Resident Evil 2 and 3 mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
    You mean the one that leads into the press room? I always thought the camera just wouldn't let you view that angle.
    Forget it, it's there. Just in different color and not accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
      Same for the fact that Enrico made it all the way from the middle of the Arklay Mountains, all the way back to the outskirt of the city and down into the labs, and somehow back out to the mountains and into the mansion. I mean, he wasn't even on the train, so how'd he even get down into the labs without using the cable car from the training facility? And even then, he wasn't on the train, so how'd he get from where Bravo's helicopter landed to (seemingly miles away) the training facility?

Video Games.
      REZero showed us that Birkin's lab was under the Training Facility, so out further beyond the outskirts of Raccoon City and near Spencer's mansion as shown during the ending FMV of REZero.

It made allot of sense to me because we never knew how far the cable car from the sewers to the marshalling yard had travelled. Also, if Birkin's lab was just on the outskirts, the resulting explosion from the labs self destruct would have done some damage to the city and at the very least have been very noticeable during RE3, possibly even destroying part of the city that Jill and Carlos were in!

The only problem I see with REZero's logic is that HUNK and his men would've had to have spent some time in the sewers for Birkin to catch up with them, unless Birkin just sprinted along the cable car lines.... I'm not going to use Operation Raccoon City as evidence that Birkin could sprint as a G mutation though.

Comment

The magic elevator in Zero that fucks up the geography is just a gameplay mechanic. It's not 'canon'.
        Had there been item boxes in this game that stop on the elevator wouldn't even exist. Its just enables quick access to important items you dropped near the beginning of the game. Nothing more than that really.
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Whether the laboratory seen in BH0 is the same as the one in BH2 is a bit of a contentious issue. The files indicate that Marcus was in charge of the one in BH0, while Birkin was clearly in charge of the one in BH2. They also look slightly different despite having the same overall designs and the one in BH0 is meant to be infested with monsters, which I refuse to believe Birkin continued working in or Umbrella allowed between May-September. The one in BH0 is also stupidly empty for a laboratory which is shown to be pretty active in BH2 and Outbreak even with monsters jumping around.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't be the same one. Most of it is locked down and it is in the middle of the night so not many people would be around. The monsters found there are again really just for gameplay. I'm sure it also stated on the old official japanese site for the game cube that it was the same area as Bio2.

My own theory for why the lab is locked down is because Birkin released the T-001 to originally deal wih Enrico and then it encountered Rebecca when she arrived a little later.

I can't see why there would be two seperate identical labs, even just from a spacial point of view that would be pretty ridiculous. You only really encounter monsters in it once you ride back up to the training facility and again they are probably just there as an oversight. And in UC when we play Beginnings 1 and 2 the only creatures we should really encounter would be the T-001 and then Sergei and Ivan at the end. No zombies, crimsons, eliminators or anything else should be encountered. But that wouldn't make for an exciting or challenging level really.

And again, if that elevator stop was real, Wesker could have just used that to reach the training facility and therefore bypass half of that whole scenario.

As far as I remember Marcus only worked in his labs in the church.
            Last edited by TheBatMan; 01-24-2013, 09:50 AM.
            "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

If so, why does BH0's lab has monsters on July 23th, if it was being used by William, Annette, and some other people in BH2 before the Raccoon City Outbreak?
              I doubt it's the same lab.

Comment

On the old site it asks pretty much "is it the same?", doesn't actually say it is. I mean, it's personally not a big deal, but they look more and more like two separate places the more we learn about them. Even without the so-called "magic elevator" (which isn't an issue no matter if it's the same or not since it can go either way), the lab in BH2 is built beneath the center of Raccoon City, while the one in BH0 is definitely on the outskirts since it is right next to Raccoon Dam, the Umbrella Sewerage Treatment Plant and as evidenced by the ending, the damn Arklay Laboratory. And in Umbrella Chronicles, if it was the same laboratory then Wesker could've just gone through the sewers and ended up in Irons' room. And even when he crosses the tram (which people use to say "we don't know how far it goes") he still has to follow train tracks to get into the city even though that entire factory section is meant to be in the city itself.

In BH0, Hunters were also roaming around the entire "vacant factory" platform section, a place where people were actually meant to be working according to BH2 and Outbreak. On top of this, the number on top of the platform itself is different between BH0 and BH2.

Initially I would've argued (and have argued) for them being the same, but the more evidence we get, the more unlikely that looks.

