Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions for Former BIO Staff Members (BH1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Former BIO Staff Members (BH1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4)

We're currently in contact with many former staff members of the BIO series from between 1996-2003. I can't name any names right now. But yes, does anyone have any questions related to these games? It can include anything such as the plot, sound, design, characters, etc. We're at liberty to ask questions at any time so there is no time limit or restriction.

Beta releases also included, such as the scrapped versions of BH4.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Some questions about 1.5:

1. What was the background of John and Ada/Linda?
    2. Raccoon City's fate was the same of being sterilized or it was still being decided in a possible sequel?
    3. Did the survivors got captured by the government like the retail RE2?
    4. What was William's cause to use the G-Virus and what happened between the police and Umbrella in the fabric?
    5. What happened to the S.T.A.R.S. after the outbreak?
    Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      We're currently in contact with many former staff members of the BIO series from between 1996-2003. I can't name any names right now. But yes, does anyone have any questions related to these games? It can include anything such as the plot, sound, design, characters, etc. We're at liberty to ask questions at any time so there is no time limit or restriction.

Beta releases also included, such as the scrapped versions of BH4.
      i have questions only about 3.5:

1. I'd like to know what was the airship context, if there was a battle there, or who were the characters involved there, and when the airship scene occurs, beginning, ending(my best bet), or middle;

2. id like to knows if krauser's arm design and mechanics or even verdugo design have something reused from 3.5, or, if u judge it right, what in the RE4 design is from 3.5 but we didnt notice;

3. is the girl with a Dog heard from kamyia's interview a villain? what was her relationship with leon and spencer?

4. would Spencer try to kill or stop leon or bring Leon to his side (like saddler)

5. what exactly were the other characters that showed up in 3.5? (mainly claire -she didnt appear in any of GC exclusives)

6. would 3.5 have widely open scenarios?

7. were they sad about discarding those pretty visuals or even changing the engine?

8. Can they describe a totally unheard enemy;

9. After RE4 changes, what did they plan to do with progenitor and spencer plot(based on the importance of those in RE saga)?

10. what was the mass produced tyrants all about? were we supposed to fight Remake and Zero tyrants all the time?

thanks for you patience News Bot. feel free to discard everything you think is useless.
      Last edited by yurieu; 11-19-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Confirmation on the graveyard in RE1 ever actually being planned and any details on the early design of 3 when it was still going to be 1.9/2.1 would be neat.
        Last edited by randomwab; 11-19-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

1.5 Questions from me
          1. Does a script of 1.5 exist? (If it doesn't ask them about places in the 1.5 plot we know nothing about maybe, could use that for the release)
          2. Was the 1.5 raccoon city going to have around a 100,000 population like retail RC?
          3. Who voiced 1.5 Leon S. Kennedy and Elza Walker?

Comment

But yes, does anyone have any questions related to these games?
            Thanks for the opportunity, News Bot.
            Here are my questions:

About RE Dash: Can your source provide more details about this scrapped game?

About RECV: how many betas/big changes happened during production of the game? Obviously, the RE3/RECV switch was a big one, with Nemesis moving from RECV to RE3. I know that the developers wanted also to add a level involving Rodriguo's village but this was scrapped and replaced by the training facility level. I wonder if his village was designed, and what else changed?

About the various RE4 betas. Depending of his various interviews, Kobayashi sometimes said that there was 4 betas, previous to the release of retail RE4, sometimes 5. So what number is it and can we have a clear, define summary of each beta?
            Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

I got simple question regarding 1.5:

Doest the final build just before scrapping project allow player to fully play game from start to finish?
              ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

Obviously, the RE3/RECV switch was a big one, with Nemesis moving from RECV to RE3.
                People took that video out of context, it was referring to the general concept of "horror." Nemesis was created exclusively for BH3.

Comment

how did the zombie/umbrella beta of resident evil 4 play/look like ?

