New Type of Virus's In The Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Type of Virus's In The Series

The series has always had a focus on engineered virus's and human manipulation to use them as a weapon or to their benefit.
    Would you like to see other maybe even natural outbreaks in the series?

I was thinking a while ago about the possibility of a foreign Ebola type illness spreading and the unfortunate survivor faced with protecting him/her self from contracting it. I don't know much about Willpharma but maybe Claire is on a trip in another country nursing children
    when she is caught in a natural virus outbreak.

So would you guys like some natural outbreaks that's not been created by a company or terrorists?

There are so many things wrong with this.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Whats wrong with it? the series could do with something a little different.

Or do you want yet another company/organization to confuse the story even more?
      Last edited by shanemurphy; 07-18-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

A "normal" virus like Ebola would erase everything the series is, it would only really work as a CG movie and even that would be pushing it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the present story being confusing.

Comment

I just used Ebola as a example of a serious illness you might find in a foreign country, it would be exaggerated for the game of course.

And Resident Evil 4 with it's parasites was quite a different direction for the series and it paired off big time, and once again the series needs that type of change.

Comment

You should have been more clear, then. However, it still wouldn't be good for the series. They would have to start introducing countless "super" viruses/bacteria/parasites/fungi etc that are supposedly natural. It isn't much better than the current situation with the viruses having to be bigger and better each game instead of just being different strains of the one virus with different characteristics.

Comment

It could be a good thing going back to basic's, let's take The Last of Us for example, the infected are pretty damn basic but the threat they hold causes the game to be extremely intense and it's quite a basic fungal infection.

Big mutated monsters are nice of course I loved Birkin's forms but I wouldn't mind a more back to basic's infection. Let the fear of the infection do the hard work I say.

Anyway, is there any type of alternative virus or infection or would like to see? or maybe something different like the parasites?

Comment

The Last of Us works because it's The Last of Us. What you want is for BIOHAZARD to start imitating, and we already know that it's at its worst when it tries to mimic.

Comment

Not necessarily imitating the Last of Us, but if Resi took a similar approach to the tension and making the characters seem very vulnerable to the enemies, I'm just saying I would welcome it.

Enemies such as the Comms Officer in Revelations did a good job at that.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	roflbot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	403167
                    Please...just make it stop
                    PSN Gamercards

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                      So would you guys like some natural outbreaks that's not been created by a company or terrorists?
                      It wouldn't work. Something like Ebola only kills it's victims. The whole point of the T- and G-viruses and their variants is that they don't just kill their victims, they then bring the victims back as mindless killing machines, and that's where the excitement of the Resident Evil series comes from. Your desperate fight against the sick mutations. Making the pathogens "merely" lethal would downgrade the series from horror to a thriller status. Not very exciting.

Comment

I didn't make it clear, I don't actually mean the Ebola, I mean a outbreak of a virus not created by a company, I understand if a virus just killed the victims you would not get much of a game out of it! You still get the victim factor to some degree.

I guarantee quite a few fans would have said "The fuck? they are parasites? this isn't Resident Evil" When Resident Evil 4 came along.

And that change in RE4 is what saved the series, which lots of blinded fans seem to not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8974[/ATTACH]
                          Please...just make it stop
                          No need to be so closed minded, if you open your mind to new ideas good things can happen.

Comment

so...basically re4?

/thread

Comment

I'm not blinded by what Resi 4 did to the series, it ruined it. IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X