No announcement yet.

RE2 (GC) Vs. RE3 (GC) [Need buying advice]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when i played the game for the first time 13 years ago, it took me nearly two hours of wondering around to find that goddamn fire hose, and of course back then i didn't have any internet connection or even a guide to help me out with this game !

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
      Still waiting on the delivery?

I started playing RE3 again today (PC Version per News Bot's recommendation), and in one sitting I got to the Clock Tower chapter on Hard mode. I suppose when I was young it seemed like an eternity to get to this point (it's been many years since I've played, and I'm not insanely good like many members here are). I'm curious to see what you think of this section of the game and how well you do the first time around (at 10 years old it took me over a week!).
      Aye, on its way, but I've got some things going on that will delay my playthrough for a while. Not that big of a deal, so long as I have it!
      sigpic

Comment

I just finished it. It took me WAY less time than CVX and 4 on PS3 (3.5 hours), so don't worry about making a huge commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
          Still waiting on the delivery?

I started playing RE3 again today (PC Version per News Bot's recommendation), and in one sitting I got to the Clock Tower chapter on Hard mode. I suppose when I was young it seemed like an eternity to get to this point (it's been many years since I've played, and I'm not insanely good like many members here are). I'm curious to see what you think of this section of the game and how well you do the first time around (at 10 years old it took me over a week!).
          first time i was stuck at the hall entrance, no jewel.

now i see no matter the order of places(newspaper, restaurant, gas station, power plant), you get the needed stuff.

Comment

RE2 looks even worse on the n64 because they cropped the backgrounds then scretched them out, their not even at the correct 4:3 aspect ratio shame because the n64 backgrounds have better colours the original psx backgrounds are pale.

psx background

n64 background
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mikhail; 07-17-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

N64 backgrounds are not stretched, nor horizontally or vertically. Angel Studios only removed the vertical overscan area (which isn't visible on old TVs, so it's quite useless and saves a little bit of space) and applied JPEG instead of MDEC or ADT. Other than that, it's just the same stuff in lower quality because of the high compression rate. Also, PlayStation MDEC backgrounds are not pale, if enjoyed on something that correctly decompresses them. Use real hardware or a PSP to get them the way they're supposed to look like - most emulators simply don't get 15 bit MDEC decompression+approximation as it was meant to work.
              Last edited by Gemini; 07-18-2013, 02:38 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

You should get both, because they are both awesome remakes with highly touched up graphics, just like REmake (2002)
                "This isn't a joke, you idiot! I was just attacked by a big-ass lizard!" - Rei Kurosawa from Haunting Ground for the Xbox 360, released in 1998. sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MioAmakurasButt View Post
                  You should get both, because they are both awesome remakes with highly touched up graphics, just like REmake (2002)
                  Imma lol when the moderators shoot you in the face

Comment

Both are great games and just nice to have if you collect games. Getting both at some point would be your best option, if I had to pick one, I'd go with RE2 first than RE3, 2 just offers something that three doesn't; even though Resident Evil 3 is probably the more advanced game.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-18-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X