• Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil psp???

Click image for larger version

Name:	sony-e309-keynote-0901-rm-eng.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	406223

Revealed at Sony's 2009 E3 press conference. Said to be "A whole new game". I think most of us have forgotten about this one.

Would absolutely love to hear some new info (or speculation) on it.

Too bad it was obviously cancelled. Wonder what it would've been about.
    Last edited by Lead belly; 05-17-2013, 11:22 AM.

Well here's my two cents. Based on the pic, and in light of revelations, I think it could've been set in a Terragrigia style island..

Comment

Highly likely it became Revelations.

Revelations is *kinda* a prequel to RE5, which also released around the same time this was confirmed. Likely, this would of released soon after had it been completed, but later was probably brought into development hell. Eventually it found ground on the 3DS and became revelations. Thats just what i think.

Also judging by the photo, it may of also been some sort of Outbreak port or sequel that got dropped. It may not even be cancelled at all, it just may be in development for Vita or something. Who knows.

Also due to nothing at all being revealed about it, its also likely it never got past storyboard.
      Last edited by ccrogers15; 05-17-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Some say it became Revelations, others say it became ORC due to the "whole new game" with a style unlike anything in previous titles, and some say it was going to be an outbreak kind of game. It was interesting at the time but I was personally glad it never saw the light of day since I had just sold my PSP not a week before it's announcement and then in turn had to get RE5 Gold edition, ORC, Revelations and a 3DS to play it on. That hole in my wallet is still burning, and here I am buying Revelations again lol.
        Last edited by REmaster; 05-17-2013, 01:48 PM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
          Also due to nothing at all being revealed about it, its also likely it never got past storyboard.
          Most probably this. Capcom already stated that Revelations was made specifically for the 3DS, and that ORC had nothing to do with REP. I think they just toyed with the idea, threw together some artwork and went "hey look we're making this" but in fact it got scrapped pretty quick and no one cared to officially tell us.

Comment

I think it's a pretty safe guess that Revelations became the original PSP title, a deal or lack of PSP success could have forced Capcom to get into bed with Nintendo. Well when I say get into bed with Nintendo I should say they continued their dedicated love.
            Last edited by shanemurphy; 05-17-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
              Some say it became Revelations, others say it became ORC due to the "whole new game" with a style unlike anything in previous titles, and some say it was going to be an outbreak kind of game. It was interesting at the time but I was personally glad it never saw the light of day since I had just sold my PSP not a week before it's announcement and then in turn had to get RE5 Gold edition, ORC, Revelations and a 3DS to play it on. That hole in my wallet is still burning, and here I am buying Revelations again lol.
              It wouldnt be possible for it to be ORC, because back in early 2011, the developer was open on reporting the progress, and it was only 40% complete.

Unless the developer was being very lazy and procrastinating, im pretty sure this was not related to ORC.

Comment

I always wondered what they were going to do with the game, although by the looks of the announcement, they probably didn't have anything.

Comment

I bought a PSP for this. That'll learn me

Comment

Originally posted by veronesis View Post
                    I bought a PSP for this. That'll learn me
                    Me too man! We should start some sort of "Sucker's Only" treehouse club XD.

Comment

Theres still alot of good in the PSP aside from buying it "For nothing".

You can mod it, you can download the original 3 RE games and survivor, you can load 1.5 on it, and a ton more awesome things.

My PSPGo is modded and i use it for playing RE1,2,3 and survivor on the go.

Comment

I need to learn how to do that. Is there a F.A.Q. somewhere that explains how?

Comment

Originally posted by veronesis View Post
                          I need to learn how to do that. Is there a F.A.Q. somewhere that explains how?
                          Just look online for the PSP 6.60 CFW. I cant link to it, but you can choose a temporary or permanent softmod. You will need to launch the softmod everytime you want to play a ISO if you choose temp. The only good thing about temp, is you can easily remove it, and access the store. With the perma mod, you cant access the store and warranty will be void.

Comment

Yea it's pretty straightforward. All you need to do is download/install the latest firmware from the PSN store onto your PSP (Or download it online). Then as ccrogers15 pointed out, download the custom firmware 6.60 CFW from the web. Transfer the CFW files onto your PSP's memory card (PSP>GAME - format your card through your PSP if you haven't already or you won't have these folders, or just make them yourself). Then, under the "Game" tab on the PSP, go to the memory stick. The custom firmware update should be there for you to install. After it has finished installing, NOW you can install and play RE 1.5. Now to do that you simply create a folder called whatever you want (RE 1.5) and put the RE 1.5 ISO inside it, then copy that folder into the "Game" folder on the memory card - the same folder where you put the CFW software. It will now show up under the "Game" tab inside the same place you found the CFW. Play the game, and enjoy.

EDIT: CORRECTION. I just tried using the RE 1.5 ISO myself and it does not work as is. Apparently you have to do this extra step of converting the psx ISO into psp format. I have personally never had to do this since most "backups" of psp-psx games I find online are already PSP compatible (which will work). But I know there's a program people use to convert psx games not released on the PSN store to a format psp can recognize. Just google.

So, short of someone generously posting their converted RE 1.5 psp iso file on here, you'd have to convert it yourself. Sorry dude!
                            Last edited by Lead belly; 06-01-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

If anyone wants a preconverted copy of 1.5 for psp drop me a message in my inbox and I'll get it out to you

Comment

Working...
                              X