No announcement yet.

Ryoji Shimogama Interview - Community Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when can we expect these questions to be answered Newsbot?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
      when can we expect these questions to be answered Newsbot?
      Whenever Mr. Shimogama wants.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I too am curious as to what inspired William Birkin, what the G anette might been like, and is he disappointed that some more of 1.5's ideas were not included in the final game?

Comment

Originally posted by Ohmycod View Post
          I too am curious as to what inspired William Birkin, what the G anette might been like, and is he disappointed that some more of 1.5's ideas were not included in the final game?
          i can use this to make another question, if it does not mind to ask.

Does the RE2 birkin's mutations were inspired by john carpenter's The Thing?

Comment

. I have a few questions to ask you about the transformation of Birkin, his transformation have been inspired by the film (the Fly)?

The transformation 5 was inspired by another film (the deadly fluid Blob)?

Comment

All questions are now being reviewed and will be sent to Mr. Shimogama tonight. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Is it too late to aski? If not I have one.

What are your thoughts on the current direction that the RE series has taken after your departure from Capcom?
                Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 08-14-2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I hope the Wesker face is one of them, always wondered about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                    I hope the Wesker face is one of them, always wondered about that one.
                    Personally I don't think it ever was Wesker's face. I mean why on earth would it be? I think it was just a case of Prime Blue putting two and two together and coming out with five at the time.
                    Last edited by TheBatMan; 08-15-2013, 07:05 PM.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Maybe we can finally find out haha.

Comment

Interview finished and posted.

He doesn't remember as much as Kawamura for example, so it's quite a brief interview with little in the way of details, and we had to remove some questions that were simply "don't know/don't remember."

Comment

Nice little interview, too bad he doesn't remember much.
                          Last edited by alexdz; 08-21-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

It´s weird that he doesn´t remember if he contributed to the story or not, I know it´s been 15 years but, still weird.

Funny that his idea of a T-103 capable of running and using fire weapons was rejected but then, soon after, we got Nemesis.
                            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                              Funny that his idea of a T-103 capable of running and using fire weapons was rejected but then, soon after, we got Nemesis.
                              That's exactly what I thought. Maybe they used his scrapped T-103 concept in some way when they were making Nemesis?

Anyway, it was very nice of him to answer all those questions. I had didn't know G5 took over parts of the escape train in 1.5 so that you couldn't backtrack. I'll also have to look for the hidden Kanji next time I play RE2. I wonder if he really thinks his enemy designs were the reason for 1.5's scrapping?

And this is the G-Annette he mentioned that he drew: http://images.wikia.com/residentevil...8/G-annete.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Renard View Post
                                That's exactly what I thought. Maybe they used his scrapped T-103 concept in some way when they were making Nemesis?

Anyway, it was very nice of him to answer all those questions. I had didn't know G5 took over parts of the escape train in 1.5 so that you couldn't backtrack. I'll also have to look for the hidden Kanji next time I play RE2. I wonder if he really thinks his enemy designs were the reason for 1.5's scrapping?

And this is the G-Annette he mentioned that he drew: http://images.wikia.com/residentevil...8/G-annete.jpg
                                I have a feeling he was referring to retail G-5. In 1.5 G only had 4 forms I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X