What Should I Work on Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should I Work on Next?

At the moment I'm currently wrapping up the translation of the BIO HAZARD The Wicked North Sea novel. With that, I want to work on something that a large number of people want. So... demand something (doesn't have to be translation). Meanwhile I'll still be translating interviews, guidebooks, biographies and the like.

I'll be working on Project Umbrella articles pretty regularly, as always. I have dozens of text documents scattered on my computer that I update daily, they just need finishing touches (double checks for scientific accuracy, etc). The initial goal of PU's information articles was always to provide more in-depth and detailed information than even CAPCOM themselves. In recent years this has become much easier as we now have direct contact with many of the series writers, and have learned many of their intentions and inspirations for the biological aspects of the series.

Additionally, the idea of a BIO2 remake has been shot around among PU's staff. We are in a far better position than the other fan projects due to our direct contact with developers, extensive texture dump (the original versions of the textures from almost every game) and even more extensive access to development material, released and unreleased. If anyone's interested in participating in that, let me know. I'm not entirely convinced by the idea myself, but seeing demand for it would change my mind.
    Last edited by News Bot; 03-01-2014, 09:47 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

How about an article covering the Outbreak games? Seeing as how we only got half of the planned scenarios, it seems like there's quite a lot of juicy unrevealed concepts and back story to it. David past still remains a mystery, Yoko's involvement with Umbrella was left half-resolved, and we still don't know the timeline of the scenarios in the game.

Bio 2 remake sounds nice, but a fan project to "fill in" the gaps in Outbreak would be nice too.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-01-2014, 10:07 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

Do a BH3 remake.

Comment

I agree with Outbreak. I been making a collection of beta screenshots of outbreak and I divided them into areas/potential scenario setups, unused abilities and side by side beta retail comparisons. If you noticed I was changing my avatar as the weeks go by starting with hellfire beta "a day in raccoon" from start of level to end . I was planning to move onto the docks/entirely cut scenario but I kinda stopped at
        <this one just cause I like how it looks.
        I explored the first game disc and I found entire unused dialogues from the outbreak scenario and beta "zombified cutscene gameover" audio that no one seemed to have found before however the disc exploring program kept hard freezing my computer and I couldn't get much further.
        Last edited by NEOMEGA; 03-01-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
          I agree with Outbreak. I been making a collection of beta screenshots of outbreak and I divided them into areas/potential scenario setups, unused abilities and side by side beta retail comparisons. If you noticed I was changing my avatar as the weeks go by starting with hellfire beta "a day in raccoon" from start of level to end . I was planning to move onto the docks/entirely cut scenario but I kinda stopped at
          <this one just cause I like how it looks.
          I explored the first game disc and I found entire unused dialogues from the outbreak scenario and beta "zombified cutscene gameover" audio that no one seemed to have found before however the disc exploring program kept hard freezing my computer and I couldn't get much further.
          I think that some of that audio is from the online exclusive zombification feature. Either way, i'd love to learn more about outbreak or at the very least did they know what they were going to do storywise for the other half of the story.

Comment

Yes that is exactly what it is-beta audio for that cutscene for each character.

Comment

A BH2 or 3 remake would be nice, though to be honest I feel like BH1 should be remade again as well. I know, I know...I just feel like BH1 is one of those classic games like the original Mario that gets remade on every new console.

Would buy, every time.

They should really give Outbreak another chance, shit was ahead of it's time.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I'd enjoy a RE2 remake if it'd be possible.
                sigpic
                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  What Should I Work on Next?
                  Your beard. It has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      Someone's jealous.

Please keep your beard.

Comment

(the original versions of the textures from almost every game)
                        Damn, by that you mean the textures used on the original background scene files? That must be one hefty directory! I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum would like to see a REmake 2, but that's quite the project to undertake even if you are looking to fill your time for the foreseeable future...

Also, never lose the beard. Beard are for life, not just for No Shave November...

Comment

...the original versions of the textures from almost every game...
                          Could you elaborate what you mean by "original versions of the textures"? You mean that you have the original texture project files as they were before they were compressed down into the bitmap textures that you actually see for the 3D character/object models in the game (say RE2)? I just want to be sure I understand this.
                          Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 03-03-2014, 06:45 PM.
                          If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
                            Could you elaborate what you mean by "original versions of the textures"? You mean that you have the original texture sources as they were before they were compressed down into the textures for the backgrounds and 3D character/object models that you actually see in the game (say RE2)? I just want to be sure I understand this.
                            You've got it right.

Comment

You've got it right.
                              Holy Crap.

I don't know any major fan-base that actually possesses such items of unparalleled value. What you've got on your hands are essentially what constructed a significant chunk of the games. This would be as close to having any source assets to such games as you could ever even possibly get. I don't know precisely what textures for what specific RE games you have but having any of these assets for, say, Resident Evil 2, would allow us to actually examine pre-rendered rooms, at least their textures, in the different angles -- something I'm sure no one would've imagined the opportunity to do so. I'd be stoked if I knew you even had the original project files of the graphic assets for Resident Evil 1, 1.5, and 2.

Please don't horde these practically-historical items forever. I think these assets would be the centerpieces of game preservation.

Now, I know I've spoken grandly enough but I want to ask about the technics of these files. Are they proprietary or are they just ordinary files that can read by programs like Illustrator or Photoshop? Are these vectors graphics?

(FAKE EDIT: News Bot, I edited my last post before seeing your reply. I hope the edits I made don't change the meaning to either my reply or yours.)
                              Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 03-03-2014, 07:35 PM.
                              If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

Working...
                              X