Resident Evil Mysteries/Inconsistencies Inquiry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Mysteries/Inconsistencies Inquiry Thread

Inquire about anything you might consider "unexplained" or inconsistent (as far as you know) in the RE storyline.

I'll start with these two:

-Ada surviving the gunshot plus the fall in RE2. Seemed pretty damn impossible if you ask me. I don't remember if this was from the cannon Claire A/Leon B scenarios or not. But if it wasn't then that would make Wesker's report pretty erroneous then.
    At 15:03, from Wesker's report:

You see Ada get shot and fall. Then Wesker explains that he saved her, but doesn't say how.

-Rebecca Chambers' amnesia in RE1, completely forgetting anything from Zero. I mean was this ever explained somewhere? Seems pretty odd to me.
    Last edited by Lead belly; 06-09-2013, 11:06 AM.

Who fired the gun shot in the opening of Chris' scenario in BIO1?

Comment

Originally posted by Lead belly View Post
      -Ada surviving the gunshot plus the fall in RE2. Seemed pretty damn impossible if you ask me. I don't remember if this was from the cannon Claire A/Leon B scenarios or not. But if it wasn't then that would make Wesker's report pretty erroneous then.
      The canon version is Ada being electrocuted during T-103 battle. Ignore Wesker´s Report, it´s bullshit.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

1) Canonically, Ada doesn't fall. The video of Wesker's Report was rushed and not made by the writers, so it has inconsistencies with everything else even though the text itself is sound.
        2) BH0 was made after BH1. That's really the only reason.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
        Who fired the gun shot in the opening of Chris' scenario in BIO1?
        It's Kenneth in both scenarios.

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
        The canon version is Ada being electrocuted during T-103 battle. Ignore Wesker´s Report, it´s bullshit.
        Ignore the video. There's nothing wrong with Wesker's Report itself.
        Last edited by News Bot; 06-09-2013, 12:43 PM.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

^ what Newsbot said. xD

Why else would Capcom use Claire A/Leon B scenario's in all future references to RE2 (RE Umbrella Chronicles -Ada's level artwork ,Darkside Chronicles, RE: ORC)

BioZero was made after RE1 so, thats why. Umbrella Chronicles had it about right I think .. not perfect but better than nothing.

And yeah, Ken in both scenarios as the shot comes from the west end of the mansion - where the first zombie/ kenneth's body always is.
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

A bit off topic, but found something curious on Leon/Claire/A/B, correct me if I`m wrong, it´s been years time since I played RE2 last time:

The Birkin`s briefcase from Hunk`s FMV has inside 14 G-Virus samples, Birkin extracts one of them before Hunk steals the briefcase, So Hunk get 13 samples, Birkin keeps 1, and there is a last one on Sherry`s pendant. So there was a total amount of 15 G samples. However, all samples from briefcase were broken due to G-Birkin attack, except one, the one which Hunk seized back.

Since sample on Birkin`s hand was used by him, only two remained: one from the briefcase and one from pendant.

However, if we analyze both scenarios:

If we play canon scenario (Claire A / Leon B), Ada gets the sample from Sherry`s missing pendant and since there is no mention on another sample we can assume Hunk gets the last one.

But if we play Leon A / Claire B, Leon throws away a sample after Ada`s fall and Claire throws pendant sample to the lava. So most likely both samples are destroyed and both Hunk and Ada fail in their mission.

So, no G Virus samples would have been given to Wesker and Umbrella if Leon A / Claire B would be the canon scenario?
            Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 06-09-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

HUNK never seized a sample from the case. He obtained the sample from Sherry's pendant, after it was already recovered by Ada and taken from her "corpse" by Leon, who then threw it away only for HUNK to acquire it. This is why Ada doesn't have the pendant sample in Umbrella Chronicles, she instead recovered a tissue fragment containing the virus from G-Birkin. That is how the rival company obtained the virus.

All four scenarios in BH2 are canon. Precise events are dictated by later games and material while the rest is left up for the player to decide.

Comment

But that`s pretty confusing and never even pretended in RE2. Leon only gets and throws away the sample from Ada in the Ada`s fall which is not the canon "dead". And how/when Ada could extract a tissue fragment from Birkin`s body if he completely blow and burn with the entire lab in front of Leon and Claire?, Ada had no time to approach him and extract anything (she was also injured to be so fast). It`s hard to me to take anything from Umbrella Chronicles that doesn`t fit with the original RE2 as a fact, and actually, what she shows to Wesker in UC is not a tissue fragment but a real G sample.

Comment

Guys do you think Joseph Frost has turned into a zombie after she was killed by cerberus is why didn't the game?

Comment

It doesn't matter if it's not explicitly shown. That's how it is. Much in the same way it's impossible to have every surviving S.T.A.R.S. member escape the mansion and despite either Chris or Jill shown to be imprisoned, they actually weren't. The first two games are a very literal mash-up of events.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      1) Canonically, Ada doesn't fall. The video of Wesker's Report was rushed and not made by the writers, so it has inconsistencies with everything else even though the text itself is sound.

Ignore the video. There's nothing wrong with Wesker's Report itself.
                      Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                      ^ what Newsbot said. xD

Why else would Capcom use Claire A/Leon B scenario's in all future references to RE2 (RE Umbrella Chronicles -Ada's level artwork ,Darkside Chronicles, RE: ORC)

BioZero was made after RE1 so, thats why. Umbrella Chronicles had it about right I think .. not perfect but better than nothing.

And yeah, Ken in both scenarios as the shot comes from the west end of the mansion - where the first zombie/ kenneth's body always is.
                      Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up guys.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        It doesn't matter if it's not explicitly shown. That's how it is. Much in the same way it's impossible to have every surviving S.T.A.R.S. member escape the mansion and despite either Chris or Jill shown to be imprisoned, they actually weren't. The first two games are a very literal mash-up of events.
                        It`s not clear anyway. The G tissue issue I mentioned on my last post doesn`t fit in neither RE2 nor REUC.

And if the sample that Hunk got was the one that Leon threw away, that means he luckilly found that sample in the very bottom of the lab, and both RE2 and REUC point that his escape started in the area between sewers and RPD underground, right near the sewer corridor where the battle against Birkin took place.
                        Not to mention that assault on Birkin´s lab was on 20th or 21th and Hunk escapes from Raccoon on 30th. What the hell was he doing during all that time?

I still see it pretty cloudy, no matter how they try to explain the events, they allways leave the details unclear or slightly change them with every new game, video, book or whatever. Not even Capcom seems to know how some things exactly happened.

Comment

It fits perfectly fine, there is no G tissue issue. Timing wasn't an issue, "G" was a goopy mass for a while before attacking the train (this is most likely when she recovered the tissue fragment, I highly doubt she chased down a fucking train) and Ada was strong enough to carry a Stinger missile launcher around. She took a tissue fragment. There's no arguing that. We don't know where Leon threw the sample away. Again, what is shown isn't precisely what happens in the first two games. The U.S.S. infiltrated the laboratory on September 23.

I wouldn't doubt what CAPCOM knows just because you can't wrap your own head around it.

Comment

OK, you are the absolute owner of the truth and RE doesn`t have any inconsistencies.

Comment

Looks like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X