BIOHAZARD The Elements - Book Translation Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOHAZARD The Elements - Book Translation Project

While I continue working on The Wicked North Sea novel and the series guidebooks, I've also begun work on the series 15th Anniversary book. It's quite an expansive book detailing the history of every game in the series alongside notes regarding their position within the series (main series, spin-off, canon or not canon, etc). There are also very extensive developer interviews with many developers, including Kobayashi, Kawata, Takeuchi, Seto, etc.

The book has a section for Gaiden which it also uses to mention the Anderson movies. In this section is this particular sentence:

開発は英国のM4 Ltd.が行い、その名の通り本編とは無関係のアナザーストーリーが展開する内容である。
    The British M4 Ltd. conducted development and as the name suggests, another story unrelated to the original story unfolds.
    "アナザーストーリー/Another Story" is an additional Japanese way of saying "外伝/Gaiden or Side-Story." Meanwhile, the Gun Survivor and Outbreak titles are labelled as "番外編/Extra Editions" within the "本編/Original Story." In Japanese, extra edition means a story directly linked to the original story/main volume which doesn't affect the development or ending of the original story.

A very clear distinction is made. The only other title in the series described the same way as Gaiden happens to be Operation Raccoon City, just in case that even needed clarification.

On a side-note, Hiroyuki Kobayashi happened to like Gaiden's scenario and supposedly Outbreak pleased younger fans of the series. They also identify the BIO1 remake as "Remake 1." Take from that what you will (most likely means nothing).
    Last edited by News Bot; 01-13-2014, 07:59 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Great! This is really interesting. It's always nice to have opinions from the developpers.

As for "Remake 1", I think it means nothing because in an interview Kobayashi said they won't do another Remake.

News Bot, when will we have the chance to read the translated 15th anniversary book?

Comment

Working...
    X