Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would rather they finished the main story before we get a reboot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would rather they finished the main story before we get a reboot.

Yeah, because I mean, if you followed the current / original / ongoing story and that for years without a break, wouldn't you rather Capcom finished that off first before going back to the beginning again, leaving the series with a cliffhanger of sorts? Granted, a reboot could just mean a new overall, but I reckon they intended to start afresh. There's still life in the old dog yet. Not sure if that best describes things. But anyway, there needs to be a proper send off.

But the thing is, where can they go from here? BIO6 really did what I consider as the last possible scenario for the series. I can't see them going back to Majini/Ganado again. The series is at a dead end now.

If they make a BIO7, it be something like BIO6 but bigger. That is what I think will happen.

As far as the series is concerned I think it's done for now. They need a reboot.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

They wont finish the series. They'll just continue limping onward making mediocre entries, because they don't have to put out anything thats above average quality because they will make their money back regardless of what they do.

6 was a critical failure(as in most critics didn't like it), but not entirely a commercial one(they could get those 5 million sales units sold by the end of this year).

With the sales figures of ORC as well, this pretty much is suggesting that they don't have to put as much into the games, because the Brand name is as strong as it is. Just put in more shit to shoot and call it Resident Evil and with the help of a few classic enemies mixed in the money will come.

Until there's enough anger from the fans and the sales drop, the story will continue, no matter how awful it becomes.
      Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-02-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

You people knit pick and over analyze the Resident Evil games. I don't care if we get a reboot, as long as the game is fun and stays a survival horror game.

I am looking forward to the new RE games that will go back to something like the way they were.
        I predict the new title will be called:
        RESIDENT EVIL : ROBOOT!
        Last edited by Black~Crow; 03-02-2013, 11:12 PM.
        I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Rebooting the game would be just publicity move. RE6 have a new villain, new virus(althought a lazy/convenient RECV reference), recent camera system and a terrible fight system. its very independent from the series itself.

so, all they need to do is go back to the pre rendered cameras, improve visual quality and give the character realistic mechanics, like a real human.

Comment

RE games need a gameplay reboot, it doesn`t need to affect the story, wich is one of the most well developed and consistent universes in the world of videogames franchises. All chapters from the main saga -with a few exceptions- has an excelent plot line for a videogame and the global story works excelent.

Story can continue its way independent from whatever happens to gameplay, no need to reboot story, just give it more in direction to small scale outbreaks and less worldwide bioterrorism wars.
            Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 03-03-2013, 01:07 AM.
            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

RE6 opens up a whole new can of worms, if you sit down and think about it. It's a road I wish they hadn't gone down - because now you've got this whole superhuman "X-Men with guns" or "Heroes" thing going with Jake and Sherry. Heck, it actually started with the augmented Jill (and even Wesker, to a degree) back in RE5, or even earlier - if you count Krauser (RE4, REDC). I mean, just think about what the implications of the new viral research in those games mean. You've essentally got two all-new classes of superhumans - ones I've come to call the Immortals (the good guys) and the Daemons (the bad guys). All of these are the products of extended research and development of Umbrella's original B.O.W. virii (T-virus, G-virus, Veronica virus, and variants). They're the lucky few, though. For every lone Immortal or Daemon "produced" you've got tens of thousands, maybe even millions, of victims. Plus you got the sub-classes, too - the ones who didn't "make the cut" and mutated into monsters (or zombies in the old games)- and let's not forget the ones who got scaled-back transformations into mini-bosses or partially intelligent superfreaks. Let's call them the Augments for now - the post-RE4 infection bunch (maniji, j'avo, etc). What does all of this mean? Modern RE isn't survival horror anymore. It's a superhero action show based on the twin themes of sci-fi and "modern" horror. You don't fight true zombies and monsters anymore. You're fighting genetically engineered mutants. A difference in terms, yes, but an important one. "Action horror?!?" Don't make me laugh. Modern RE is an action franchise with only the barest shreds of true survival horror still fluttering in the wind around it. That's why RE6 "didn't live up to expectations" in sales. People recognized it for what it was and judged it based on that. Remember how they told us fans we needed to be "parented" into the future of the RE franchise? They're eating their words now, even though they won't admit it.

