Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about the RE15 Factory stage ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about the RE15 Factory stage ...

Since we're about talked out on the RE15 Sewers for now, I thought it's about time we head on over to the Factory stage and discuss what happens in there.

Sorry, I don't have a gameplay outline or video data dump for you this time. Most of us pretty much know what's going to happen in this stage of RE15. The key issue as present is working out the proper sequence of events - how all of it is supposed to go together. In other words, we need to figure out how events in Elza's and Leon's games with interrelate AND interact with each other throughout this stage of the game. Our friend biohazard_star has already done a lot of work in that regard (I have some of his early notes), and I know some of the rest of you have, too. As for the rest, I've made some preliminary draft episodes from my "Leon walkthrough" series on YouTube to help you sort things out.

Part 1 (Series Episode 14) - Arrival at the Factory
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Part 2 (Series Episode 15) - The Other Survivors
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Part 3 (Series Episode 16) - Exploring Warehouse #2

Part 4 (Series Episode 17) - Exploring Warehouse #1

Part 5 (Series Episode 18) - Fleeing the Factory

There are a number of things in these videos I KNOW aren't right. Once everyone's agreed on what's really supposed to happen - save in one instance - then I intend to go back and fix them.

The only thing I'm not going to change is how Leon gets the Magnum. The way I show it is unique to my "walkthrough," and I've explained this in the Notes section in the videos. I think you're supposed to have picked that up earlier anyway in the RPD, as in RE2. I'm keeping my way in my videos to clearly distinguish what I've done with what the Team may do later on, once they get to this point in their work. Other than this ONE event (how you get the Magnum), please FEEL FREE to suggest any corrections, revisions, changes, etc. to make my revised videos more like how RE15 might have actually played ...

... and if you want to speculate on how you're really supposed to get the Magnum in the game, I won't be offended. -_^
    Last edited by RMandel; 07-02-2013, 04:35 AM.
    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

The missing room is probably just that, a second larger office. As you can see in the Trial edition, the file for it got overwritten with an early version of the cockroach tunnel from retail. "Site B" and "Warehouse Lift", which are both very much complete and finalized rooms, are also missing from the Trial Edition since they both got overwritten with retail files. Also, the exterior of the admin building actually has windows where the green hallway would be, so I don't think it's actually representative of the interior's layout. Last, I remember reading a while back (not sure if it was Bzork or Birkin) that the room names used in the MZD build were just translated from the Japanese room names that were already present in the vanilla build, so take that as you will.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

Actually I'm in agreement with you there. It's probably just another office in the actual game.

The windows may have been bricked up/covered over from the inside due to a past remodeling. I've seen it happen. There's a couple of old office buildings around here I could point too ...

You know, if you look at those backgrounds, there's a whole front wing to that building that you can never access in the game. Maybe the stairwell's in there. Maybe I'm overanalyzing. Maybe I need to go to bed. Naaah, slept all afternoon, actually. I'm wide awake now. Still ... there SHOULD be a stairwell somewhere to the upper part of that building. Oops, there I go again -- applying real-world logic to a videogame situation.

Y'know, before the RE15 thread got shut down over at ASSEMbler, one of their resident trolls (Machida Goru, I think) was saying almost the same thing - there's an upstairs office in the Admin Building. I don't believe him, of course, but that's an interesting claim to make. I wonder from where it came ....

So ... do you think it makes more sense for Elza to see Ada here, in the Factory, or back in the RPD? We know the two see each other - Kamiya said so in one of the old interviews - we just don't know where. I was thinking either either here in the Factory, probably heading for the Forklift Room; or in the RPD somewhere in the vicinity of the Parking Garage. Your opinion?
      Last edited by RMandel; 07-03-2013, 05:55 AM.

Comment

I am definately convinced that they re used the site designs for some of bh3. This upstairs area if it exists is a weird mystery though and there doesn't appear to be any screenshots of it. It is conceiveable that capcom never built it, or you could be right and that it's a stairwell.

