Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which RE games elevated, and devestated the series, in your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ohmycod
    I also think bringing Wesker back was not a good move
    To be fair I wouldn't be here today discussing RE if Wesker didn't come back. And I'm sure it's the same for a lot of other people. Yes, the resurrection was "lame", but Wesker was the reason why I wanted to follow the story of RE. If it weren't for CV and Wesker's return, I would have stopped the series at RE3.

Comment

I didn't realise there was a lot of dislike for Code Veronica, it's one of my personal favorites

Comment

The game which elevated the franchise was RE2, if it weren`t for its huge succesful the saga would have been finished in 1998 and anybody would be talking about RE anymore. When you made a sequel and that sequel have even better results than the first part and all people tell your game is amazing and want more, you just entablished a franchise.

The main games are 9, not 6, Revelations and Code Veronica are main stories and don`t have number just because Capcom didn`t like to put non-integer numbers in their titles.

And RE4 neither elevated nor ruined the series, it just changed to a new direction and a new game genre, I mean, change is not evolution, change is just change, if you transform a game into a different genre, you are doing something completely different.

RE is strong enough so it can`t be ruined by a single game, we probably need several consecutive bad titles or poor selling titles to break down Resident Evil.
        Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 05-15-2013, 05:04 PM.
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
          To be fair I wouldn't be here today discussing RE if Wesker didn't come back. And I'm sure it's the same for a lot of other people. Yes, the resurrection was "lame", but Wesker was the reason why I wanted to follow the story of RE. If it weren't for CV and Wesker's return, I would have stopped the series at RE3.
          For me in a lot of ways Re 3 was the last official re game based in Raccoon City.

Yes the Wesker returning was cool, but it may have been better without it in my opinion. The resident evil story without Wesker was fine the way it is, as was the Arklay Mansion outbreak without the Marcus storyline. The epilogues after Re 3 were going somewhere with the story and then instead Barry is never heard from again, and Wesker makes a return and I actually found him to be a bit annoying in CV. His character in UC and beyond was awful, it didn't even seem like Wesker by this point. Although CV was a good game, it's when the action started getting a bit too much and the series started veering towards RE4. This again is just my opinion and I just knew that an action Re game wasn't far away. Furthermore Wesker's report just ruined the storyline for me somewhat.

Comment

And RE4 neither elevated nor ruined the series, it just changed to a new direction and a new game genre, I mean, change is not evolution, change is just change, if you transform a game into a different genre, you are doing something completely different.
            Sorry I disagree Re 4 did ruin the series for me. Yes it changed direction but to the point where the game no longer felt like Resident Evil, and that's the problem!

RE is strong enough so it can`t be ruined by a single game, we probably need several consecutive bad titles or poor selling titles to break down Resident Evil.
            No Resident Evil like any game series will always be strong because of the superior Outbreak games and the original trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
              Gonna have to agree here. Also most people aren't aware that Wesker's revival was meant to be fully explained a lot sooner and was intended as a tie-in to a rather big plot point (Progenitor Virus).
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

That sounded better than what actually came about.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                  Generally Elevated
                  RE1 (00->50)
                  RE2 (50->80)
                  RE3 (80->85)
                  RECV (85->85)
                  REmake (85->100)
                  RE0 (100->95)

Generally Devastated

RE: Outbreak 1&2 (95->65)

RE4 (65->00)...(00->80)
                  RE5 (80->50)
                  RE6 (50->50)

IMHO...
                  You still didnt follow the format! stop making me sadder!

Comment

Some of us would rather speak english than algebra.

Comment

Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                      RE was a horror series, but now its just HORRIBLE to play.
                      I like you.
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                      X