The Tale of 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    I didn't even have internet access back then, let alone membership, and I don't think that anyone I know of on THIA was a member of that original forum either (maybe Mark?).
    Unfortunately, not.

I've known of the cancellation of 1.5 since about 1997, found the geocities site around 1999 and joined both Bioflames and THIA (rebirth/current) back in 2005.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
      though the team talks about knowing more than whats in the 40% build, and according to Zork the bioflames build has no voice acting, makes you wonder.
      Yeah, they directly stated in the main thread that they had information (though not assets) from later builds (the "Bioflames" build likely being one of them).

---

@Mark & Wesker

Sorry that I got you guys mixed up, I have to get my stories straight. I'm looking through the screenshots from the old GeoCities page and I can't tell whether I haven't seen some of them before or the images are victims of merciless compression.
      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 06-04-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Okay, using the way back machine archive to look around the old Bioflames website, Inflames' 80% Source screenshots are present on the various pages even as far back as the June 6th, 2000 archive (the earliest I could find on there). So, at least as far back as June, 2000 he had the screenshots from the 80% Source.

Comment

• I'm not sure I was part of it, but I definitely visited that site often. 1997 is when I had net access and I discovered RE. I was already obsessed with 1.5. I remember the rumors it would be playable in one of the dualshock editions. I'm a bit more excited to learn that what was released last year is only 40% complete and there's an 80% build somewhere.
          Last edited by The_15th; 06-04-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
            Okay, using the way back machine archive to look around the old Bioflames website, Inflames' 80% Source screenshots are present on the various pages even as far back as the June 6th, 2000 archive (the earliest I could find on there). So, at least as far back as June, 2000 he had the screenshots from the 80% Source.
            There was a website back in 2011 that was bioflames.net, it's the same Bioflames from 2000 in Wayback Machine.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Kim sporadically posted timed updates to the site and most major ones I recall were likely early to mid 2000, because they were in the early days of me running RESitez (which I started in the later part of 1999). That's not to say more weren't posted later because I know there was various video put up later as well. In later versions of the site Kim dated those updates.

I wish I could remember more but I have only ever had a passing interest in anything 1.5 so I don't remember much more.

Comment

• I took notice of 1.5 on the Internet around winter/spring of 2001 and the Bioflames gallery of 1.5 screenshots were already there. I specifically remember this because it was close to summer vacation from school and I stayed up all night and the following morning researching 1.5 in excitment. It was the first time I saw any media concerning 1.5 since it was scrapped.

SurvivHor, Bioflames, and New Blood were the places I frequented on a daily basis at the time.
                Last edited by Graco; 06-05-2013, 04:39 PM.
                sigpic
                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I had magazines from back in the day but never got full access to the internet till 2004. I started researching on the internet and BioFlames probably in 2007 (funnily enough) but didn't really have enough interest to be a consistent member of the community until around 2010. It was actually people's work with the Trial Edition that hooked me, the allure of what could have been is what keeps me going because it's interesting to see how things change over time and how things are put together. I guess when something truly is one of your favourite games the history and development is just as interesting and addictive as the games them selves.

Comment

• I first heard of it in 1999, back when I was researching a book I was writing on the video game industry. As with my experiences with RE2, however, it didn't really register with me until many years later. If it hadn't been for Fumio Yamaguchi (one of my collaborators on the RETV project back in 2007-2010) and his insistence that we do an RE15-based episode for my RETV series, I probably would still be blissfully in the dark - and I would have missed out on being part of one of the great "long lost games now found" experiences in video game history.
                    Last edited by RMandel; 06-05-2013, 11:44 PM.
                    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      I should explain this a little - 1.5 was actually found a long time ago, but the individual with the disc was unwilling to sell. After years of communicating with the guy who owned the disc, my friend was the one he went to with an offer. We are talking years of dedication here.

But the price was high. I’ve seen a few numbers thrown around, so here’s the one you want. $8000. Yes, those three zeroes are not a typo. Eight grand in US currency. I said I could throw in a few hundred once everything was confirmed (a very nice video was promptly sent to me) but between the two of us we weren’t comming close.
                      You know, I, like most people here, have thought all this time that Curator was the source of Team I.G.A.S. RE 1.5 Build, but this quote right here from Darkmoon flat out disproves it. He mentioned that the person who sold them the disk (this was in early 2012) had to send them a "very nice video" to prove that they actually owned RE 1.5, if this had actually been Curator, his PSM videos of RE 1.5 have been well known since 2007, and no such "very nice video" would be needed, so that throws him out. Hmmm, are we still so sure now that the PSM Build and I.G.A.S. Build are exactly the same, if they came from different source discs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
                        You know, I, like most people here, have thought all this time that Curator was the source of Team I.G.A.S. RE 1.5 Build, but this quote right here from Darkmoon flat out disproves it. He mentioned that the person who sold them the disk (this was in early 2012) had to send them a "very nice video" to prove that they actually owned RE 1.5, if this had actually been Curator, his PSM videos of RE 1.5 have been well known since 2007, and no such "very nice video" would be needed, so that throws him out. Hmmm, are we still so sure now that the PSM Build and I.G.A.S. Build are exactly the same, if they came from different source discs?
                        Darkmoon also mentioned that there are a few [legitimate discs] floating around. Also, until the seller is identified, we cannot be sure of the IGAS-PSM connection either way.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        It is possible that this guy managed to track down his own copy. I know of several out there.

Comment

• Naming names ain't my thing. I will say there's no evidence that the build IGAS got and the Curator's build are different - they both appear to be the same build, sent out to journalists so they could get a first taste of the game. But we know there were a few other potential owners of that build floating around.

Comment

Naming names ain't my thing. I will say there's no evidence that the build IGAS got and the Curator's build are different - they both appear to be the same build, sent out to journalists so they could get a first taste of the game. But we know there were a few other potential owners of that build floating around.
                            We also know that at least one later build was playable at a (presumably private) event:

Click image for larger version

Name:	demo15pic.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	403061

With Kim and Alzaire now gone, I hope that someone here can identify the event, date, photographer, or any other details about this photograph (it could be a potential lead to more photographs or even video footage).

Comment

Naming names ain't my thing. I will say there's no evidence that the build IGAS got and the Curator's build are different - they both appear to be the same build, sent out to journalists so they could get a first taste of the game. But we know there were a few other potential owners of that build floating around.
                              Ah! Knowing that they are the same build is all I wanted to know. So it was a media build send out to multiple journalists, and that explains how multiple people can have the same source build. Who owned the build is not important for anyone to know, respect of privacy and all, just whether the build was the same or different from the PSM build is why I asked.
                              Last edited by Eteponge; 06-07-2013, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• if i'd have been there i would have smashed that plexiglass box and run out with that gray psx like batman! and i hate tham man with leather jacket hes like "what is this little red figure running around like shit... i like crash bandicoot more! ". look how he smiles evil laugh1

anyway this picture and origin and dates are all discussed in bioflames forum i think.. didnt find it though....
                                Last edited by Marvin; 06-07-2013, 03:27 AM.
                                ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

Working...
                                X