No announcement yet.

About RE6 storyline (mild RE6 spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About RE6 storyline (mild RE6 spoilers)

Hi guys, after finishing the game and read the files some days ago, I have some questions that came to my mind related to the plot, and its connections with RE2, I see some plot holes but maybe I´m missunderstanding something:

1) Simmons or Wesker?: According to RE6 Ada worked as spy for Simmons, but she refused to keep working with him when he and "The Family" decided to destroy Raccoon City. So, if when she went to Raccoon City to retrieve the G Virus sample it was before Raccoon destruction, that means she was working for Simmons, but it was Wesker who sent her to that mission, so for who was she really working at that time?.

2) At december 2012, in Edonia, Neo Umbrella caught Jake and used him to experiment and improve the C Virus, that`s OK, but why they caught also Sherry if she only has the antibodies for G Virus, and nothing to do with C? and more important, how on earth six months passed after that and nobody in the US government was in charge of looking for her whereabouts and trying to rescue her and Jake? How Leon and the president didn`t noticed about this during several months?

3) After the Raccoon incident the US government took Sherry in order to investigate the G virus and also to protect her from Wesker, who wanted the Virus, and we know Wesker had spies monitoring Sherry during these years, but, does it really makes any sense? If Wesker wanted the G Virus, he already got a sample provided by Ada, why he needed to care about Sherry?
    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

1) Both. She's a contractor and takes jobs from many different people and organizations. She infiltrated Raccoon under Wesker's orders.

2) Most viruses in the series are related in some way genetically and it is possible to continue exchanging genetic information between them to make changes. Also, they were more interested in how the virus adapted to Sherry's body rather than the virus itself, which is why they ran tests on her. Nobody went looking for them because Carla reported them dead. Sherry's mission was top-secret and known only to Simmons, so nobody else in the government even knew she was gone.

3) He was more interested in the G anti-bodies. The government didn't know he already have the G-Virus, so they ran with the assumption that he'd try to get it from Sherry (the only known source of it to them).
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Thanks, more clear now. It`s a shame that personal Ada`s objectives aren`t revealed in RE6 (she doesn`t work just for money, that`s for sure) and we have to waith for another game if hipothetically this is planed to be revealed. She accepts another mission from someone else but I`m not sure if Capcom is going to keep in mind RE6 endings for next games. But there must be a third "boss", since she got away from Simmons on 1998 and from Wesker at some time between 2004 and 2006.

Seems that Wesker relationship with US government was a little complicated, they considered him as a threat, but on the other hand he cooperated with them to finish off Umbrella.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

He didn't cooperate with them. He passed anonymous information to the government that was the final proof needed to bring Umbrella down. With Umbrella out of the way and him in control of their bio weapons data, he added significantly to his own person position.

Basically he exploited the government to further his own goals. Typical Wesker MO.
        Last edited by TheBatMan; 04-19-2013, 06:14 AM.
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

An angle of the series that could really use covering is how the U.S. government even knew about Wesker and the rival company. Leon is fully aware of Ada's association with them in BH4 while some anti-Umbrella activists are aware that the evidence came from an "unregenerate organization."

It's criminal how overlooked the rival company is in general.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
          X