Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE:Dead Aim = RE4?

Tvtropes has the following to say about RE: Dead Aim:

Expy: Dead Aim was based on a rejected proposal for Resident Evil 4, with Bruce McGivern and Fong Ling being obvious stand-ins for Leon S. Kennedy and Ada Wong.
    It is said that one of the proposed concepts for RE4 did have zombies and Umbrella in it, still alive and kicking, but that version of course was thrown out the window. And another version famously became Devil May Cry. For the sake of conversation, could it be possible that when I'm playing Dead Aim, I'm actually playing a tweaked prototype of Resident Evil 4?

Could it be that it is loosely based on the unseen build with zombies and the like?
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Never heard this before anywhere. It's clearly obvious to see so I wouldn't be surprised. But I think it's mostly unfounded.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

It's a very interesting proposal. Someone should ask the creators.

Comment

TVTropes is talking bollocks. There's no truth to this at all.

Leon and Bruce did work for the same organization, though.
          Last edited by News Bot; 12-18-2013, 06:37 PM.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Only similarities I think about are Bruce's uniform and the camera switching when aiming.

Merry Christmas three people online, and to all a good night.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
            X