Capcom Survey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom Survey!

Ok guys, we’re putting out a survey to the public to see what you guys think about what we should be doing in the digital game space (not retail). Obviously, we have many opinions internally and we’re looking to gather some data about your buying habits and what franchises and even title types, you’d like […]

"How would you like a port of Resident Evil Remake for PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade? Maybe you'd like a brand new Street Fighter Alpha HD? Maybe you'd want a new 2D Mega Man game running in HD? Capcom is tossing around a number of digital game ideas, and they're asking fans to chime in.

"Obviously, we have many opinions internally and we're looking to gather some data about your buying habits and what franchises and even title types, you'd like us to make in the future," Capcom's Christian Svensson told fans. "So that end, I've been allowed to share this survey with all of you. The survey will only take a few minutes of your time and it's a great opportunity to let your voices be heard directly."

The survey can be found on Capcom-Unity, but Svensson warns that although "this data will be a factor in our decision making process," "there's no guarantees on what the outcomes will be." A few other possible games mentioned by the survey include ports of Dino Crisis, HD ports of Power Stone, an HD remix of Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, ports of Onimusha, and even brand new games in the Resident Evil franchise. And there's like two whole pages devoted to Mega Man, proving that he isn't exactly dead to Capcom.

Oh, and did we mention Viewtiful Joe? You should make a new Vietiful Joe happen"

Didn't CAPCOM said they weren't going to do a RE Remake port because they had to edit over 9000 backgrounds to fit HD resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
      Didn't CAPCOM said they weren't going to do a RE Remake port because they had to edit over 9000 backgrounds to fit HD resolution?
      What if they decide to not do just a simple port?

EDIT: Smart CAPCOM, didn't saw the word Resident nor Evil. EDIT2: Not really, I should have finished the survey before posting that.
      Last edited by Aleff; 12-20-2012, 05:33 PM.
      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
        What if they decide to not do just a simple port?
        Because they don't want to.

Comment

Because they don't want to.
          You didn't get what I was trying to say. Link the message to the video, and try again

Biohazard Gun Survivor fans, they do exist and they're more violent than Outbreak fans
          EDIT: Also, misspelled my message. Yay?
          Last edited by Aleff; 12-20-2012, 05:43 PM.
          Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

I don't think CAPCOM would ever make a straight port, they are so freaked out about HD ports, specially now that we are about to enter the next generation of consoles.

Comment

Source please.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                Source please.
                The guy of the first post said he talked with Sven from Capcom Unity:
                Bem-vindo ao Viagens.com.br, onde voc? encontra tudo o que precisa para planejar sua pr?xima aventura pelo mundo. Somos uma ag?ncia de viagens especializada em criar roteiros personalizados e experi?ncias ?nicas para nossos clientes. Em nosso site, voc? pode encontrar informa??es sobre destinos tur?sticos, dicas de viagem, op??es de hospedagem, passeios e muito mais.

Comment

Did anyone else get a question about Dino Crisis? It was only three questions long, and was pretty much, 'Which game do you want us to port?' A lot of the questions were about ports. You can't make ports forever, Capcom. You just need to try making new games that aren't shit.

Comment

"CAPCOM 5" is the reason why they will never port REmake or RE0 to any other console that isn't owned by Nintend'oh. In other words, expect everything else but not those too, unless it's on WiiU.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

I pretty much voted wont buy RE 4 5 6, Will Buy RE 1 2 3 etc. I also put a message saying release Outbreak File 3 or Re-release the first two with PSN and Xbox Live support.

Comment

Woah, I'm actually taken aback by this survery. I mean, it doesn't guarantee anything, but I feel like this is still rather promising. I selected "Definitely Buy" for all Resident Evil titles, except 4, 5, 6 and "New Types of RE Games." I honestly cannot fathom another port of RE4 coming out, but, dear God, I wouldn't doubt it.

Comment

The guy of the first post said he talked with Sven from Capcom Unity:
                          http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#CommMsg...99082345908120
                          What I got from that was that a) ports of Remake and Zero were not in their plans (yet) and b) its easier to port SD games to SD systems than SD games to HD systems.

A lot of the questions were about ports.
                          That's because the survey is about DIGITAL GAMES & not retail games.

Capcom is asking gamers what games they would want on XBLA, PSN and eShop (Wii U, 3DS). They even asked how much they would be willing to pay for digital games at those stores.

And they did ask if we wanted new IP's and entries of a particular franchise.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Dino Crisis questions were terrible. Were is the question asking us would we like a new entry in the series? Surely Capcom would like to know were their costumers stand with the future of Dino Crisis.

Comment

Probably this is their last chance to make things right with re franchise

They have the feedback
                              They will know what we want
                              They know what and how we want things over re
                              They will not have "hardware limitations" due the nextgen is coming
                              They know we hate re6
                              They know the press hate it too, and the sells telk by it self
                              They have a bunch of time to produce this

They have all the resource to do the best resident evil ever
                              If they fail again, resulting in my self quiting with the franchise

Comment

Working...
                              X