I wanted to create this *special* thread for few reasons:
    - We have talked about this early alpha very little
    - I want to collect all the info available of it
    - I noticed the early alpha long time ago
    - It is the first concept of 1.5 and scarier than changed 1.5
    - I want it more than any other build
    - I am intrigued by it
    - I want others to know more aoubt this
    - Few know that there is actually 2 versions of it. Leon with POLICE on his back and without it

Pleaes add your thoughts regarding this or if you have any ideas/media coverage and so on.
    Especially I look hi res scans of those SPECIAL PREMIERE scans
    Click image for larger version

Name:	10vc[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	406146Click image for larger version

Name:	early_8.gif
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	406147Click image for larger version

Name:	early_10.gif
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	406148Click image for larger version

Name:	early_11.gif
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	406149Click image for larger version

Name:	leon1.PNG
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	406150Click image for larger version

Name:	early_12_big.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	406151Click image for larger version

Name:	leon4.PNG
Size:	517.2 KB
ID:	406152Click image for larger version

Name:	leon6.PNG
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	406153Click image for larger version

Name:	leon8.PNG
Size:	528.1 KB
ID:	406154Click image for larger version

Name:	leon7.PNG
Size:	433.9 KB
ID:	406155Click image for larger version

Name:	leon9.PNG
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	406157Click image for larger version

Name:	leon10.PNG
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	406156Click image for larger version

Name:	leon12.PNG
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	406158Click image for larger version

Name:	leon11.PNG
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	406159Click image for larger version

Name:	leon13.PNG
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	406161Click image for larger version

Name:	leon14.PNG
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	406160Click image for larger version

Name:	leon15.PNG
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	406162
    Last edited by Marvin; 01-10-2013, 01:58 PM.
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Well, it has been discussed. It's a pretty standard Alpha, tbh. The engine is probably either the exact RE1, or with some slight modifications. It doesn't seem to expand farther than the lobby area, so even if we got our hands on at it at one point, there wouldn't be very much to discover. One interesting thing I will note, is that it indicates either the game was revealed much earlier than anticipated, or the development team really had no idea where they wanted to go with the direction of the game, seeing how much 1.5 changed in the development process.

Oh, the benches in the middle of the lobby room made it to the library lobby in RE2 retail

First instance of modified zombies, as well. The fat zombies, for example, had blood splatters added to their clothing.
    Last edited by doriantoki; 01-10-2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Name:	vlcsnap-2012-02-18-14h43m01s99.png
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	402236Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2012-02-18-14h43m08s234.png
Views:	2
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	402237Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2012-02-18-14h43m12s249.png
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	402238

Who knows whats areas are on it. It has Chief Irons rooms for sure.
      Edit: And it damn looks a lot different like it fits to RE1 mansion!

And when I first found out this scan it made me jump up high! I quite often watch this scan and DREAM! Damn, I wound give all my money for that alpha-beta-tech demo... It is simply amazing.

Name:	Re-Mix - 10-96_p74.jpg
Size:	432.7 KB
ID:	402239
      Last edited by Marvin; 01-10-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

These are the first shots of RE2 my seven-year old self saw. I thought the guy featured looked a lot like Wesker.
        Last edited by The Ekamp; 01-10-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]7883[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7884[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7885[/ATTACH]

Who knows whats areas are on it. It has Chief Irons rooms for sure.
          Edit: And it damn looks a lot different like it fits to RE1 mansion!
          OOooooooooo ... I've never seen these screens in this context before (with the Chris-edit Leon model). Nice find. The lighting is strange, you're right. It looks like the same type of lighting they used in RE1, which is probably why it looks like a background straight out of the first game.

Comment

I can see why they scrapped this build, since the character model looks almost exactly like chris redfield from the first game, but who knows perhaps he was supposed to be chris before they scrapped his role and introduced leon kennedy instead !

