BIO6 - PC Version Frame Drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIO6 - PC Version Frame Drops

If anyone hasn't noticed by now, I am a very anal videophile who is virtually never happy with any level of quality. It's partly why I take so long to record cutscenes and such... and why I tend to replace them every few months with new ones.

I attempted to record the cutscenes from BIO6, with some success. However, I would notice that every so often, there would be random frame drops even in cutscenes where not much is happening (and it didn't matter whether FPS was set to 30, 60 or Variable). The only alternative is to turn V-Sync off, but this produces atrocious tearing instead of frame drops. You can sort of see this effect on the 360 version, although it is extremely bad on the PC version. My hardware is more than enough to handle the game at a constant 60fps, but the game still produces frame drops. So with the problem tied to the game's V-Sync and not affected by performance, I tried alternative methods.

First I tried AMD Control Center's manual V-Sync and triple buffering settings, but these are ineffectual as they only affect OpenGL games, while most games including BIO6 use Direct3D. This isn't the case for NVIDIA graphics card, but even someone as anal as me wouldn't fork over the £500 for an equivalent graphics card of a different brand. So I went and downloaded the third-party RadeonPro, which also has manual V-Sync options. Incidentally, this one worked great. I recorded a bunch of new videos at all three FPS options and there was no sign of either frame drops or tearing. I have yet to try it out, but I imagine that D3DOverrider works just as well since it does the same thing. RadeonPro just gave me the option to specifically affect BIO6.

So to sum it up, for BIO6 at least, you can't rely on the game or driver V-Sync controls. I don't get this in any other games at all, so I suspect it could be a problem inherent to BIO6.

...Thought I'd post just in case. I doubt anyone has even noticed, but everything's worth mentioning.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

See, all they had to do was release a bluray with cutscenes for the recent re-release of BH6, and you wouldn't have to worry about recording them. But no, Capcom says - DVD is all you get our beloved fans thank you come again. It's like releasing a VHS in 2006. .....Who in the hell, and why?

Talk about being anal.
    Last edited by MiLØ; 01-11-2014, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Wut is your graphics card and cpu? I dunno, these 2013's capcom ports are so bad. urgh.

Its better to set AMD Vision engine control center in 3d application settings in default, so the quality filters will be from the game only, causing no conflicts.

Other than that, update veedeo drivers, if you use steam, verify the game cache(steam option).

i remember when i had an older graphics card, who could handle RE5 and a ton of heavy games in hi-quality(Metro 2033, etc.), could not to maintain 10fps in the RE6 benchmark; the main problem is, RE6 has low quality visuals, and only FXAA(not so heavy).

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
        Wut is your graphics card and cpu? I dunno, these 2013's capcom ports are so bad. urgh.

Its better to set AMD Vision engine control center in 3d application settings in default, so the quality filters will be from the game only, causing no conflicts.

Other than that, update veedeo drivers, if you use steam, verify the game cache(steam option).

i remember when i had an older graphics card, who could handle RE5 and a ton of heavy games in hi-quality(Metro 2033, etc.), could not to maintain 10fps in the RE6 benchmark; the main problem is, RE6 has low quality visuals, and only FXAA(not so heavy).
        I just gave that a shot with my Radeon and first thing I noticed is the benchmark has Nvidia written all over it, could be a clue.. Thought my score was rather low on max settings, since I usually play stuff like Arma 3 on ultra without too much trouble. It mostly ran well over 60 fps though the zoomed-out zombie scene made it drop to around 37 fps.. are scenes like that in the actual game or just for testing?

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
          I just gave that a shot with my Radeon and first thing I noticed is the benchmark has Nvidia written all over it, could be a clue.. Thought my score was rather low on max settings, since I usually play stuff like Arma 3 on ultra without too much trouble. It mostly ran well over 60 fps though the zoomed-out zombie scene made it drop to around 37 fps.. are scenes like that in the actual game or just for testing?

these images are all testing, you can see by the "dozen" of zambies.

but this is no excuse, see, the 7970+2500k is WAY better than PS4/One, no bottleneck also(althought it uses only 2 cpu cores), but the visuals are so poor and the frame rate drops so low. Either the port is a total flaw, like DMC, Revelations and ORC(another engine), or is Nvidia cheating on AMD.

I mean, you must have a mid-to-high-end gear to run this LOW quality game.

Comment

Working...
          X