Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to play Resident Evil 1 for windows 95, on Windows 7 - 64 bits ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to play Resident Evil 1 for windows 95, on Windows 7 - 64 bits ?

Done
    Last edited by mister 888; 06-23-2014, 09:34 PM.

How exactly would creating an iso help? I don't really understand the question...

As for the initial question, yes, it works if you use the windows 95 compatibility mode.

Comment

Wait, is that picture real? Is it really a picture of the Jill actress on vacation?
      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Ecoute normalement ça devrait marcher, en faisant une recherche google je tombe sur le même genre de questions avec des gens qui répondent que le jeu marche très bien sur leur windows 7 64 en mode compatibilité win95. J'ai le jeu planqué dans des cartons de déménagement, donc je ne peux pas vraiment le confirmer personnellement. Mais ça devrait marcher.

Comment

Someone should send that image to Una and ask if it's her, but NOT mention it's from RE. We might be able to catch her in her web of lies and denial.

Comment

Je suis tombé sur ça sur gamefaqs:

With Compatibility Mode set to Windows 95, it works for me. Win7 Ultimate x64 / 16 GB / i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz / GTX580.
            The installer on the red screen had an error I had to alt tab to close, but then the install continued. (Setup.exe) I then had to set the actual game executable (on the disc) (RESIDENTEVIL.EXE) to compat mode as well..the game ran fine from there.
            Je vais essayer de le downloader jeudi ou vendredi et je te dirai si ça marche de mon côté. Mais je tourne sur windows 8, et ce dernier semble plus performant au niveau de la compatibilité avec les anciens softs que ne l'est windows 7 (par exemple starcraft marche parfaitement bien sur 8, ce qui n'est pas le cas sous windows 7...)

Comment

Originally posted by mister 888
              bigger screen here

Same size but with no lettering. Pros to rombie.

sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure the picture is photoshoped.

Comment

Ok j'attends mec, si rien de marche je pourrai peut etre mettre windows 8 sur un pc portable avec seven, et tenter l'install
                  dessus.J'ai pas trop envie de foutre le bordel sur le fixe lol.Que penses tu de cette image de fin ? Elle serait soi disant l'image de fin exclusive de la version pc, mais dur de trouver des infos la dessus.C'est une des raisons qui me donne envie de jouer à cette version pc;)

Well this is weird.If it's a photoshop piece of work, then the guy who did it had a real picture of the real "Inezh".But since the source is 100% sure, i really think it's a screenshot from the game.
                  ...Strange.I'll try to reach the guy who posted this pic and stated that it is the pc version ranking screen for Jill.

Here are a link from youtube,jill walkthroughts, ending, the usual blue ranking screen appears but not the "inezh on vacation " pic.the intro proves that this is the real PC version (press F9 key etc...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAO-U6MT5Zs
                  It IS a screenshot from the game, I mean the PICTURE IN THE GAME is photoshoped. CAPCOM photoshoped it and put it into the game.

Comment

Oh okay we think alike....but if you watch the youtube link, this pic isn't here...And it is the PC version.

So i don't get it....

What's your opinion about that ?
                    Not all the PC versions are the same.
                    Once, I got a PC version that had a censored intro. And another time, I got a PC version that had the uncensored one.
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

According to some website here, the pictures are available on the Japanese Version (I think):

Comment

Those might be on the Saturn version actually. I have a save that's in the labs so I'll beat it and let you all know.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I bet you could use VMWare Player (free software) and a copy of Windows 98 to achieve near perfect compatibility, emulating the OS within Windows 7 using the virtual machine..
                          If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

I have saves for both versions and will try them both. I have seen both those images before but can't remember where..
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I have just beaten the Japanese PC version and it's definitely there.
                              You just have to beat it without saving.
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-19-2012, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X