X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is people wait for when 1.5?

how you say?

discuss!

Resident Evil 1.5 marks the last classic game of the franchise before RE became this action-orientated boring game. The first Resident Evil game I played was RE2, the existence of a nearly finished Resident Evil 2 game which looks both familiar and different just caught my attention long time ago. What makes 1.5 so special to me, is the look and feeling of enjoying a classic Resident Evil game.
    Most anticipated game of 2013? Team IGAS Resident Evil 1.5!

Comment

Originally posted by DangerousDave87 View Post
      Resident Evil 1.5 marks the last classic game of the franchise before RE became this action-orientated boring game. The first Resident Evil game I played was RE2, the existence of a nearly finished Resident Evil 2 game which looks both familiar and different just caught my attention long time ago. What makes 1.5 so special to me, is the look and feeling of enjoying a classic Resident Evil game.
      This is how most should look at it, rather than running with the delusion "BETTER THAN THE OTHERZ WHY IT NO GET MADE!!!!"
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
        For what it's worth though, I will comment very briefly of what I see about this game and this is all I will say about. Butthurting, be damned.

There is actually so much wrong with this game. Resident Evil 1.5 feels more like a mutation of Resident Evil 1, than the evolution that Resident Evil 2 was.
        I mean it. Don't get me wrong though, playing the proto would be awesome for quenching someone's curiosity; but as a game, it sucks ballz with a z.
        If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

The first generation of RE games don't have much variation in gameplay, despite small engine tweaks the games play very similarly to each other, all with tank style controls, directional aiming, item collecting and puzzle solving. Gameplay is not an issue for me where 1.5 is concerned, these factors are superficial and are pretty much universal across all first generation RE games.

The reason 1.5 is so special to me is because of its style and art direction. One of the things I love most in life are lights and vibrant colours, and 1.5 is not short on that by any means. The game is filled with beautiful blue and red tones, from the moon light shining on the cold dark walls to the red emergency lights shining through the windows. Despite how 1.5 might play or how it's script might have been written, there is no denying that it is a beautiful game with tons of personality. To me it is as much as work of art as it is a video game, so much so that I care more about how it looks on the screen than how it plays in my hands

With a bit of work it could play as good as any RE game, and with a bit of effort it could be written just as well as the best of RE games, what is important is what was lost and that's this vibrant world that the characters live in. That's what I appreciate the most, that's what I look forward to the most, part of what makes it a good game to me is what I see visually and how it immerses me in the experience, that's what 1.5 is about for me.

Comment

I actually don't care much about the quality of the game or anything like that. I just remember when I was still a kid (I was what, 12-13 years old), and saw the first pictures in magazines. I was super hyped up, and absolutely loved the modern settings of the game, with its fat zombie cops and blue environments. It didn't feel like it was just a sequel, it was an evolution of what the first game proposed, a different experience.

When I finally played RE2, I really liked it, but even though it was filled with new interesting gameplay mechanics, it felt like "more of the same" because of that ridiculous museum police station. It made the whole experience feeling "unrealistic", its settings were just plain wrong. So after beating the game a few times I started to feel more interested about BH1.5, and was really excited about the 4 videos in BHDCDS.

When I get to play this game I will feel like I can finally play the "real" RE2, the game I was really expecting to play in 1998. It's mostly a strong nostalgic feeling. I just hope I get to play it before I get too old to care about it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DangerousDave87 View Post
              What makes 1.5 so special to me, is the look and feeling of enjoying a classic Resident Evil game.
              Pretty much.
              sigpic

Comment

^Fore sure, I deffinately look forward to seeing the original vision with my own eyes.

This short article expresses my appreciation for an unfinished piece of work. Many works of art throughout the ages were left unfinished but many are still considered masterpieces. It's not the fine details which were left out that matter, but the message that the work of art conveys and how it make its viewer feel inside. 1.5 is far from perfect, but it does more than provide a gameplay experience for us to play and a story for us to follow, it speaks words in pictures, words which were unfortunately lost in the redesign.
                Last edited by Guest; 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

It's like a juicy piece of forbidden fruit that has taunted us for years.
                  You want it, people constantly torment you, make you want it more. Even after all the lies, all the sacrifice and searching, you only grow more hungry for 1.5.
                  Not because I'm "entitled" or greedy.
                  But because I miss what capcom was, what resident evil was. I also want to find out why it wasn't worth it as RE2. Every single thing we know makes me wonder why it wasn't good enough. It looks better to me. Do I think I know better than Kamiya? No. Do I think he's exaggerating the fuck out of it? Yes.
                  It's the missing jewel of the crown of resident evil. We won't get another classic suvival horror, with all the things we loved in the late 90s again, unless the heroes in the team finish it, and do indeed release it, to break the neverending cycle of horror and mindfuckery that has become the search for 1.5. If the cycle can be broken, the best will come out of the RE community, and not the worst anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                    It's like a juicy piece of forbidden fruit that has taunted us for years.
                    You want it, people constantly torment you, make you want it more. Even after all the lies, all the sacrifice and searching, you only grow more hungry for 1.5.
                    Not because I'm "entitled" or greedy.
                    But because I miss what capcom was, what resident evil was. I also want to find out why it wasn't worth it as RE2. Every single thing we know makes me wonder why it wasn't good enough. It looks better to me. Do I think I know better than Kamiya? No. Do I think he's exaggerating the fuck out of it? Yes.
                    It's the missing jewel of the crown of resident evil. We won't get another classic suvival horror, with all the things we loved in the late 90s again, unless the heroes in the team finish it, and do indeed release it, to break the neverending cycle of horror and mindfuckery that has become the search for 1.5. If the cycle can be broken, the best will come out of the RE community, and not the worst anymore.
                    And you are quite wrong. Kamiya isn't the only person to hold the view that it sucked. In fact, he presented his points on it more clearly in a 1998 interview.

It was entirely scrapped due to the fact it didn’t live up to expectations and we couldn’t say with confidence “This is BIO 2”. We didn’t want to release it as ‘BIO 2’ though it may have succeeded as a game if not given the name ‘BIO’.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Getting 1.5 into my table would be similar emotional feeling like an art collecor obtains original Mona Lisa painting.

But, B.Zork, what do you mean at all with : "what is people wait for when 1.5?"

I am not native english speaker and thus I can't autocorrect it in my head. What we do while we wait 1.5, or what we will do if we get it?
                      ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

He probably wants to know what you expect from that game.

Comment

The reason RE1.5 is so special is because it was almost finished and would have been Resident Evil 2. But what we got was the current version instead. Most of the main characters are the same except for Elza. The main characters are different in appearance too but have similar clothes. Most of the enemies seem to be different, even though both games have zombies, they look and behave differently. Most areas except the lab are very different. This is actually a game you could play to the end minus some textures and whatever else was missing from the 80% build. I would like to play just to see what is similar and different in both the Retail and Beta game.
                          Last edited by Black~Crow; 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM.
                          I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

He's asking what you think 1.5 is and why you're waiting for, why you want it. I think?

Comment

When 1.5 goes out, all the fog of mystery built by those who dont want this to come public will disappear and their no-reason effort will mean nothing.

when 1.5 goes out, this would show Capcom that the fanbase CAN get what it deserves, despite they locking the amazing beta forever and making the public swallow their new nonsense games.

for me, hm, when 1.5 goes out, ill have the same feeling when i was 8, playing RE2 for the 1st time. as a hardcore fan of old RE, this has no value!

Comment

Working...
                              X