Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some entertainment while we wait for the real RE1.5 ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some entertainment while we wait for the real RE1.5 ....

Somebody in one of the RE1.5 related threads mentioned he wished the videos being leaked by "the team" had more story to them. I've been working on a "Story of RE1.5" project off and on for well over a year now, and I've now some of a revised version of it ready to show you. Here are YouTube links for the first three parts:

Part 1 - Well Come

Part 2 - Rambler

Part 3 - Sightings

Please note that the story I'm telling is not RE15 itself. I'll let the real game do its own talking once it's released. Mine is based on and inspired by RE15. It draws primarily on the efforts of the RE PMODders out there, like Marvin, SeiyakOu, and felixnew - as well as all the data we had on the game up until a few months ago, plus some plot revamping of my own. I use actual RE15 footage and surviving stills only when there's nothing else available. I use my own "game path," have my own plot development, item placement, etc. because my chief concern is telling a good story that fits the footage (and other resources) I currently have or can get.

Think of this as a revamping or reversioning - a shadow play, if you will. It's both a visual storyboard for the PMODders and entertainment for the rest of you. Maybe it'll help take the edge off a bit until the "real" RE1.5 comes out. I know I'm eagerly awaiting it along with the rest of you. Until then ....

P.S. Any help or positive suggestions are welcome.
    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

I love how Elza is gunslinging zombies like Clint Eastwood from TGTBTU.

Comment

Elza is on a rifle team, NRA material? Is this true or a guess?

Comment

Storyteller's excuse for why she's so good with all those guns. It's not canon - just me filling in some of the more glaring holes in the original backstory. -_^

Believe it or not, I live right on the edge of the American Midwest. I'm within a day's driving distance of where Raccoon City is/was supposedly located. Elza being on the Raccoon University rifle team is a perfectly normal thing given the culture in this part of the U.S. Out here, most women know their guns as good as their guys - and there's nothing political about it. It's just part of the culture - a different mindset than, say New York City, which Raccoon City was supposedly modeled after. Her knowledge of and skill with weapons is assumed in the game, but I felt like I had to explain it in my series, and in a way that was both believable and consistent with everything else.

It's the same thing as saying "Leon S. Kennedy - a rookie cop with the RPD." Right away you know he's good with guns. Claire's good with guns in RE2 because her brother Chris taught her. Now you have a believable premise for why Elza is, too.
        Last edited by RMandel; 11-05-2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I like your explanation too, she IS a racer and tomboy. Imma roll with it.

Comment

Part 4 - Roustabout

Comment

John Kendo and Cheif Clemons?

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Exactly. Same father, different mothers. It's an in-joke. Their "father" is Shinji Mikami.

Comment

No, I mean the choice for both last names. Neither of them was ever supposed to be Kendo or Clemons (which is Clemens, by the way).

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Storyteller's liberty. I use elements from the games but not necessarily the way the game does ... and Clemons is the way I prefer to spell it for my series. The name is inspired by the Clemens from the RE1/RE2 backstory, but he's not the same character. He's an invention on my part to get around having to put Chief Irons in both RPD stations simultaneously, which would contradict the franchise. Using the name "Kendo" alludes to the fact that the character of "John" was eventually reworked into Robert Kendo in RE2 - plus it alludes to one of the early RE franchise myths regarding that name ("John" and "Robert" supposedly being brothers; hence they would probably have the same last name).

To look at it another way, it helps the common person who's not a big RE fan make the connection between RE15's "John" and RE2's "Robert Kendo" without having to delve into a lot of RE trivia. Your average video viewer doesn't want to dig that deep, sad to say.

This illustrates one of the problems I'm having in revising RE15's story. I'm trying to rewrite it in such a way that at least Elza's story can be made semi-canon - and possibly the basis for a new, standalone RE game. Wistful thinking, I know, but one can always hope. No hope with Leon's game - in fact, in my RE TV series, I replaced him in my RE15-based episode with REO1&2's Kevin Ryman - "everyone's favorite" Leon clone, to quote one wag. I might do the same here - I haven't decided yet, and I'm having trouble find a Kevin Ryman skin for RE2.

Comment

Next installment ...

Part 5 - Underground

Comment

The game is supposed to be released in the near future, so why make videos of your theories of how the game is? I think the fun part will be when we actually get to play the game, and then you or anyone else can make mods and other things related to RE 1.5. I rather wait for the game and work on other things, oh, I am doing that right know.
                        Last edited by Black~Crow; 11-12-2012, 10:01 AM.
                        I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

People are allowed to speculate. While we are considering doing various things with the 1.5 topics to consolidate them, there's no reason fans cannot speculate on how things are. It's what we've been doing for the last decade plus, after all. If you wish to stop doing so, and making your maps, then feel free...but no need to rain on everyone else's parade.

Comment

Umm, I am not raining on everyones parade, I just think all their energy spend on speculating can be used for other things, like improving there modeling, animation, and game modding skills. Then when the game comes to us, then these people will be better at what they do and can make better mods etc. I find that getting away from something for a while then coming back to it, will make a person refreshed and then they can make better judgements.

And I didn't say I was through with my maps, just that the information is limited.
                            Last edited by Black~Crow; 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM.
                            I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Your maps are exactly what you were just telling they shouldn't bother doing - speculation. So when you start going on (in at least two threads) that people shouldn't bother speculating, I rather assumed that meant you weren't bothering, either. if you are still doing them, shiny - and let people do there own thing as well, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X