Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 PAL Platinum - Extreme Battle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 PAL Platinum - Extreme Battle?

Hey guys I was just wondering about something, a quick question.

The Americans got a new version of RE2 titled 'Dual Shock' which included the awesome 'Extreme Battle'.
    Us PAL gamers didn't get a re-release, we got our annual Platinum re-release for selling loads of copies.
    I've heard around and about that the Platinum re-release in PAL regions included the Arrange Mode, Original Mode and Extreme Battle modes from Dual Shock.

Is this true? Can anyone confirm?

It's the same as the standard original release. No DS extras. There was none of those in PAL regions until the PC version in June 1999, and none on consoles until the Dreamcast version in April 2000 (the N64 version came out just before that but it doesn't have the Dual Shock stuff of course, just it's unique extras).

Comment

The PSN release of RE2 in PAL territory is the US version, though (iirc). (Seem to recall it being flagged as a US import)

Comment

That's depressing. Thanks for the reply.
        ^^ Oh yeah! in 60hz glory! Wasn't sure if it was Dual Shock or not.
        Last edited by Gradon; 02-24-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Yeah it is the Dual Shock version, and it looks amazing on a PSP, well worth trying out if you've got one.
          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I've got a Vita so I'm sure it'll look even better. Problem is that I have the disk versions of the original so I was just wondering. Will probably buy down the line if it ever goes on sale.

Comment

Working...
            X