Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Need Help with Resident Evil 1 Rebuilder !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help with Resident Evil 1 Rebuilder !

I want to be able to play the dualshock version with the original soundtrack instead, i heard that it can be done by Re1 rebuilder, but i don't know how to use it ! Any help from you guys would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2013, 04:01 AM.

What exactly is this and how does it work? I am so lost!

Comment

We're on the same boat buddy, i always wanted to play RE1 with analog stick, but the new soundtrack is unbearable !

Comment

There's a readme included that gives the basic steps of rebuilding. What problems are you having?
        The rebuilders allow replacing any file without size restrictions. The game usually has a protection system that prevents that. But these allow the games to be fully modable. replacing a model, background, music, sound, movie, or anything else, anything's possible.

Only limitation is your imagination and determination.

Comment

I just want a simple tutorial on how to extract the music files from the original version and add them to the dualshock version !
          Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
            I just want a simple tutorial on how to extract the music files from the original version and add them to the dualshock version !
            Well writing a tutorial will only teach you to be able to read tutorials. Your gonna have to use your head a little bit.

To start you'll need re1_rebuilder and cdtools from that link you posted. Now read the readme and follow the instructions. Put the re1mod folder in c: \ then extract the files from re1 dcds with cdmage. Then extract the files from the the original re1.

You want the BGM(background music). My guess is that they're in the "sound" folder. But there's other sound fx in there, how do you know which are the bgm? Well you could look at the time stamps. Some are from 1996, others '98', the replaced bgm is from '98' - makes sense. Or you could just replace the whole sound folder.

So copy and paste all the files from dcds to the re1mod folder, then copy the files from the sound folder of the original re1 to re1mod sound folder. Then run the included .BATs in order XA,1,2,3. that rebuilds the image and the executable, then you just replace the slus in the rebuilt image with the newly created slus file in cdmage. And if you did everything right it will work.

Test it in an emu, when your in the main hall after you investigate the dining room, you should hear the synth score instead of the orchestral BGM.

*please don't release that mod though, I'm planning something to showcase the power of the rebuilders.

And this probably should have been in the modding sub forum.

Comment

or if all else fails. Just ask/pay someone around here to create it for you. I'm sure someone with expertise on this will be happy accommodate you . If I had a clue how, I'd do it for you for free.

Comment

I couldn't start the process because the bat files are incompatible with 64bit system that i have, any ideas ?

Comment

well try this

You should explicitly run the cmd.exe version you want and have it execute your batch file:

For executing in 64-bit: C: \Windows\system32\cmd.exe /C path\to\batchfile
                  For executing in 32-bit: C: \Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe /C path\to\batchfile

So in simple terms, open the cmd(you may have to cd to the re1mod directory) and drag the .BATs on the cmd.exe.
                  I think you want this one "C: \Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe"
                  Last edited by RekseW; 06-12-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Okay, now all i have to do is to import newslus to replace slus007 right, how do i do that with cdmage ?
                    Edit: Sorry i was using an old version of cdmage !
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

That worked for you then?

Yes replace slus007.47 with newslus, in cdmage highlight the file, right click and choose "import".

Comment

Nah after the warning screen, it stay in black screen, anyway i will do a fresh start tomorrow, but before that, should i place slus007, system.cnf and znull.dat in the root of re1mod folder or inside psxusa folder ?

Comment

Nah after the warning screen, it stay in black screen, anyway i will do a fresh start tomorrow, but before that, should i place slus007, system.cnf and znull.dat in the root of re1mod folder or inside psxusa folder ?
                          Yeah those files should be outside of the "PSXUSA" folder, just like on the disc.

so you don't see the capcom video? sounds like you didn't run the xa.bat or ran it more than once. Notice your only suppose to run xa.bat once. it should have made backups of the originals.

Comment

Million thanks mate, i did everything from the start and it worked like a charm, but im gonna have to redo the whole process again because the FMV's are recorded with the new soundtrack as well, anyway thanks again !

Comment

Originally posted by Lead belly View Post
                              or if all else fails. Just ask/pay someone around here to create it for you. I'm sure someone with expertise on this will be happy accommodate you .
                              No don't pay for mods
                              And I'd like to see someone try without using those tools. doubt many people have expertise on this subject.

Million thanks mate, i did everything from the start and it worked like a charm, but im gonna have to redo the whole process again because the FMV's are recorded with the new soundtrack as well, anyway thanks again !
                              Nice to hear it worked out. if you want - mention your success story over in my thread in the modding sub forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X