How about a countdown of what you feel are the creepiest RE tunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a countdown of what you feel are the creepiest RE tunes

Top 5 or top 10 whatever you feel works best for you I am interested in your opinions

5. REmake: Deathtrap
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I love how this one just slowly intensifies as it goes on!

4. REmake: Out of Darkness
    The "Lost in Darkness" track from the Resident Evil Gamecube remake.

This was actually my first exposure to Resident Evil over 10 years ago and this alone made me unable to sleep at night.

3. RE1: Vacant Flat Remix
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I just straight up love this version

2. RE0: Training Facility IV

I am suprised this one isn't talked about more it is just plain F'd up beyond reason that someone could create music like this.

1. RE1: 2nd Floor Mansion Again

That feeling of hopelessness and being low on healing items plus the overly dangerous hunters in the original release (no auto-aim didn't help)

I like this thread. I'm currently listening to each and every BH soundtrack to help me make my decision, and will come back later to share my top with you.
    One thing is for sure : the creepiest musics are always in the basements/underground areas !

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      I like this thread. I'm currently listening to each and every BH soundtrack to help me make my decision, and will come back later to share my top with you.
      One thing is for sure : the creepiest musics are always in the basements/underground areas !
      Not so much when we are talking about the basement music in the dualshock directors cut

Comment

"Dead Police Station" and the elevator music from 1.5 and "Cold Sweat" from RE3 are my favorites. Most of my favorites come from 1.5 and retail RE2. The names escape me or they don't have an official title.

Also, if you're looking for creepy music check out Selected Ambient Works Vol. II by Aphex Twin. Namely [matchsticks] and [domino]. The songs don't have names (except Blue Calx) as they're identified with pictures instead. Very immersive and atmospheric.
        sigpic
        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by Graco View Post
          "Dead Police Station" and the elevator music from 1.5 and "Cold Sweat" from RE3 are my favorites. Most of my favorites come from 1.5 and retail RE2. The names escape me or they don't have an official title.

Also, if you're looking for creepy music check out Selected Ambient Works Vol. II by Aphex Twin. Namely [matchsticks] and [domino]. The songs don't have names (except Blue Calx) as they're identified with pictures instead. Very immersive and atmospheric.
          I agree with you on the Elevator music in 1.5 I wonder why that didn't make it fully into the final build they kinda somewhat play it on the elevator section in the factory

Comment

No so much creepy, but everything I hear this I remember the dread of that annoying leech man coming.

sigpic

Comment

Ok I've done it. It was very difficult for me, as there were lots of awesome tracks that I wanted to talk about, but I managed to narrow my selection to a top 10.
              It goes like this :

10. RECVX : Putrid Smell

Torture, insanity, unspeakable horrors... you can almost smell the stench of decaying corpses. Depressing and sinister tune, I love it.

9. RE2 : The Basement Of Police Station

Basements are always creepy places. This one is no exception. Can't say RE2 scared me much, but this one place gave me the goosebumps. Especially when Lickers are lurking in the corner, making their distinctive breathing sound...

8. RE3 : Feel the Tension

Explicit title. Nemesis is near, but you can't see him yet. You don't know how and when, but you know he's coming. Fast. And make no mistake : he's here for you.

7. RE4 : Cold Sweat

Those heartbeats ! It's like the walls themselves wanted to eat you alive.

6. RE5 : The Claw

The lickers are here, coming at you from every direction, surrounding you. No hope left.

5. REmake : Shot in the Silence
              The "Shot in the Silence" track from the Resident Evil Gamecube remake.

Why this track is used in one of the safest place in the whole game, the dining room, is beyond me. Ingame, it is toned down and covered by the sound of the clock. This sick tune is misused in my opinion.

4. REmake : Narrow and Close
              The "Narrow and Close" track from the Resident Evil Gamecube remake.

Now I know this track caught a lot of flack at the time, because it was nothing like the original. While it certainly is true, the track is still awesome in its own right. The chilling gasping sound is like some ghost is trying to choke you to death by emptying your lungs of all the air inside, leaving you lying on the wet floor, suffocating.

3. RE4 : Novistadors

Resident Evil 4's soundtrack is really underrated. Yet, it may be the creepiest OST of them all. It's a shame the game is not as scary as its music. The village and castle are filled with creepy tunes. This one is particularly memorable. You can picture maggots feeding on festering corpses, and you actually feel like you're surrounded by big ugly bugs out to spit acid on your face... which is precisely the case.