Sorry about venting like that, but this has been building for a while.
              Last edited by RMandel; 03-03-2013, 05:25 AM.
              Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
              Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Very easy to continue the story from where it is now. BH6 changed absolutely nothing. Lack of imagination is holding both CAPCOM and the fans back.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

They could follow on the current line and add new characters and set the game locations and story in a small forbidden or unknown village or even a forgotten place or anything like the Rockfort Island for example and set a little Outbreak there and players would take control of Agents or anything .... really they could do anything if they think of it first.

All I want to see is that main titles go back to the roots for once or at least like RE4/Revelations. as for Action I really would love for Ada to have her own game following her story post the RE6 Events with new mechanics and system developed for her only like the grapple gun and her own equipments, infiltration and stealth game-play much like MGS , that will please everyone including me, shes really into Stealth and Action it fits her.
                  Last edited by Mrox2; 03-03-2013, 08:15 AM.
                  Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                  ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    Very easy to continue the story from where it is now. BH6 changed absolutely nothing. Lack of imagination is holding both CAPCOM and the fans back.
                    And that's the problem, for a lot of fans -- no one actually wants to imagine the continuance of the story.

There's no doubt that storyline can continue, but you need to accept that fact that a lot of people simply won't like it, no matter how they make it. There's absolutely no way you can word it - you're not changing people's minds!
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I want them to reboot the gameplay and all the mechanics back to what they were. Maybe use less super heroish characters that are normal citizen, multiplayer with lan option, classic cameras, more puzzles and anticipation. The story can keep going, I don't mind either way.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                        And that's the problem, for a lot of fans -- no one actually wants to imagine the continuance of the story.

There's no doubt that storyline can continue, but you need to accept that fact that a lot of people simply won't like it, no matter how they make it. There's absolutely no way you can word it - you're not changing people's minds!
                        I've yet to see one person except perhaps you say that they don't want it to continue, the main claim is that it can't, which is untrue.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

What story?

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            I've yet to see one person except perhaps you say that they don't want it to continue, the main claim is that it can't, which is untrue.
                            It can't continue because it was so much fucked up lately, RE6 story is really crappy and weak IMO, not that it need to end but if they really want to continue they would need to make a decent story like they would do before.
                            Probably the reason why they talk alot recently about a REboot, because it's really dying, Ada needs a closure at last and that should be the end and the beginning of a reboot maybe.
                            Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                            ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                              What story?
                              Pretty much what I was thinking. I still haven't played RE6 (but I did get it in the Blockbuster Going Out of Business Sale for £5!) but from what I can see it doesn't exactly have much to resolve. How big a douche nozzle can Jake be? About the biggest plot threads I can think of are the Alex Wesker storyline and possibly something involving Ada.

You can continue the story, that's pretty simple, but it's getting more and more disconnected from anything remotely interesting. I'm really not that excited by the global angle they seem to be taking either. And there's always the potential 'twist' of bringing Wesker back...again...which will probably make me gnaw through my couch when they finally do it.

If they really want to continue the plot they need to do three things;

1) Connect the current games to the past better. Simply having the same character names does not count...most of the characters are nothing like the characters they originally were, beyond the 'character growth' potential. Not that any of them had more than a cardboard personality to start with, but it's kinda silly now.

2) Stop doing the one thing they ARE using to connect to the past - Raccoon City. Seriously, it's a smoking hole in the ground, stop milking the place. yes, it's recognizable, and probably the most famous place in RE history - that doesn't mean everyone has to have had a connection to it.

3) Realize that personal stories will have a much greater impact than some global explosion story. I would, hand on heart, much rather play something as simple as you being an ordinary person, stuck in a quarantined city, trying to find drugs for an ill family member. It's basic and cliche, but done right it's always a heart tugger.

Comment

Working...
                              X