Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cliff B interested to work in RE main franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
    "Resident Evil is too action-y and all over the place, like a Micheal Bay movie, what do we do?"

"Let's call of the Gears of War guy!"

Yeah, no.
    Pretty much this

Comment

Haha yeah, typical Capcom logic.

Comment

I think his tweet was an obvious joke. Resident Evil had become very much inspired by Gears of War, so it was like him saying: "hey I know that you know that I know that we all know so... call me."

Comment

I know nothing about this Cliff B, nor have I ever played a Gears of War game before. What good or harm would he do to the series? Most importantly, has he ever made a game with QTEs and boring vehicle segments in them? If he hasn't, Capcom should call him.
          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I've played and love Gears of War, but it's a completely cover-based, hyperdudebrocore shooter with forced campaign co-op (forced four-player co-op in the third installment).

The mechanics are solid, the game is fun and fast and action-packed. But Cliffy B should not touch Resident Evil.

The only other notable series under his belt is Unreal Tournament, a purely competitive multiplayer FPS, and a damn good one at that.

Although, I do have some faith in him. Shadow Complex was a really nice 2D-Metroid syle game and it was a pretty big departure from those other two series. It worked out very well.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Canas. Based on it, I don't want this guy coming anywhere near RE. Cover systems don't belong in this series in any capacity if you ask me, and forced co-op/AI partners in the main campaign is something I've despised sense RE5.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I don't get the Gears comparison, what it is, people who have never played any third person game that isn't Gears so got nothing to compare it to or what?
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Agreed. People who compare RE6 (or even RE5) and Gears of War baffle me completely. Gears of War took inspiration from RE4, that much is true and it shows, but the game itself is nothing like it. Much like how RE5/6 are nothing like Gears. If anything, I would say RE6 is more like a mix between Dead Space and Shadows of the Damned.

And even that is stretching it a little.

Comment

Cliff could be an interesting bet if Capcom is planning to do an ORC sequel or another shooter spinoff.

Get Cliff with Capcom Vancouver (Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record) and we might get a decent TPS RE themed game.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I'd rather have Mikami back.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X