Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found an interesting article from before the first Resident Evil movie came out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go with Cole Hauser. Ever since I saw him in Pitch Black, I felt he would be a perfect Albert Wesker.

Also, I was recently attempting to contact an agency to track down previous drafts of Resident Evil. I haven't heard a word from them, and they have a response time of 2-5 business days. So I'm gonna chalk it up to them just ignoring the request, even though its their business. Hmm, maybe I will search around for another agency...
    Current writing project: Resident Evil: Origins (screenplay)

Comment

Thanks Rob, very interesting read about what's happened with Romero.

Not sure about this sentence, thought: "Especially before filming a single frame of a film that was also now quite spoiled as the casting call hit numerous movie and gaming news sites linking to Biohazard Extreme's continued coverage of the news and following backlash."
      Do you mean that BHE wasn't supporting the movie? I do remember that Rammy was *extremely* supportive of Anderson's movie, and was quite mad at me, because one of BHFR member created the ACREF (Association Against the Resident Evil Movie - the name was a joke, by the way, even if the website was very serious in its many complaints against Anderson's project)
      Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Who here doesn't remember that cool sticker on the RE2 packaging promoting the chance to be a zombie(?) in the Romero directed film ? Anyway, if it's not too much of a hassle could someone who has read the Romero script give us a quick bullet point version of the main plot points? I can't go through it myself right this second, and I don't mind spoilers.
        Last edited by Lead belly; 04-09-2013, 04:17 AM.

Comment

@imacwesker - Cheers

I remember that. He was against Andersons film, and I am happy to get a quote from him right now on that if you want. in fact I can probably find the news posts from 2001 regarding the casting call and his negative reaction as well.

You are mistaken however. What I recall about that site is he was against what the site was asking for as there was already a petition against the movie which he was supporting and having a second site which was making aggressive points against the movie was counter to just supporting that petition. I am fairly certain he got into a public disagreement about it in a few places including against you as I recall.

Ironically he and I made a site about the movie in an attempt to win a UK competition in 2002 which you may recall, and personally that is the only time I remember him being positive about it. In writing the article we actually were discussing all of this history when I was looking for the early chronology I wrote.
          Last edited by Rombie; 04-09-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I remember the day the soldiers vs supercomputer news broke. ...and people thought the RE5 Jill 'death' was bad.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Lead belly View Post
              Who here doesn't remember that cool sticker on the RE2 packaging promoting the chance to be a zombie(?) in the Romero directed film ? Anyway, if it's not too much of a hassle could someone who has read the Romero script give us a quick bullet point version of the main plot points? I can't go through it myself right this second, and I don't mind spoilers.
              I've read the Romero draft religiously, but it'd be a hassle to sum everything within that script. It clocks in at like 97 pages, but the film itself would probably been closer to 110+, due to the nature of some of the scenes. There is just so much going on, that once the characters descend into the labs (the house in barely visited, and no other areas exist -- btw, it works for the story) it never lets up... They are battling hordes of zombies, zombie sharks, a giant snake, Plant 42, a pack of Hunters, zombie crows, the Tyrant... its just balls-out madness until the finish. Ain't It Cool News did a review about 13 years ago, so I will let them describe it for you...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/7315

Enjoy. Hope you like it.
              Current writing project: Resident Evil: Origins (screenplay)

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                ...and people thought the RE5 Jill 'death' was bad.
                Did they?
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  Did they?
                  The fan reaction to it? Yes.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I found a lot of people to be happy at the idea of a main character finally dying and reactions post-release praised the development but found fault with the fact that "the reveal" was pretty much spelled out before release and lost any impact as a result. The only real negative reaction pre and post-release appeared to come from Jilluminados, simply because the idea of Jill being dead revolted them rather than it being a bad thing in the story (which it wasn't).

Either way, a far cry from a flat-out bad plot with little connection to the franchise it was based on.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by ronin_akikage View Post
                      I've read the Romero draft religiously, but it'd be a hassle to sum everything within that script. It clocks in at like 97 pages, but the film itself would probably been closer to 110+, due to the nature of some of the scenes. There is just so much going on, that once the characters descend into the labs (the house in barely visited, and no other areas exist -- btw, it works for the story) it never lets up... They are battling hordes of zombies, zombie sharks, a giant snake, Plant 42, a pack of Hunters, zombie crows, the Tyrant... its just balls-out madness until the finish. Ain't It Cool News did a review about 13 years ago, so I will let them describe it for you...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/7315

Enjoy. Hope you like it.
                      Thanks. Just read the article and what the writer described was intriguing. "BARRY BURTON, a muscular black man with the heart of a teddy." I mean wtf Romero?! lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X