Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOHAZARD 7

It cometh.

According to the LinkedIn profile of an ex-House of Moves (motion capture studio) employee, BIO7 has been in development since November 2012, a month after the release of "that other game."

Pretty standard fare for the series. Either development begins immediately after the last or several games are made at once. Both are most likely true here. All that's left is an official announcement and/or reveal.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Hope for reveal at VGA 2013.
    Spoiler:

Comment

Oh boy.

Comment

Seems like bad news? I was hoping they were using this time to come up with something different in response to RE6, rather than going into RE7 blindly.
        Last edited by Scream; 10-11-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
          Seems like bad news? I was hoping they were using this time to come up with something different in response to RE6, rather than going into RE7 blindly.
          This is what they've done for literally every game in the series, so not bad at all. Just depends on how much time they take and what they do in that time.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Slightly pessimistic. I hope they don't try to rush it. I got a feeling this one will be very polarizing.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I remember when it happened the same with Asian actors for RE6, it was funny. BTW, it appears that she has deleted her "experience" with RE7 on Linkedin

Comment

Remember folks "It will return to it's roots".

Comment

"Action You Can Believe."

Despite what they said, I doubt they will stay true to it. Is one month of reviews/sales of RE6 enough to instantly change the direction of the next game back to survival horror?

At best BIO7 will be half horror and half action like Revelations was. They just can't seem to stay the f*ck away from action for some reason, even when the fans bitch that that is the problem with it.
                  My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                  ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

It'll probably be the same engine with a bunch of reused assets and slightly tweaked for better performance/AI, etc. Given Capcom's current situation I imagine they'll be trying to squeeze as much out of what they've got to spend as little money and use as little resources as possible to get stuff out there. To be honest I wouldn't mind as long as they gear RE7 more towards the survival horror side of RE6 as opposed to Chris' scenario which to be honest made me want to pull my hair out at times.

Comment

Seriously, raise your hand if you honestly think that RE7 is going back to its roots. I simply don't believe a word Capcom says anymore.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Capcom have got like, zero chances left. People are finally catching on that their games are lackluster and eventually will stop buying simply because they don't want to waste money. No matter what Capcom do now they're taking a risk, they either do their own thing and face ridicule once again, or they listen to the fans, perhaps not make as much money as they want but finally gain a little respect back from the community and the general gaming industry. Either way they're not going to get the sales they want from the franchise, but by actually making a good game and have it sell through word of mouth is probably a better choice than hyping the crap out of the game and selling everyone another steaming pile of garbage further ruining their reputation. I guess this is their chance to show they're finally listening, if not it's probably one of the last chances they've got.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                          "Action You Can Believe."

Despite what they said, I doubt they will stay true to it. Is one month of reviews/sales of RE6 enough to instantly change the direction of the next game back to survival horror?

At best BIO7 will be half horror and half action like Revelations was. They just can't seem to stay the f*ck away from action for some reason, even when the fans bitch that that is the problem with it.
                          I was being sarcastic...

Comment

All we can do is sit and wait for now. I'm not gonna give my hopes up.

Comment

Crap...My psychic abilities say that this game will star Sherry, Claire, new male protagonist and new evil'er villain loosley related to Umbrella and will involve half a continent taken over by a new virus.

But its no ordinary virus. This new virus will create zombies that are pure bullet sponges and spit tentacles at you which cause numbess making escaping them harder than it should be.

We'll have Alex Wesker make some kind of Albert Wesker Code V entrance and the BSAA will ultimatley end up destroyed by the new evil'er organization thus creating mass panic on this continent and survival becomes hide and seek.

Oh and a fan favorite protagonist will die the game itself will have a few interesting moments, some nods to the old gameplay style we all love but in the end more people will be on the "you fucked things up royally, just stop. You've killed the series".

then RE8 will come out in 2017.

Comment

Working...
                              X