No announcement yet.

My RE1.5 scans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some great scans, Wesker. Thank you for sharing.
    sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
      Not related but I have updated my GrantBitman Youtube account ( http://www.youtube.com/user/GrantBitman ) with a few videos coming from Sony's archives. If you are into old video games, you may find them interesting ;-)
      Holy crap... The PS2 Silent Hill tech demo in clean and complete form. Awesome.

Comment

Awesome, always wondered where some of those concept art came from. You have any idea what the interview with Mikami says? Was it ever translated?

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
          Not related but I have updated my GrantBitman Youtube account ( http://www.youtube.com/user/GrantBitman ) with a few videos coming from Sony's archives. If you are into old video games, you may find them interesting ;-)
          Nice!
          Exactly what are "Sony's archives"?
          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

That's unfortunate to hear, Wesker. Thanks, nonetheless.

A bit off-topic, but your initial post reminded me of the fears I've been having with my own external hard-drive as of late. I didn't know it was common for external HDs to crash, but I've heard about it more times than I'd like to, and I'm wondering what causes that to happen. I've had mine for about a year and half, use it about 3 to 4 times in a month to update my stuff, but I'm scared that it might stop working someday. Could you guys share some experiences you've had with these occurrences?

Also, Wesker, if I had known you were Grant Bitman, and you were interested in that username for YouTube, I wouldn't have made an account for it. If you want it I can give it to you, seeing as you were, technically, the first Grant Bitman.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
              Nice!
              Exactly what are "Sony's archives"?
              The digital archives of Sony Computer Entertainment America where I am working as a video editor, and sometimes help the guy in charge to digitalize old video tapes/betamcam. But I don't have so much time to do it those days, with all the events public (E3, GamesCom, PAX, TGS) and private (for retailers like GameStop). Also, with the launch of the PS4 on several continents at the same time (and not just in 5 countries like the competition ).

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
              Could you guys share some experiences you've had with these occurrences?
              I have bought 2 external hard drives from the same company, at the same time, to make a back-up of my back-up; big mistake. Both hard drives failed at the same time. Lesson learned: now, I buy one hard drive one day and an other 3 months later, to prevent them to fail at the same time. I usually keep my hard drives 3 years, by the way. With the increase of 4K videos, I may move to RAID solutions like Drobo, thought.

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
              Also, Wesker, if I had known you were Grant Bitman, and you were interested in that username for YouTube, I wouldn't have made an account for it. If you want it I can give it to you, seeing as you were, technically, the first Grant Bitman.
              That's cool, I made the GB account as some kind of joke anyway. I have plenty of accounts on Youtube, depending what I am talking about and with whom. The most popular and widely known is the imacwesker/Albert Wesker one
              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Cool, thanks. What happens to all those tapes once they are digitized? ;)
                lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I can provide FTP space and personal accounts for anyone looking somewhere to back things up securely.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Please keep messing around sony's archive, it's great to see these videos and in such a high quality! Keep them coming!

Also, may I ask where did the Silent Hill 2 video came from and why is it so short?
                    Last edited by Aleff; 09-02-2013, 02:48 AM.
                    Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Speaking of digitized VHS's, someone has uploaded CFC Style '96 Vol.2 & 3, which have Bio1.5 footage:
                      http://www.challegeroftheworves.me/c...ptember-vol-2/
                      http://www.challegeroftheworves.me/c...ecember-vol-3/
                      2,5 GB for 30 minutes is probably the best quality they've ever appeared on the web. From the looks of it pretty recent rips too. There are other CFC Style videos on the site, but none are 1.5 related.

Also imacwesker if I understood correctly it was you who ripped this video: RE1.5 footage from E3 1997
                      If so, could you upload the original file? Youtube compresses the videos even at 720 and with 1.5 every bit counts.

Comment

I'd like to say "I told you so" in reference to leaving material to waste away over the years being an awful idea...

This scan confirms Jill Valentine's heritage. She has a French father and a mother "of Japanese descent."

"フランス人の父と日系人の母を持つ混血。"
                        "Mixed race, French father and a mother of Japanese descent."

In reference to external HDD's, they're a complete waste. You will have much better luck buying a 2.5" HDD (Western Digital preferably) and then buying an external caddy. Much more reliable than pre-built externals.
                        Last edited by News Bot; 09-02-2013, 04:57 AM.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Thank you very much I am so much appreciated!!!

Do you have in pdf??

Comment

Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
                            Speaking of digitized VHS's, someone has uploaded CFC Style '96 Vol.2 & 3, which have Bio1.5 footage:
                            http://www.challegeroftheworves.me/c...ptember-vol-2/
                            http://www.challegeroftheworves.me/c...ecember-vol-3/
                            2,5 GB for 30 minutes is probably the best quality they've ever appeared on the web. From the looks of it pretty recent rips too. There are other CFC Style videos on the site, but none are 1.5 related.

Also imacwesker if I understood correctly it was you who ripped this video: RE1.5 footage from E3 1997
                            If so, could you upload the original file? Youtube compresses the videos even at 720 and with 1.5 every bit counts.
                            I had seen those videos a few weeks ago, but since I've been lurking for the past days, I had completely forgotten about this.

I downloaded those videos and compared the image quality from BH1.5 footages to the ones released by Kim on bioflames.com, and it seems that those digitized VHS' are not that great. My guess is that the VHS degraded over time, as I don't think that which such a huge filesize the person who uploaded would not be aware of the best way to capture the footage and encode the video. Shame, but one of the biggest problems with VHS was always standing the passage of time.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Yep unfortunately that's a truth fact - VHS degrades over time. Otherwise those Bio1.5 trailers have a high chance being better originated from VHS rather than from CDs, because the frame rate is noticeably smoother on the tapes.

Comment

Working...
                              X