Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cliff B interested to work in RE main franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Cliff B interested to work in RE main franchise?

He recently leave epic games
    And posted this in his twitter official account

"Hey, Capcom. Call me. We can fix Resident Evil. Together. :-)"

Lets start bugging him on twitter and show approvation and support
    He did a spetacular work in GOW trilogy, can save re7 from its mediocrity

If this is going to be a shooter and action oriented, so they have to do this like a boss
    With cliff, there are still hope for RE

Apparently, but frankly the dude is everything I'm not liking about the current RE series. I cannot see it going anywhere good. Making Resident Evil as close to Gears of War as possible seems like a terrible plan when so many reviews seem to be already panning the game for being like Michael Bay's wet dream. As a loose rule Leon's campaign seems to have been the most popular, bar the QTE's that no one has ever, ever liked.

Then again, I'm old and want most of those damned kids to find me a lawn so I can tell them to get off it.

Comment

Lolz, what a dick, I wouldn't call him.

Comment

Needs to make something non-Gears of War before he should be taken seriously. I really hope CAPCOM pay zero attention to him.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I do not trusth capcom RE producers anymore to do a resident evil game
          showed in this re6 game they have the worst and awful design decisions

Cliff Bleszinski didn't disappointed me with his design choices for gears, i want epic bosses battle back, a solid gameplay design that wark for every matter, etc
          Last edited by HOTvirus; 10-29-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTvirus View Post
            I do not trusth capcom RE producers anymore to do a resident evil game
            showed in this re6 game they have the worst and awful design decisions

Cliff Bleszinski didn't disappointed me with his design choices for gears, i want epic bosses battle back, a solid gameplay design that wark for every matter, etc
            Revelations was great and BH6 had a fair amount of good segments, though hampered by CAPCOM's obsession with "blockbuster" design.

Gears of War is not Biohazard. What works in one franchise will not always work for another.

Comment

I don't know jack about GoW but is there any hope or possibilities that this guy likes the older games <_<?
              sigpic

Comment

"Resident Evil is too action-y and all over the place, like a Micheal Bay movie, what do we do?"

"Let's call of the Gears of War guy!"

Yeah, no.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  Gears of War is not Biohazard. What works in one franchise will not always work for another.
                  Except considering Capcom wants Resident Evil to play like a Western third person shooter, I see no problem with Capcom hiring CliffyB to help them refine the mechanics. He might also convince them to cut back on, if not do away entirely with, the QTEs.

If you're worried about the story (lol), he probably wouldn't go anywhere near it.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 10-29-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Lol. This is basically "call me and let's take RE even further away from its roots." Not sure what to think of that, although Capcom could have done better work with stage design and the cover system which this sort of help would have been pretty beneficial. To be honest though I think even the average gamer picked at random could fix RE6 let alone someone who actually works in the industry, Capcom just need to actually listen.
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-29-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                      Except considering Capcom wants Resident Evil to play like a Western third person shooter, I see no problem with Capcom hiring CliffyB to help them refine the mechanics. He might also convince them to cut back on, if not do away entirely with, the QTEs.

If you're worried about the story (lol), he probably wouldn't go anywhere near it.
                      Not really. They want it to be more action-orientated. BH6 doesn't play like a Western TPS. The closest comparison would be Vanquish... but that's a Japanese TPS. The only element that is even remotely reminiscent of Western games is the cover mechanic, which is basically useless.

The only time they actually wanted a Western approach was with Operation Raccoon City. I wouldn't mind if Cliff handled one of those, actually. But giving him a main game when all he has under his belt is Unreal and Gears does not fill me with hope.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        Not really. They want it to be more action-orientated. BH6 doesn't play like a Western TPS. The closest comparison would be Vanquish... but that's a Japanese TPS. The only element that is even remotely reminiscent of Western games is the cover mechanic, which is basically useless.
                        Yeah. The game plays nothing like a "western" TPS. It's pretty much Lost Planet 2, but with the speed of Vanquish.

Comment

He wants to FIX Resident Evil?
                          But he's already doing a great fix job away from it.

Comment

Not gonna say he might not sit on a good few ideas.

I love it when designers do genre shifting and stuff, especially after sitting with one type of game for years. Usually, they sit on like a decade worth of ideas they couldn't use for whatever they were previously working on.

But, yeah, I find it interesting that he seems to be "shopping" for a new job already, despite leaving Epic to seemingly "distance" himself from the game industry or something

Also ... I get the feeling that most "big names" speaking up about Resident Evil and "fixing it" seem to've not really played it and just basing the need for fixing on random feedback. It'd be interesting to see some designer play it and THEN voice his opinion on things and how to "fix" something that not necessarely is broken in the same way the layman sees it.

Comment

Nah, I've had a lot of time over the years for Cliffy and Epic, I was a huge Unreal fan when it came on the scene and I enjoy the Gears games a lot.

But no, not for Resident Evil, we need it to move away from 3rd person, cover based, co-op shooter, not hire someone who's most famous work is a 3rd person cover based co-op shooter.

The series needs to try something totally stripped back next time. And I believe it will.
                              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X