Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing Resident Evil 1.5 on the real thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Resident Evil 1.5 on the real thing?

I hate to sound like a noob, but it just tells you how much I've done these kinds of things. I want to play the game on the PlayStation (PS1, PSX, PSone, etc.).

So, I burn the ISO to a CD-ROM, and then use a GameShark CD/Swap method to get it to run right?
    Last edited by RetroRain; 02-23-2013, 01:01 PM.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Yes that works fine. I would recommend modding the PS1 though. This game freezes like crazy and requires a reboot of the system. It may be a hassle to have to reboot to the gameshark then swap the disc out.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I wouldn't recommend this method. It'll probably kill your laser.
      sigpic

Comment

ePSXe + F3.

Comment

Yea. The game crashes too often to play on real hardware. Aside from the handguns (and I think the MC51), firing the other useable weapons will randomly crash your game every other minute or so. There's also an infrequent tendency for the game to lock up when you jump to a room using the debug menu. You'll need to make use of emulator save states to get around the frequent crashes to make the experience enjoyable.

Anyway, if you want to play the game in all (most) of the real hardware's shitty 240i video fidelity on PC, use ePSXe and set the resolution to Native (320X240). Enable the scanlines option if you want the added CRT TV effect.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

Working...
          X