Comment

Is the RE2 lab slap bang in the middle of the city though? From what we see in game its in an industrial estate on the outskirts of the city. The underground water treatment plant is pretty vast and likely stretches out into the forest, hence it being next to the dam. It's not going to be 100% accurate either way but it still makes more sense to me. It also cannot be located too far away from the abandoned plant if the government special forces took the wrong elevator to end up there.

Also Birkin's lab began construction in 1991 at considerable cost, likely millions of dollars. What is the point of this if there is already an identical and abandoned underground lab in the forest? If there are two labs the one in the forest has to pre-date the one in the middle of the city because Marcus supposedly worked in it. If it was built post 1991 would it not make sense to re-open the training facility first before constructing a massive labyrinthine lab directly beneath it? And who would work there for that matter? The Reclamation Project didn't begin until 1998 after all.

The number of the shed doesn't really matter either as we can already see from the in game map the turntable leads to four different platforms and four different storage sheds each with a different number.

Forgive the primitive 30 second drawing but I always assumed the layout was something similar to this extremely rough image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZERO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	402348
                  "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Thinking about RE0 and RE2 labs are not the same could easily knock off all geographical issues from RE0, including the magical elevator.
                    I like this theory. Spencer (and Capcom) likes replicas, we saw replica rooms from Arklay mansion on RECV, and later on Spencer State, so, the possibility that Umbrella has two similar labs doesn´t seems impossible. And more, both labs are from Umbrella, they could simply used the same architecture.

However, I find a problem with this theory: Why was Birkin in RE0 lab if it was not his own lab?

PD: Birkin´s lab is not in the center of Raccoon and it´s not close to the RPD, it´s near the outskirts of Raccoon.
                    Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM.
                    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Birkin and Wesker were in the BH0 lab because they were in charge of the "Reclamation Project", which involved evaluating that abandoned laboratory and surrounding facilities to act as a replacement for the Arklay Laboratory. They were close by keeping an eye on the whole thing. It never made much sense for them to want to just take back the executive training school when, on its own, it has almost no real facilities. That is why there are a lot of Umbrella soldiers and engineering staff around. Most of the zombies in the game were part of the Investigation Units for the Reclamation Project. Why would they need to go to a working, fully staffed, fully operational laboratory? And if the lab was all of those things, why is it absolutely empty when Rebecca gets there and Enrico strolls right on through?

The four different sheds is true, that was actually my explanation when I still thought they were the same. Again, it can go either way but it makes considerably more sense for them to be separate. It removes quite a lot of apparent geographical blunders and inconsistencies within the plot.

Comment

It solves some issues but creates plenty of its own. Namely the utter pointlessness of creating Birkin's lab underneath the city when they would already have this one to work with.

And I still think it is a hell of a coincidence that everything looks exactly the same. And the vacant factory and turntable is clearly not in the middle of the forest.
                        Last edited by TheBatMan; 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM.
                        "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

I can't believe for a second they are two different locations. It's just too coincidental in every single way to not be. Granted there's a couple of glaring concerns with them being the same, but likewise Outbreak using the same lab has a couple of issues too. I can totally see where you're coming from Newsbot however. But it would be simply too ridiculous for me to be a different yet the same facility.
                          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            the lab in BH2 is built beneath the center of Raccoon City
                            Claire: Do you know where your parents are?
                            Sherry: They both work at the Umbrella Chemical Plant, near the city limits.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                              You don't actually think Sherry knew her parents worked on the secret laboratory under th city, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                                It solves some issues but creates plenty of its own. Namely the utter pointlessness of creating Birkin's lab underneath the city when they would already have this one to work with.

And I still think it is a hell of a coincidence that everything looks exactly the same. And the vacant factory and turntable is clearly not in the middle of the forest.
                                The area around both factories is pretty industrial but Rebecca and Billy don't go far to reach the treatment plant, which is literally right underground only a mile or so away from the Arklay Laboratory.

Umbrella's interior decorators are not very original.

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                                The chemical plant is near the city limits. The actual laboratory is within the city. For reference, it is apparently connected to the laboratory in Outbreak File 2 via elevator. That's how Carter manages to move between both. You can see the plant in the background when you arrive at the platform.

Not to mention the lab in BH2 was built primarily for the G-virus project in 1991-3, and yet Dr. Marcus is in charge of the one in BH0. Seriously, look at this file: http://projectumbrella.net/articles/...stodians-Diary

Today, I was asked by Director Marcus to change the password of the platform entrance.
                                Unless Marcus' ghost came to fuck with this poor janitor, that is a major timeline discrepancy since Marcus was shot to death two years before the lab in BH2 even needed to exist since the G-virus wasn't discovered until after Marcus was killed.
                                Last edited by News Bot; 01-24-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X