Clear All

• Resident evil will return to it's roots

Hope is hope

Yeah, we'll see.

Comment

No reboot and I'd agree wholeheartedly.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I would only love a reboot if they put zombies, well skilled story writers and game engineers and the most important thing: tons of graphics, i mean, super ultra graphics.

Comment

Shit word reboot is scary as fuck in combination with Resident Evil. Yeah sure DmC proves to be awesome, but i don't want to throw away my last 13 years which I spend loving current RE story. For love of god Capcom make RE games scary again, but don't change the story and characters!
          Spoiler:

Comment

Damn, beat me to posting this. I'm all for a reboot. Have been for some time.

The thing is though...they need a competent writing staff and keep a focus on the series story direction.
            There are literally dozens of story ideas and directions they can take, but only a few of them are the right choices.

we'll all just have to wait and see whats up.

Comment

I'd want a reboot if the story is good but simplistic and efficient at the same time. I'm tired of convoluted Santa Barbara garbage.

Comment

They don't need to reboot the story to have horror back or to put "good writers" (what the hell is considered a good writer in videogames, by the way?). I don't think just throwing away 17 years worth of lore and character development is a good decision, it's lazy.

What Capcom should do is get a grip and give the story a direction, make a game where the plot that goes beyond one installment of the series. Get a writter that doesn't make a clusterfuck like Revelations and RE6 and for fuck's sake kill an important character instead someone people never saw before. Make the player fear their favorite character can die, make them discuss it, give us something to talk about besides a new virus and another organization.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                  They don't need to reboot the story to have horror back or to put "good writers" (what the hell is considered a good writer in videogames, by the way?)
                  Someone who doesn't write something like Resident Evil 6, as you mentioned. Really, all they need to do is tell a horror story properly.

Oh, and for this whole "returning Resident Evil to its roots" thing:

I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT.
                  Last edited by Kaine; 01-31-2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Also, I feel as though, in the last five years, very few in the entertainment/gaming biz understand the difference between "reboot," "revamp" and "remake." So, honestly, when see any of these three words, I have no idea what the person is REALLY implying.

Comment

I think Resident Evil 4's bold new direction did wonders for it, not Zombies and B.O.W's but a cult of real people in a foreign country. Resident Evil needs to return to horror and something bold like RE4 did. I personally don't want slow Zombies to return, they just aren't scary anymore simple as that. I want to face monstrosities that make me feel under powered, a easy target that could die at any time.

Look at the Dino's in Dino Crisis 1, you ALWAYS felt like they could tear you apart but slow Zombies just don't have that same effect.

If they truly get the hint then that is great, but I have to see it before believing a word from their lips.

Comment

Considering the atrocities they have done to the story and characters a reboot seems unavoidable.
                        Just make sure:
                        1.) Game is scary
                        2.) Has zombies
                        3.) Features ordinary people with no matrix powers, being able to resurrect themselves and other hilarious stuff
                        4.) Good music again, for a change ?
                        5.) Not a dull third person shooter

I mean this would practically be enough. It is not that people ever expected some ultra deep story-line from Resident Evil. Just not something that retarded.
                        Last edited by anaho; 01-31-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Resident evil doesn't NEED A SUPER OMG MINDFUCK PLOT! It used to be about nothing but HOLY SHIT ZOMBIES, I LOVE YOU, FUCK UMBRELLA.

Comment

A reboot could be good, it would give Capcom the opportunity to tell a new story with new character relationships, it's exactly what the series needs in my opinion. This is the kind of thing that would allow them to explore new ideas and make the series something more original again, instead of something which is dragging on and arguably getting worse with every main instalment. Who knows what "reboot" means in Capcom's eyes, it could mean more guns or it could mean going back to old school, but either way I think it will bring a lot more freedom from a design and development point to have a clean slate and start building on new ideas.

I like how Capcom are finally realising that these kinds of games can't compete on the same levels as blockbuster FPS games. The game is what it is, know your market and deliver the experience the game is supposed to deliver, instead of changing it to appeal to a larger market. I guess Capcom have to learn from experience.

Comment

A "semi-reboot" can be the answer to the problem. Think of what RE4 did at the time, but revert to horror. They can keep the characters, background, etc, but, at the same time, they can also create a new, effective and simplistic story around all these key elements. They only need to change the focus of the games.

A complete reboot, I wouldn't mind, but at the same time I don't trust Capcom enough to expect a good result out of it.

Or, a sequel to Revelations would be enough to satisfy me.
                              Last edited by Grem; 01-31-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X