS3 but its out of the top 10 on the 360 on the Chart-Track listings. Links of charts week ending the 10th of Nov.

Comment

I'm sure as hell reading there that RE6 got 1 million (600k 360, 400k PS3). I'll try to look it up.

Edit: forget it. Its 800k on USA but since Vgchartz also takes into consideration Mexico and Canada, etc also Walmart!

I think 1 mil its accurate.
                                Last edited by Vito; 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X