Loads of RE references througout RE6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loads of RE references througout RE6

Did anyone else besides myself notice that the game was riddled with references to mostly older RE games??

Jakes boss remindes me a lot of Nemisis because he stalks and uses tools
    like the plane going down on the city is a reference to degeneration and CVX and when you have to let the thing out of the cargo bay also a reference to CVX

Obviously I cant think of any others right now but playing the game I spotted dozens of resident evil pokes at my brain while playing, I may actually play if for a second time

any thoughts??
    sigpic

Not to mention Chris and Sherry mentioning Claire quite a bit.
    Helena's China outfit looks ALOT like Claire's (the shirt she has in the RE2 Lab but with longer pants)

Oh and the RE Revelations wannabe ship in Chris's and Ada's levels - for all those who didn't have a 3DS .. the enemies were the same as Ooze too (from RE:Rev)
    There were a ton more bit I forget - since RE6 was so terrible.

The problem I had with RE6 is that if felt more like "Hey. We're gonna copy older RE games to show this game is classic"
    The amount of times i heard ''Raccoon City Reunion'' was a joke.
    Capcom is living in the past - they need to get away from Raccoon City TBH.

Its their sad attempt to make the newer games relevent to the decent older ones - just because it has classic elements, doesn't make it classic - RE6 was not scary at all and most of the scares you could see coming..
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Funny, because "Raccoon City Reunion" was used only once in the game. In Ada's campaign.
      Spoiler:

Comment

I don`t see such things in RE6 as intentionals refferences to older games. Simply, everything is already made and it`s hard to be innovative at this point, so it`s not strange that many enemies, dialogue lines and situations may look similar to things we`ve seen in earlier games.

All RE games have elements bassed or even intentionaly copied from previous games, so I don`t see RE6 being the first one who do this.

I can tell a lot of examples...
        Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 04-30-2013, 07:07 PM.
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

This should defo qualify: When Leon and Helena Harper are escaping from Tall Oaks, they commandeer a police cruiser for their use at one point and ride it part of the way. This sequence looks almost exactly like the RE2 opening video, down to some of the camera angles used.

Comment

the references don't change the games quality I'm afraid.

Comment

not saying the quality changed, but the police car scene is one of those references, and im not talking about recycling enemies and elements, im talking about F#$king references here man.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                Funny, because "Raccoon City Reunion" was used only once in the game. In Ada's campaign.
                And didn't make sense since Chris wasn't in Raccoon City at the time of the incident.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  And didn't make sense since Chris wasn't in Raccoon City at the time of the incident.
                  I'm pretty sure Ada says this when she spots Sherry and Jake in China (RE2 William and RE1 Wesker references aswell)

I made a mistype - I meant the mention of Raccoon City in general.

Leon - "It's like Raccoon City all over again."
                  Ada - "Looks like one big Raccoon Reunion"

While a nice touch - yeah the game sucked ass LOL

Comment

She probably refers to people who lived in Raccoon City, altough Chris didn`t were there at the time of the incident he was from Raccoon, and the same goes for Wesker who was Birkin`s partner in a certain way, and both`s sons are partners too in RE6.
                    Anyway, Ada`s campaign is fulfilled with unnecesary and relaxed comments like that, it bothers me the fact that she never loses her calm in any moment, now they point her as the perfect spy while in RE2 she made a lot of mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                      She probably refers to people who lived in Raccoon City, altough Chris didn`t were there at the time of the incident he was from Raccoon, and the same goes for Wesker who was Birkin`s partner in a certain way, and both`s sons are partners too in RE6.
                      Anyway, Ada`s campaign is fulfilled with unnecesary and relaxed comments like that, it bothers me the fact that she never loses her calm in any moment, now they point her as the perfect spy while in RE2 she made a lot of mistakes.
                      In RE2 she was younger and inexperienced, she let her heart get in the way of some decisions and I think that's still a factor when it comes to Leon. Yes, the constant smooth and witty remarks to herself are a bit akward, but that's just how she's been molded over the years: Calm, cool, calculating and always one step ahead of the men(and women).
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                        In RE2 she was younger and inexperienced, she let her heart get in the way of some decisions and I think that's still a factor when it comes to Leon. Yes, the constant smooth and witty remarks to herself are a bit akward, but that's just how she's been molded over the years: Calm, cool, calculating and always one step ahead of the men(and women).
                        I like Ada's character - but they ruined her with RE4 giving her that dumb grapple gun .. totally unrealistic, silly and makes her more like a comic book spy rather that the woman she was in RE2 - she was still manipulative, lying and cool .. but she seemed relatable and real too ..
                        They made the same mistake with Leon and Chris though so go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                          I like Ada's character - but they ruined her with RE4 giving her that dumb grapple gun .. totally unrealistic, silly and makes her more like a comic book spy rather that the woman she was in RE2 - she was still manipulative, lying and cool .. but she seemed relatable and real too ..
                          They made the same mistake with Leon and Chris though so go figure.
                          Yep, the characters used to be a lot more believable. As the years progressed and they became seasoned vets, naturally they would be more composed and better prepared for missions(i.e. more weapons, ammo), but somewhere along the line they transformed in to super heroes, flipping through laser filled hallways, fighting in volcanoes, destroying boulders with their fists, etc.
                          Last edited by REmaster; 05-01-2013, 12:42 PM.
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

And win a fight with a shark-like BOW inside the water LOL. But Chris and Leon are still believable in some way in RE6, they make mistakes, they feel anger or sadness, Ada doesn`t feel anything, she remains calm and joker almost the entire campaign like if nothing could overhelm her, even when jokes are not needed at all. Wesker was also a cold and calculating character, but he at least did show some emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                              Yep, the characters used to be a lot more believable. As the years progressed and they became seasoned vets, naturally they would be more composed and better prepared for missions(i.e. more weapons, ammo), but somewhere along the line they transformed in to super heroes, flipping through laser filled hallways, fighting in volcanoes, destroying boulders with their fists, etc.
                              I know most think RE4 was the one that started that whole action stuff, but the series first went "Hollywood" with CVX. The moment Claire was seen outrunning a helicopter and shooting at enemies ala Lara Croft. Not to mention the cheesy re-introduction of Albert "Neo from the Matrix" Wesker.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X