Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re2Beta1 - Who has this footage? (look inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re2Beta1 - Who has this footage? (look inside)

" the black and white footage that came with one of Making of Romero BH2 Commercials.

As for the BH2 IGN Beta, I have about 11 seconds footage showing the beginning of Claire/Kendo cutscene + few screenshots of Claire in different areas of game. Both surely come from the game, as they're much clearer and don't have the crappy IGN logo.

The strange BH2 Beta footage that I have shows the Title Screen and Leon walking around the first area of the game shooting zombies while a strange debug stat is displayed. This one also comes from the real game "

The last part is what really interests me.

Who/where are you quoting?

Comment

It was an email I received. I don't recall the black and white footage that came with the making of video and i don't recall the last part the guy was talking about.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I don't know anything of B&W footage with Romero stuff either, what I can say is said footage wouldn't be that early if included. The commercial wasn't shot until late Sept and early Oct of 97 and the making of materials not released until Jan 98, making any footage more likely to be late in development and not early. But unless someone knows what they mean there is no way to check.

As for the IGN footage, that dates from late 97 as well. Part of the old magazine sites of the Imagine Publishing before they were put together as IGN in 1998. Debate goes on about the age of the build and the source.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
          I don't know anything of B&W footage with Romero stuff either
          Allow me to give a brief history of that video.

Way back, in 1997, George Romero produced a commercial advertisement to help promote Bio2. As most already know, that commercial was never shown outside of Japan. Go figure.

Flash-forward to 2005-2006, I was in contact with Robert Krieger (RIP, bro), who found a copy of "The making of" commercial on eBay. The physical cassette tape was in Sony BETA Cam SP format, and requires television-studio equipment to view. It was made for broadcast, only.

Due to the encoding format and physicality of the cassette, we had it sent to a business that specializes in mastering home wedding videos. For a very small fee, they encoded the BETA Cam SP cassette to DVD format, and returned it to us, with the newly encoded DVD.

The case of the tape reads this:

CAPCOM
          RESIDENT EVIL II Sales Video
          Time Code In: 1:01:10:00
          RESIDENT EVIL II Rough Cut
          Time Code In: 1:04:26:00

AUDIO; 1 & 2 DISCRETE

TRT 6:30

To my knowledge, BioHazard France had a copy which had been previously posted online... which was in black and white color. Our version, was in full color.

I still have a copy of the DVD, and rip-to-pc, as well. Also, I've got pictures of the cassette, in and out of its case. I will upload them somewhere, soon.

The physical copy ended up in my possession. At the time, Dot50Cal was talking about creating a "Resident Evil Museum", where he would be the curator. In fact, some magazine printed an entire-page article, dedicated to his up-and-coming museum, with pics of rare games and arcades, and a nice link to this site. I still have the scan, which I will provide.

That said, I simply gave it to John (Dot50Cal). He has since sold his entire Resident Evil & Bio Hazard collection, so, it's anyone's guess as to where the physical copy ended up. :/

And yes, the last minute or so of the footage contains in-dev gameplay of both Leon and Claire (retail). The rest contains "Behind the scenes" footage of the commercial (making-of), and the completed product (The commercial, which aired in Japan - full color).
          Last edited by MeganGrass; 02-16-2013, 01:06 AM.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

This is all well and good, and indeed thanks for filling in the gaps I didn't know, however how old is the game content shown? Is it really that early in the final versions development or is the purpose of the content linked to the Romero footage late in development as I speculate it would have been given when the Romero commercial was lensed ?

Comment

I got the tape.
              Resource to survival horror games releases - games, promos, demos, soundtracks, movies, and books.
              lostreleases // demopals

Comment

It's nice to know that it stayed within the community. Thanks for clarifying, Ders.

how old is the game content shown?
                Retail, most likely.

No debug menu stuff... The only strange thing I noticed were some zombies located in different places. Then again, it could have been differences with Scenario A/B settings.

Also, IIRC, during a 'break' between footage, a brief glimpse of the game case was shown, which happened to be a single-disc case.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                  hey, r u the lost releases owner?
                  Last edited by yurieu; 02-16-2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Wow I've never seen such a rare resident evil item before, it must have cost you a fortune to buy the cassette !

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                      Allow me to give a brief history of that video.
                      To my knowledge, BioHazard France had a copy which had been previously posted online... which was in black and white color. Our version, was in full color.
                      This doesn't sound familiar at all... the only Romero-related tape we have is in color: http://biohazardfrance.net/dossiers/ROMERO/index.html
                      Could you be more specific, Mark?
                      Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                        hey, r u the lost releases owner?
                        Yep
                        Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                        Wow I've never seen such a rare resident evil item before, it must have cost you a fortune to buy the cassette !
                        Can't really tell exactly, I bought it with tons of other stuff and the price was for the lot.
                        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Wow, really unique item you have there. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                            I can't speak for Anders, but when I initially bought it, the cost was very cheap (about 50$).

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                            This doesn't sound familiar at all... the only Romero-related tape we have is in color: http://biohazardfrance.net/dossiers/ROMERO/index.html
                            Could you be more specific, Mark?
                            I have a copy with "BIOHAZARD FRANCE" hard-coded watermark on my PC, and it's without color? :/

The audio is really loud, with static noise, too.

It's been ages, it's possible I'm mixing up footage >.< ...but the tape shown at Lost Releases is, in fact, the same I passed onto John (Dot50Cal).
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Yep
                              nice, its a great database for us, dude!

not to mention the great pics and descriptions!
                              Last edited by yurieu; 02-16-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X