1.5 pic clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 pic clarification

I was gonna ask this on "The Team's" thread, but didn't want to interrupt an ongoing discussion. I have a couple of pics that I seem to have forgotten some things about, or I just didn't know. Here's pic number 1:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2_servicearea_00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	406166

I believe this is from the Kennel. Number 2:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2_kennel_00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	406167

The door to Elza's left (right side of the screen), is that an elevator or a double door? I have reasons for both, and just can't decide. Clarification, please!
    It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

I'm almost sure it's a cabinet, not a door.

Comment

It's a storage compartment with sliding doors. There exists a form of it in the retail version of the Kennel as well, but without the doors.

EDIT: I know you have trouble with certain image file types, so I made a JPEG version of my Kennel hypothesis. Let me know if you cannot view it.

Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-14-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Lo, I can seeeeeee So I can see .jpeg, not .png. Strange. Anyways, gotta give ya kudos. Those maps appear to be spot on. I couldn't find a thing wrong with'em, and believe me I tried. Two things threw me initially. The thing about the vent connecting the Firing Range and Kennel, only in the #9 it was gone, meaning at some point they must have phased out letting you go between the two via vent. I say that because in #8 it's obvious that vent is meant to come off at some point. The other was how the stairs leading to B1 and B2 fit into all this. Goromacida's video had him entering the stairs on the 1F, then skipping all the way down to B2, meaning in his build neither the staircase nor the entrance to B1 was implemented. Thanks to BZork's Youtube video's from "The Team", my confusion was cleared up. On a side note, I like how you cut your maps into smaller pieces, so there aren't so many pictures at once and easier to make sense of. Black Crow's maps are good, but just way too big for me .
        It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

Originally posted by towerofpowerx View Post
          The thing about the vent connecting the Firing Range and Kennel, only in the #9 it was gone, meaning at some point they must have phased out letting you go between the two via vent.
          Quite the opposite actually; #9 is old, #8 is newer, and #7 is newest. Taking this into consideration, it's more likely that they hadn't yet designed the Kennel by #9's era, and if they did, it might have been located elsewhere.

I say that because in #8 it's obvious that vent is meant to come off at some point.
          Yes, the vent cover looks like a removable 3D object doesn't it? I'm not so sure that Leon or Elza can pass through it though, since in neither the Kennel nor the Firing Range are there any crates to give you a boost. My guess? The dogs that attack you in the Firing Range must surely spawn from somewhere right? What more fitting origin for a pack of rabid dogs than the Kennel, after all?

The other was how the stairs leading to B1 and B2 fit into all this.
          I'm still unsure of the orientation of B1. The only thing that can conclusively determine its orientation is the East Stairwell's internal structure, which remains a mystery as far as I know. It would be fantastic if the Team could do a "step-through" of the East Stairwell... ;-)

Goromacida's video had him entering the stairs on the 1F, then skipping all the way down to B2
          Yep, room jumping with reckless abandon! This seems to indicate that 1F and B2 were two of the earliest floors to be worked on in the RPD.

meaning in his build neither the staircase nor the entrance to B1 was implemented.
          That unfortunately seems to be the case. Hell, according to Advent 2 & 3, not even the B1 corridor itself was finished in that era.
          Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-15-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
            Quite the opposite actually; 7 is old, 8 is newer, and 9 is newest. Taking this into consideration, it's more likely that they hadn't yet designed the Kennel by 7's era, and if they did, it might have been located elsewhere.
            It's the other way around. 9 is from September/October 1996 (Famitsu Build), 8 is from October/November 1996 (PSM build) and 7 is from November/December 1996 (Complete Disc Build). You probably switched the order when you posted that, but might as well clarify in case someone gets confused about it. The kennel wasn't finished until the final build, wasn't completed by the team's era build, and wasn't thought up in the early stages of development, due to the lack of vents. For some odd reason, the whole deal with zombie dogs and the locations they appear seem to be subjected to the most awkward and unstable design choices.
            Last edited by Kegluneq; 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM. Reason: Made the same mistake, hahaha

BioHazard YouTube Channel
            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
              You probably switched the order when you posted that, but might as well clarify in case someone gets confused about it.
              Yep. My mistake. Fixed.

Comment

Working...
              X