(and why we don' have any leftover from this build in room list of resident 4 trial ? Yeah, i always wondered that)

is there any connection between demento and resident evil 4 ?
                  Last edited by warren; 11-19-2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                    Thanks for the opportunity, News Bot.
                    Here are my questions:

About RE Dash: Can your source provide more details about this scrapped game?

About RECV: how many betas/big changes happened during production of the game? Obviously, the RE3/RECV switch was a big one, with Nemesis moving from RECV to RE3. I know that the developers wanted also to add a level involving Rodriguo's village but this was scrapped and replaced by the training facility level. I wonder if his village was designed, and what else changed?

About the various RE4 betas. Depending of his various interviews, Kobayashi sometimes said that there was 4 betas, previous to the release of retail RE4, sometimes 5. So what number is it and can we have a clear, define summary of each beta?
                    RE:CV was originally called RE3:CV. But it was taking long to be released.
                    Meanwhile, RE3 was about to be released as RE1.9.

So, the producers changed the TITLE of both games.
                    RE3:CV > RE:CV
                    RE1.9 > RE3:NEMESIS

Nothing else changed.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the opportunity News Bot!

Biohazard 2 (Retail, Post 1.5)

1) In the early stages of Biohazard 2 before the time of the Trial Edition there were a lot of small changes made to the game, such as the layout of some rooms in the RPD, cutscenes with characters such as Marvin, or the path taken by Sherry Birkin through ventilation shafts, and so on. What was the reason for making some of these changes? At this point there seemed to be nothing wrong with this design, a lot of these changes appeared to be minor and mostly aesthetic, but they still got changed anyway. Did Capcom feel anything was particularly wrong with this early design and what were the motivations behind changing it?

2) Can you tell us anything about the process of creating the Biohazard 2 Trial Edition and what went into it? How did you decide how big it was and what content to include for the player? Did you have any other plans for the Trial Edition that never made the cut?

Comment

People took that video out of context, it was referring to the general concept of "horror." Nemesis was created exclusively for BH3.
                        Not sure what video you are talking about.
                        The one I base my comment about, is for the presentation of RECV at the October 1998 Tokyo Game Show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghNgO1Ye5tE
                        When no picture of Nemesis was provided, the text refers to someone "immortal", that "stalks his preys". That's a pretty good definition of Nemesis for me. The fact that the demo ends with something coming from the sky (or at least, a lot taller than Claire) and scarring Claire fits again Nemesis' behavior perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                          RE:CV was originally called RE3:CV. But it was taking long to be released.
                          Meanwhile, RE3 was about to be released as RE1.9.

So, the producers changed the TITLE of both games.
                          RE3:CV > RE:CV
                          RE1.9 > RE3:NEMESIS

Nothing else changed.
                          Not exactly what happened. According to Shinji Mikami himself, he wanted to make an add-on out of RE3 and call it "RE1.9". He spend 3 days trying to convince his supervisor/boss to use this name but this one disagreed and though that nobody will buy a game called "1.9". Instead, he insisted that the game was released with the number "3".

My understanding about the whole RE3/RECV change of title is that Capcom had a deal of exclusivity with Sony, to release 3 main RE on the Playstation console. So they couldn't release "RE3" on the Dreamcast, even if they developed the game for this console. To fulfill their contract, they made an add-on for the PSX and called it RE3, and released the real RE3 under the name "RECV".

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                            Not sure what video you are talking about.
                            The one I base my comment about, is for the presentation of RECV at the October 1998 Tokyo Game Show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghNgO1Ye5tE
                            When no picture of Nemesis was provided, the text refers to someone "immortal", that "stalks his preys". That's a pretty good definition of Nemesis for me. The fact that the demo ends with something coming from the sky (or at least, a lot taller than Claire) and scarring Claire fits again Nemesis' behavior perfectly.
                            That's the video I mentioned. It's nothing but coincidence. Nemesis was never planned for CV.

Comment

1.) Was this another claw attack scene by Birkmin and possibly the original location where Ada gets hurt?

2.) Whos that girl ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X