Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So did the original voice actors in RE1 kill themselves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So did the original voice actors in RE1 kill themselves?

We have never seen or heard of any of them doing interviews in any history or retrospective specials. Hell they even hid their last names due to possibly embarrassment. Imagine all the years of seeing all the fun thats been made of them and having to live day in and day out as being the worst actors in gaming history. Now if anyone can find any interviews with these actors please let me know

Oh no, not this debate again.

Comment

They're not strictly bad actors, at least one of them was a professional working in Japan.

The problem with the game was the translator CAPCOM hired, and Mikami's own insistence that the actors say every word slowly.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        They're not strictly bad actors, at least one of them was a professional working in Japan.

The problem with the game was the translator CAPCOM hired, and Mikami's own insistence that the actors say every word slowly.
        haha I always figured they were Japanese actors who couldn't speak very good english.

Comment

The actor who voiced Chris went on to voice Richter in the US Castlevania: SotN. He was much better there (but IMO, still not a terribly great actor by any means). I always wondered why no one tracked him down and asked who his co-actor voicing Jill was, to put an end to the debate as to whether it was Una or not. I wonder if he is still active as a voice actor?
          Last edited by doriantoki; 03-05-2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
            The actor who voiced Chris went on to voice Richter in the US Castlevania: SotN. He was much better there
            I hope you're kidding, I burst out laughing when I heard him the first time I played that game, and instantly recognized him. It was even worst than his performance in Resident Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
              I hope you're kidding, I burst out laughing when I heard him the first time I played that game, and instantly recognized him. It was even worst than his performance in Resident Evil.
              Your words are as empty as your soul!

Comment

we all truly wanna know who voiced Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                  we all truly wanna know who voiced Barry
                  Barry
                  Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                    I like how you left out the part where I said he still wasn't a terribly great actor by any means. There was something charming about his portrayal of Richter. In RE, he just made Chris sound like a giant retard with no idea as to WTF was going on. Well, that was 90% of the RE cast, but Chris seemed especially mentally retarded in that one.

Comment

His portrayal of Richter was charming?

Ok I'm out.

edit: Charming over 9000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6HVP6SKwu4&t=2m21s
                      Last edited by Rick Hunter; 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I don't really know why you're pressing this issue, or what kind of answer you want. The voice acting in RE was terrible. The voice acting in SotN was bad, but the actors, while over the top, had some charm to them, and the characters were at least somewhat endearing. I'm not claiming that any of the voice acting is good, so I don't know why you're still on my case about this.
                        Last edited by doriantoki; 03-05-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                          I don't really know why you're pressing this issue, or what kind of answer you want. The voice acting in RE was terrible. The voice acting in SotN was bad, but the actors, while over the top, had some charm to them, and the characters were at least somewhat endearing. I'm not claiming that any of the voice acting is good, so I don't know why you're still on my case about this.
                          I personally love his voice its just so uplifting to here since he sounds so funny

Comment

Fuck the voice-acting, it would be great to meet one of them...

Comment

Oh the smile that would be on my face hearing him say "Oh that was great!" after I accomplish something

Comment

Working...
                              X