Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil References in other media

Hello Everyone,
    I was wondering if you guys knew any resident evil references that appear on television, music, movies or in any other form in pop culture. I actually only have one I know of:

On the TV show Smallville, I believe it was in the season 9 episode 3 entitled 'Rabid' a kryptonian desease escpapes in metropolis and turns people into zombies. It is not clear if they eat flesh or not, but in a scene in the masion were Oliver Queen is blowing up zombies with a shotgun. The first thing he said was something like this: "I got a call whilst the mansion got all Resident Evil." I'm afraid I don't know it by heart, but I thought it was a cool reference ... I also thought it was out of charackter because the cast of Smallville normally doesn't go off on a killing spree.

So here's my question: Do you know any shows , movies etc.. or anything else for that matter that mentions Resident Evil or the beloved cahrackters?

Regards,

Dead Artist

BH4 is featured in a conversation in Breaking Bad.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      BH4 is featured in a conversation in Breaking Bad.
      Really? omg that's awesome. I watched the show, but I can't remember it.

Comment

i was told about an episode of spaced that references RE2 often.

i never watched it but i just found this clip...

the title should say resident evil 2, not dawn of the dead. i have to go watch this episode now.

Comment

Simon Pegg plays BH2 for most of that episode and quotes it later on.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

hell yeah, i liked the way the incorporated the music into the episode, and the scene at the end was awesome.

the full episode is on hulu, series 1 episode 3, and i recommend it even if you don't like british humor (like me)
            Last edited by J0shuaKane; 06-12-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Someone said Spaced already? Dang it!

Comment

There's a reference to Raccoon City on Robot Chicken. Let me pull up the clip.

My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Pegg and Edgar Wright wouldn't have their careers as they are now without that episode of Spaced, it's what caused them to discuss the idea that led to Shaun of the Dead.

One of the other earliest I can remember is in the Gorlliaz music video for 'Clint Eastwood' from early 2001 there is a T-Virus t-shirt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	762679_1325175077836_476_442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	403093

Edit - now with added super attached picture!
                  Last edited by Rombie; 06-12-2013, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I remember an episode of Billy and Mandy where they had this scene called "President Evil." I think Mandy quarreled with a zombified Abraham Lincoln in a cemetery.
                    Last edited by Lead belly; 06-15-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

@J0shuaKane - how dare you! hehe .. British have some of the best humour (only coz most American's don't understand it) no offense guys

I remember seeing a poster somewhere in my hometown that was pretty funny.
                      A photoshopped image of Chris/Jill from RE Remake with George Bush and Tony Blair's heads on - Titled 'President Evil' (in RE Remake font)
                      Made me giggle a little.

And who can forget the "Jill's Sandwich" shop in Dead Rising 1 LOLz
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

This is kind of off topic but in The Last Of Us, there is a trophy called "master of unlocking" .
                        Last edited by Lead belly; 07-01-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Yep I saw that trophy and thought "Hell yeah, RE1!". It was a nice nod to old survival horror games. I still think this game is what RE5/RE6 should have been. It's a much better game than them.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

The 2006 movie "Grandma's Boy", you can see a Resident Evil 4 poster on one of the walls. There's also some Metal Gear Solid stuff in that movie.

Comment

Working...
                            X