Comment

I always thought this alpha build was interesting. I hope it exist in the wild and hope one day we will play it

Edit: I wonder which build is older the one with police logo on the vest or without it. I actually would love to play all 1.5 builds (A person can dream right ;P)
              Last edited by GamerTak3r; 01-10-2013, 02:25 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

And this Leon feels like old time cop. Confident. It does not actually resemble the Crhis. Note the differences between Leon without POLICE tekst and with one. The model with POLICE on back looks more like Chris and seems that hair is darker. Legs and torso looks also different.

Now what really intregues me is the high detail of Chief room. One might even think it has more details in it than the later builds where they completely changed the room.

There is a much to talk about this build actually

BTW, I would love that SeiyaK0u would finish this mod. It looks amazing. It is based on RE1 engine
                Even though it's a failed project I still decided to upload a short clip presenting how far I managed to recreate a very early build of BioHazard 1.5 shown a...

And this is the video of where only footage exists aobut this build
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Seems very playable. does not matter if it sits on RE1 engine. It is DIRECT successor of Resident Evil 1.
                It makes me wanna play RE1 again. Ahhh.. on it.

EDIT: there is a nother MOD based on that build by MartinBiohazard. It is based on RE2 engine but the Leon model is simply amazing.
                This is quite promesing
                Hi again friends!Here I come with another update of my project, this time I present the alpha lobby of 1.5, ie, the first design that we saw at TGS (Tokyo Ga...

Also notice that the Main Theme of lobby existed ALREADY on that build. That tells us that work was ongoing already quite long time. That makes me fantasize about other rooms in that build.
                Last edited by Marvin; 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I think alpha build only has 2 rooms. RPD Lobby and Cheifs Irons room. So there is not much (I might be wrong). But it still would be awesome to play it

Damn that SeiyaK0u mod looks amazing. almost like a real thing.

Seiyak0u 1.5 alpha mod on RE 2 engine
                  First of all, sorry for my long absence! Real life issues, as always... I'll try to update my main project more often, but there are so many things I'm worki...

Martinbiohazard 1.5 alpha mod on RE 2 engine
                  Hi again friends!Here I come with another update of my project, this time I present the alpha lobby of 1.5, ie, the first design that we saw at TGS (Tokyo Ga...

These mods look really impressiv.
                  Last edited by GamerTak3r; 01-10-2013, 02:33 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	402240Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	402241Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	402242Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	402243Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	402244

my very old creation

and here is more. this is more like RE1 witch was my intention...

Name:	view 1.png
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	402245Click image for larger version

Name:	view 3.png
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	402246Click image for larger version

Name:	view 2.png
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	402247
                    Last edited by Marvin; 01-10-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Why did u stop creating it it looks pretty good?

I think more builds will show up after build 4 gets released.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GamerTak3r View Post
                        Why did u stop creating it it looks pretty good?

I think more builds will show up after build 4 gets released.
                        I dunno, I kind of felt I am not good and I was not saticfied with results. This room with lamp on wall would fit to early alpha corridor where Chief room is. So this early alpha R.P.D. was supposed to be like modernized in lobby but somewhat mansionised in chief rooms and areas near it. Take note on the Mansion like carpet in Chief room.

Comment

He doesn't look like chris at all. He's much thiner, and just like in the arworks he has long hair on the left side of his face.
                          Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-10-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I've always loved this early Alpha build. I think what makes it even more desirable is the lack of information and content, you've pretty much posted all these is in this thread Marvin. I really like the design of Leon as well, with the short hair. I think it's a pretty obvious reason why but it harks back to Chris. The first game was always my favourite.

Just a strange and geeky observation, but in the Japanese video from Bioflames, the handgun seems to share the SMG sound from the retail RE2, or a slightly lower pitched version of it.
                            Last edited by BiohazardFE; 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM.
                            sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Reason why it doesn't get alot of attention is cause its so early, so barebones. Only a few rooms probably. Yes, it looks awesome though. That early design "grant bitman" (Leon) has always been interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X