2. RE1 : Forest Is Dead

Best music of the game in my opinion. You're scared to death but at the same time, you want to know what happened on that balcony, so you follow the trail of blood... Joseph, Kenneth, now Forest : will you be the next one ?

1. REØ : Training Facility IV

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one. Creepiest music of the game, and arguably the creepiest tune in the whole series.

Bonus track. REDA : Scream in the Darkness

It's not even a music. It's just a spine-chilling distant wailing.

Comment

Ok, here's my list :

10 : RE1 : Narrow and Close
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZanrLbBThJE
                The first time you're in the basement of the original RE, you're just freaked out because of this music.

9 : RE2 : The Library
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nUx6aotQXc
                I think this track really contrasts with the rest of the soundtrack.

8 : Remake : Macabre Hallway
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpNSsZw9t7Y
                My favourite track of the game. A much more creepy version of the original "Mansion second floor".

7 : RE4 : Central hall
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7_AS3R13BI
                Sly is right, RE4 has a lot of creepy songs, but this one is my favourite of them all. It's a very simple track but it managed to send a shiver down my spine.

6 : REzero : Training cell ambience
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZKLJKTeIuM
                I just like this music a lot. It's quite an eerie track.

5 :9 : RE1 : Vacant Flat
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7OIfghQoiQ
                Perhaps more mysterious than creepy, but incredibly effective.

4 : RECV : Death siege
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ29HO-qc50
                It totally fits with the setting : this sort of concentration camp on a mysterious island.

3 : RECV Suspended Doll
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ce_Mu60qks
                Man, I love this music. As a creepy music, it really stands out for me because it's not something you would expect from a biohazard game, in my opinion.

2 : Revelations : Behind
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL1GyiEBsmw
                This music is perhaps my favourite of the game along with Terragrigia panic 2. It begins quite softly and then it becomes creepier as the track goes on.

1 : RE2 : Weapons don't give us relief
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvaKLk6doNs
                Not the best, nor the creepiest, but :
                The first creepy song I've heard in a Resident evil game and the first time I've sensed this "fear" thanks to a videogame. "I'll never forget it".
                Last edited by Grem; 03-10-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Rush of fear !
                  The "Rush of Fear" track from the Resident Evil Gamecube remake.
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-14-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post

3. RE1: Vacant Flat Remix

I just straight up love this version
                    This tune is the first thing that I thought of. Well the REmake version I guess, but basically the same. Creepy shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      Bonus track. REDA : Scream in the Darkness

It's not even a music. It's just a spine-chilling distant wailing.
                      I was going to post this one! I'm listening to it blaring from my wireless speakers in the next room. Definitely enhances the dark ambiance and gets the air a little tense...

Comment

Gun Survivor 4 did have some great music. That track is eerie and dark. It almost sounds like something out of Silent Hill.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Both Sly and Grem already posted some of the creepiest in my book (Suspended Doll, RE2 Library, Putrid Smell, Feel the Tension).

But here's one I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet:

I mean, come on... it has creaking floorboards! That stuff is unsettling, especially with the dissonant piano and eerie strings. And then you have that "BANG!" in there that completely snaps you out of it.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                            Both Sly and Grem already posted some of the creepiest in my book (Suspended Doll, RE2 Library, Putrid Smell, Feel the Tension).

But here's one I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet:

I mean, come on... it has creaking floorboards! That stuff is unsettling, especially with the dissonant piano and eerie strings. And then you have that "BANG!" in there that completely snaps you out of it.
                            I admit this tune is quite eerie but oddly relaxing and nostalgic but that bang made me jump so hard the first few times.

Comment

5. RE Outbreak ending theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eZLnrydhUsE
                              I dont know why but it was creepy. Prob cause im about to see a city i just escaped get nuked.

4. RE 3 city streets theme:
                              Although several years had passed since I've played Resident Evil 3, I still love that game and its soundtrack. Here a beautifully scary music you can hear w...

Song makes you think nemesis will jump out at you randomly, or some other zombies. Also you can feel and taste the retro theme. I wish RE music would go back to like it was in the classics.

3. Resident Evil 2 Save Room: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VaYvcjxHY
                              makes you feel kinda safe, yet also makes you jumpy thinking MrX will jump through the wall.

2. Resident Evil 1.5 Lab Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmKAW7TMzxU
                              Makes you think something is about to rip you in 2 and then use a large fork and eat your intestines like spaghetti.

1. Resident Evil 1.5 RPD Theme (elza version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tJ8evDkSUk
                              Need i say more? Probably the most intense RE theme i heard, and very creepy.

Comment

Working...
                              X