Comment

Well, the Office B/Missing Stairwell issue is probably a dead horse insofar as the Team is concerned, and it's probably best not to beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohmycod View Post
            I am definately convinced that they re used the site designs for some of bh3.
            Hmm..I think that's an interesting thought. Could it be that some of the unfinished locations (not textured, etc.) in 1.5 were later 'finished' to re-purpose them for use in other RE games such as 3?

If so, then I could see a situation wherein perhaps team IGAS or someone else maybe completing some 1.5 rooms based on the groundwork left by Capcom, and then having a finished product that looks uncomfortably familiar.
            Last edited by Lead belly; 07-04-2013, 01:48 AM.

Comment

So ... do you think it makes more sense for Elza to see Ada here, in the Factory, or back in the RPD? We know the two see each other - Kamiya said so in one of the old interviews - we just don't know where. I was thinking either either here in the Factory, probably heading for the Forklift Room; or in the RPD somewhere in the vicinity of the Parking Garage. Your opinion?
              It could have happened in the sewers. It would be pretty neat if Elza saw Ada wandering around in the upper level of the sewer's central hub or something. It would mirror Claire and Ada's scenes in the retail sewer's hub/rotating bridge room. Then again, it could have happened pretty much anywhere. Kinda makes you wonder if John also makes a cameo appearance in Leon's scenario, since seeing Leon's side characters seem to be the general trend in Elza's.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

Originally posted by Hideki Kamiya, 1998 Famitsu interview View Post
                There was a scene where Ada appeared for an instant in the main female character’s scenario, as well as police officer Marvin, who gives you the card key in the police station, being a partner who cooperated as Leon’s senior until the end.
                Like you said, it could be anywhere. I guess we'll have to leave that one to the Team's creative freedom.

Haven't found any data on John appearing in Leon's game - other than that placeholder appearance in the raw 40% build.

Comment

I knew that Marvin met Leon in the 2F Corridor, but I didn't know that he gave Leon a card key. I wonder which one... Perhaps the one that Roy gave Elza?

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmm ... could be!

-----------

EDIT/ADDENDUM - I know I said I wasn't going to beat the dead horse that's Factory Office B, but I thought you might like to see what I said about it over at the RE 123 Modding Forums.

"Well, it's definitely a room. Its backgrounds got overwritten in the BH2 Trial Set; otherwise, they'd be there. Just exactly what purpose that room's supposed to serve ... well ... that's a question that's plagued us for - what? 2-3 years now, guys?

The end of the last cutscene in Sherry's Factory side quest appears to imply that it's this very room where she and John end up during most of Elza's adventuring. They're heading in its direction when the cutscene ends and they end up standing in place at the hallway junction - but still facing that door. What's beyond that door is anyone's guess at this point. A "safe" room, like I first surmised way back then ... another office, as the room name implies ... a stairwell, as real-world logic would suggest ... a combination stairwell-and-upstairs loft office, as someone else here has implied ... who knows? Without those missing backgrounds, we're all reduced to speculating. There's just not anything solid - period. Without additional data that only the 80% build or the original programmers could provide, that's all we (or the Team, for that matter) can ever do - no matter what certain others may assert.

There's something else to remember, too. Given all the data that's been gathered on the Factory stage plus what's been discovered in the Team's MZD build of RE15, it appears to be possible to play the entire Factory stage without ever entering this room. That would seem to imply that there might be something in here that would pique the player's interest and make them want to come in here - as opposed to being absolutely required for gameplay. What that something might be ... I dunno. Your guess is as good as mine at this point. That's the only thing I can come up with to explain why you'd want to go in there -- otherwise, that room can be handwaved away as "the door is locked from the other side" and ignored entirely in any reconstruction."

----------

So ... having beat the dead horse again ... I promise to let the poor thing be unless anyone else wants this stick.

Anyone care to take on the mysteries inside Factory Line B (missing/unplayable in the MZD build)?
                    Last edited by RMandel; 07-06-2013, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X