Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perhaps the Resident Evil Zero beta for the Nintendo 64 will be next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That monster doesn't look 3D (if you was referring to it in particular).

Comment

Call me crazy, but I would have prefered the N64 version of REzero rather than the GC one, mostly because it was closer in style to RE2,3 and CV.

Comment

I hope the beta "Hook Man" of resident evil 3.5 instead of the version N64.

Comment

I would love Re 0 for n64 because like the Re 2 version it would allow blood color being changed and violence level and most likely randomizer mode Re 2 n64 had its perks but my favorite port is the dreamcast version for all the extras it contains but the thought of 3.5 would be awesome too

Comment

Originally posted by nicksena17 View Post
            I would love Re 0 for n64 because like the Re 2 version it would allow blood color being changed and violence level and most likely randomizer mode Re 2 n64 had its perks but my favorite port is the dreamcast version for all the extras it contains but the thought of 3.5 would be awesome too
            I wonder if they even developed passed the train. Cant imagine the facility being half as intimidating as the GC one

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
              I wonder if they even developed passed the train. Cant imagine the facility being half as intimidating as the GC one
              Its possible might have only been done with the capcom staff inside and no footage released but I am not sure i remember seeing some e3 footage so i know it included the blood color change and violence level not the randomizer as i had thought but i remember reading about Re2 having a cancelled sega saturn port i guess it was cancelled because the saturn was discontinued but i cant help but wonder what goodies it would of had or if they were adapted to the dreamcast port anyways or even if they made a claire version for the game.com would be cool i love collecting the ports because of the little things that are different thats why i wish we had 0 for 64 so bad but you never know i mean just recently a Sega Pluto was found after a previous worker released pictures to the web and turned out someone in america has one also so theres only 2 of them made i wish i could get my hands on one but took it 15 years to surface never know anything can happen

Comment

Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                I hope the beta "Hook Man" of resident evil 3.5 instead of the version N64.
                The 3.5 betas don't really excite me at all, they would be nice to play and have in my collection but i'd way rather have the Re0 N64 beta or a RE: CV beta, a lot of cool features were cut from it, that includes ripped clothing after being attacked. All in all I want every Resident Evil related beta but the early works are the most important.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                  The 3.5 betas don't really excite me at all, they would be nice to play and have in my collection but i'd way rather have the Re0 N64 beta or a RE: CV beta, a lot of cool features were cut from it, that includes ripped clothing after being attacked. All in all I want every Resident Evil related beta but the early works are the most important.
                  I never heard of the code v betas there any footage that exists?

Comment

Earlier in the thread....DERP. Imacwesker posted all of the footage he compiled.
                    n64 beta would be important.
                    dat fucking save room music in that e3 footage <3
                    In fact, all the music in that video. <3
                    Last edited by Darkness; 07-23-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      Don't mean to resurect such an old topic, but I had RE0 N64 on the brain, and I didn't just want to start a new topic. I know people say that there would be no need to have RE0 on the N64 because of the gamecube version. But like others have said, being closer to the look and feel of the first 3 REs is what interested me the most.

Plus, like some have said, I wonder just how much was really done before it was truly canned. Some say like 10% or nothing past the train, but wasn't it supposed to be released in the fall of 2000? I could be wrong, but wouldn't that mean they had to have much more done than what they showcased?

"A can of fizz. It's sure to yellow and mellow those things." - Barry Burton

Comment

Originally posted by AJM Ruler View Post
                        Don't mean to resurect such an old topic, but I had RE0 N64 on the brain, and I didn't just want to start a new topic. I know people say that there would be no need to have RE0 on the N64 because of the gamecube version. But like others have said, being closer to the look and feel of the first 3 REs is what interested me the most.

Plus, like some have said, I wonder just how much was really done before it was truly canned. Some say like 10% or nothing past the train, but wasn't it supposed to be released in the fall of 2000? I could be wrong, but wouldn't that mean they had to have much more done than what they showcased?
                        My gut tells me that nearly the entire scenario and environment had already been planned by the time N64 development gave way to the Gamecube. I think at the point of transition, they were just in the process of actually implementing, modeling, and coding their ideas and sketches, which I don't believe progressed further than the railway chapter in complete form.

I don't really know though... News Bot probably knows more about it than any member of any RE community (and I'm not even implying that he knows a great deal about it). Throw out some baseless rumours and perpetuate a few common misconceptions as fact, and he'll be here in a jiffy to set the record straight... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                          My gut tells me that nearly the entire scenario and environment had already been planned by the time N64 development gave way to the Gamecube. I think at the point of transition, they were just in the process of actually implementing, modeling, and coding their ideas and sketches, which I don't believe progressed further than the railway chapter in complete form.

I don't really know though... News Bot probably knows more about it than any member of any RE community (and I'm not even implying that he knows a great deal about it). Throw out some baseless rumours and perpetuate a few common misconceptions as fact, and he'll be here in a jiffy to set the record straight... ;)
                          Good idea, I'll set the bait....

Gaiden is cannon and ties in to the N64 beta of 0.

There, now we play the waiting game.

Comment

There isn't a whole lot to know, but I know most of what there is.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Care to share?

I've found RE0 64 interesting as well. I prefer the old versions as opposed to the Gamecube games, so I'd love for a beta or the demo to surface one day. Actual development of the game itself before the transition did go past the train of course, but I don't know how far it got. The background on the warning screen from the game show demo might show how far production was.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RE0demo.png
Views:	1
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	403615

There's also leftover music files within the retail Gamecube version that are from the 64 version.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                                So share some info..

Comment

Working...
                                X