Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A plethora of Japanese Biohazard articles for BHDC, BH2N64, BH0, CV, BH3! Scans soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A plethora of Japanese Biohazard articles for BHDC, BH2N64, BH0, CV, BH3! Scans soon!

Updates:
    -Gun Survivor is taken care of.
    -So is Resident Evil 2 (N64), Code Veronica (DC), & RE3 (PS1) Review Score

Haven't been here in a while. Over the past few months I've been collecting various Japanese magazines of video games. I came across these articles of the PlayStation/Dreamcast era of Resident Evil games that mostly everyone loves. The articles feature Biohazard: Director's Cut, Biohazard 3, Biohazard 0, Biohazard: Code Veronica. I know how much you guys love archiving this stuff, especially so of Japanese sources, so I thought I'd pay a visit here and report my findings. Since these images I'm posting here are really just crappy photos, I'll be posting high-resolution scans on my Tumblr blog, The Game Informant, in the coming days. Come visit my blog entry .

These are phone photos of the PlayStation Magazine | No. 13 | July 11, 1997 issue. This showcases Biohazard: Director's Cut on the opening page of the magazine. Just the fact that this was featured before the magazine's table of contents just goes to shows the already massive popularity and coverage of the series in Japan.
    Spoiler:

These photos show Biohazard 3 scored two 9s and two 10s in the 65th, July 23, 1999 issue of Famitsu PS, totaling to a 38/40 score.
    Spoiler:

The character Jill is featured prominently in an Capcom article in Famitsu PS, Issue #81, May 12 - 26, 2000, which includes a mention of Biohazard 0 seemingly being compared to Sweet Honey.
    Spoiler:

This top story article is from Weekly Famitsu, No. 668, October 5, 2001 which covers the unveiling of the biohazard remake at Spaceworld 2001 with Mikami taking center stage and shaking hands with Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto. Perhaps this was Mikami's gesture showing an alliance with Nintendo of the time.
    Spoiler:

Biohazard: Gun Survivor, Biohazard 2 (Nintendo 64), and Biohazard: Code Veronica are covered in the February 11, 2000, #76 Issue of Famitsu PS.
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 08-01-2013, 02:14 AM.
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Thanks.

Looking forward to see this material, OKeijiDragon.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
    BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Seems that our cup has runneth over when it comes to RE obscura these days. Seems like Team IGAS really shook loose the interesting bits when they arrived... like a dose of Ex-Lax and a high colonic.
      sigpic

Comment

I would've been all over this magazine stuff if I had a decent way to acquire them.

Can't wait for the scans! As long as they're a good big resolution and there's no blurry or cut-off text we should be able to get translations done in no time.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Awesome stuff, looking forward to these!
          sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

The good old days !

Comment

BH0, hints on BH4, thats amazing!

Comment

Famitsu PS Issue #76 (JP) | February 11, 2000 | Resident Evil: Gun Survivor

Tonight, I post a scan for Resident Evil: Gun Survivor article and review.

Comment

Interesting rating they gave for Gun Survivor.

That CODE: Veronica Bandersnatch image is creepy as hell.

Last edited by Renard; 07-27-2013, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Renard View Post
                    Interesting rating they gave for Gun Survivor.

That CODE: Veronica Bandersnatch image is creepy as hell.

The Bandersnatch creatures creeped me the hell out in general, let alone just that image ~shudders~

Comment

Famitsu PS Issue #76 (JP) | Feb 11, 2000 | BH2 (N64), CV (DC), BH3 38/40, GS stickers

I now have scans of the Biohazard 2 (N64) and Code Veronica (DC) articles, and a BH3 (PS1) review score. This magazine even has stickers for Gun Survivor too! Enjoy.
                      Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 07-28-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X