No announcement yet.

Biohazard 2 Sourcenext difficulty modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Item randomizer sounds nice, but I think what would be even better are different sets of key item placement and locked doors. Outbreak did just that, and each difficulty level had you going through the level in a different way. RE1 DC's Arrange mode also did something similar, which made it a refreshing change from the original mode.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

Originally posted by dax21 View Post
      Dreamcast version cannot be emulated
      thats just a rumor, it works with nulldc and makaronex, but its tricky to get it working with nulldc, i recommend makaronex.

also, the dreamcast version is the only one that runs at 60fps.

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
        Item randomizer sounds nice, but I think what would be even better are different sets of key item placement and locked doors. Outbreak did just that, and each difficulty level had you going through the level in a different way. RE1 DC's Arrange mode also did something similar, which made it a refreshing change from the original mode.
        Yes, I also think that is preferable. Item randomizer only worked on Resident Evil 3 and it was only evident if you were fighting Nemesis. For example, if you didn't get the 3 Gunpowder A at the Gasoline Station, you wouldn't be able to get enhanced handgun ammo for the Substation encounter and would have to use a different choice of weapons instead. I can't really see how you could extrapolate this for BH 1.5 unless the enemy placement is also somewhat random.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
        BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Resident Evil games, especially the classic ones, would greatly benefit from an enemy arrangement randomizer, item randomizer, key item randomizer, different doors being locked, event randomizer, etc. Probably too much work and trouble to hack into the originals, but if anyone ever went through with any of the fan remakes (doubtful) something like that would breath new life into the old games. You only get the jump scares the first time or two you play through the games, then you know where everything is. Mix it all up, and the experience never ends.

Comment

I think there are several mods that have done just that over at the modding forums. As for how it could be possibly implemented in something like IGAS' 1.5, they could create maybe 2-3 different sets that you could cycle through on your succeeding playthroughs. I don't know how hard something like this would implement, but it would definitely greatly extend the replay value of the main game if they decide to do so.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
              thats just a rumor, it works with nulldc and makaronex, but its tricky to get it working with nulldc, i recommend makaronex.

also, the dreamcast version is the only one that runs at 60fps.
              Really... That's awesome!

I tried recently and a few years ago to get it working but couldn't find anything on the internet to help me. Every single post I come across said it's impossible due to no WinCE support for NullDC.
              I know makaron has support for it but I really dislike the emulator - It's very poor is comparison to NullDC and is lacking way too much for it to be worth more of my time trying to get things running on it.

Would greatly appreciate knowing how you got it to work. NullDC is worth the time and hassle, especially when it comes to the Dreamcast version of RE2.

Thanks
              Last edited by braders1986; 02-13-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X